Team 6 - Team Ohana - Check in and introduce!

Thanks Connie! And happy birthday again! (I think I wished you one on the walking site)

Oh shoot, I missed that one! I gotta go look! Anyway, thanks, Jeanne for the birthday WISHes!!! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!

Oh, and to make it easier, you might just have everyone report their totals for the week. That's what we are doing, that way there aren't so many posts to follow. -- Oh, and your sticky is just for your team. Trash talkin' will take place elsewhere.

XXXOOO's Connie

Hi O'hana Team!!

I just popped in here to thank Maria and Deekaypee for wishing me happy birthday and telling me that they secretly thought that our team would beat y'all soundly, and noticed you had a question!

Plus, the page will be available for viewing for all teams, thus cementing Maria's and deekaypee's opinion of our superiority!

Hugs and Kisses, Connie

Apparently, trash talkin' takes place here, too! Watch out, Connie, we're comin' to get ya!:cool1:

Maria

Holy cow those eyelashes! Good thing eyelashes can't get frostbite! (Or can they?)

Ha! No, they really can't. I didn't end up with any frostbite that day. My eyelashes ended up so frosty because I was breathing into my neck gaiter and had sunglasses on, so all that warm moist air froze on my lashes. I I was roasty-toasty once we got underway. The cold air, evidently does slow you down. I don't know how much, but that was my consolation on my time.

I was gonna say, these secret ambitions...not so secret any more! I appreciate every one of you sharing that. :grouphug:

My favorite Star Trek was DS9 as well, for what that is worth at this point. I love the first couple of episodes where Dr. Bashir went around telling everyone "Call me Julian!" I don't even know why.

So is everyone ready to rock and roll tomorrow??? :jumping1:

Just popping in from Team #1 (in oh so many ways) to wish you good luck tomorrow, and make sure Debra is behaving herself. We'll try not to kick up too much dirt, since the rest of the teams will have to eat it in our wake.

Hey, Shell, where on LI? I'm on the north shore, not too far from where Billy Joel regularly drives into people's living rooms and where the J.Lo/Marc Anthony twins will soon be residing. Oh, joy. But it will all be worth it when we can put this last season behind us and ride to glory on Santana's arm.

okay, enough graciousness -- I'm taking my triple Ds and heading back to hang with the victors-to-be....

Team 1's lawyers are drawing up your contract for your
team pic/logo usage... I'm thinking 10% of your team's miles should
go to us as compensation for such a beautiful team logo:rotfl2:

LOL! Good luck everyone!
Just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!:goodvibes

I can't believe I'm surrounded by so many fellow sci-fi (and ST in particular) fans around here.

I'm also looking forward to a sub-30 minute 5K one day. Seeing as how I just hit 35 minutes a couple weeks ago, sub 30 is awhile off. I sure wish I could have appreciaited it more when I was 20 and could run a sub 20 minute 5K.

Anyway, I have just capped off my recovery period from the Houston marathon (same weekend at Disney) and am ready to get training for my next event which is either a HM in March or a 25K trail run in early April--haven't quite decided yet.

Is everyone else ready to get moving for Team Ohana!

Team 1's lawyers are drawing up your contract for your
team pic/logo usage... I'm thinking 10% of your team's miles should
go to us as compensation for such a beautiful team logo:rotfl2:

LOL! Good luck everyone!
Just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!:goodvibes

I knew the generosity was too good to be true :rotfl:

Will you settle for a resounding THANK-YOU from Team Ohana....and leave our miles alone!

Seriously, you did a great job....I think I like ours the best!

I can't believe I'm surrounded by so many fellow sci-fi (and ST in particular) fans around here.

I don't know much about Star Trek....but I am a HUGE Star Wars fan! Does that count for anything?

Hi Debra!

My favorite ST (although not readily apparent) is in my screen name. I'm an NG girl, who came to appreciate DS9 much more after Worf appeared -- although I never quite got Odo.... One of our cats is actually named Worf, but we call him Worfiedoodles as a term of endearment.

:cheer2: Team Ohana :cheer2:
Maria

Actually, I think I knew that. I remember when my I first started watching NG; I'd never watched classic Trek--and I fell in love with NG. I still think it's the tightest of the multiple series. And Worf was woefully underused for too many seasons! I like the ethnographic nature of all ST, and for some reason the claustrophobic sense of DS9 really speaks to me. Plus, I also love Bashir, Dax, and Sisko. And with my ears, I'm probably related to Quark.

Oh, yeah. Love sci-fi & especially speculative fiction. Star Wars, too. Love Philip Dick & the film adaptations. Have seen all three versions of I am Legend. Don't get me started....

I'm also looking forward to a sub-30 minute 5K one day. Seeing as how I just hit 35 minutes a couple weeks ago, sub 30 is awhile off. I sure wish I could have appreciated it more when I was 20 and could run a sub 20 minute 5K.

Is everyone else ready to get moving for Team Ohana!

I was gonna say, these secret ambitions...not so secret any more! I appreciate every one of you sharing that. :grouphug:

So is everyone ready to rock and roll tomorrow??? :jumping1:

Sooo ready! You know, I think since a lot of us are harboring the ambition for the sub-30 5K, this might be a good mini-goal with which to encourage one another. I'm not sure I have it in me to achieve this, mind you, but I'd love to cheer others on & wouldn't mind giving it a shot myself.

Hi O'hana Team!!

I just popped in here to thank Maria and Deekaypee for wishing me happy birthday and telling me that they secretly thought that our team would beat y'all soundly, and noticed you had a question!

Hugs and Kisses, Connie

Slanderous! There's only one way to respond...by putting my foot down again and again and again & letting my miles do the talking.

And awww, look at how cute the triple Ds are. First Erica comes in with that bit of motivating trash-talking she knew I needed to start my challenge off right! She's so thoughtful, especially with the "eating dirt" playground challenge. And then twotoohappy follows with the real reason for their visit: they're asking us for miles already! See, they just know who the real threats are! :cool2:

I'm afraid I have developed most of my foreign policy and international relations theories based on the teachings of the great Jean-Luc Picard :thumbsup2 We've also become fans of Voyager...didn't watch it when it was on, but we've DVR'd most of the series re-runs on Spike. Sorry, though, I never really liked DS9.

Mike...I'm so glad you appreciated my heartfelt advice. I'm afraid that Team 8 has not been quite so appreciative <sniff> But please do feel free to share my Goofy and full marathon training schedules with your team :thumbsup2

I'm ready to rock this thing though I've been flirting with a bronchial cootie for the last couple days. Been hard taking the stairs at work (hey...can I count the stairs?)

Debra...I thought Carrie was younger than me but either way her birthday's in August. AmyBeth and SWDave both turn 40 in Dec. And I think you already found Helen. I can't remember when her birthday is.

Maybe we should schedule our team's victory party at Ohana...then we can all be cousins!

Go Team Ohana! Resistance is futile!

Debra...I thought Carrie was younger than me but either way her birthday's in August. AmyBeth and SWDave both turn 40 in Dec. And I think you already found Helen. I can't remember when her birthday is.

I think Helen's is in Dec. Mine is Nov. I never realized how close many of us are in age. :) I'm glad to know I'm in good company as that horrid birthday draws closer.

I was too chicken to ask, are you Tiberius after the Great James T. Kirk?! WWDave did not know what he was doing when he accidentally made team scifi!

I also love Star Wars, the Stargate multiverse, etc. I was 9 when I first saw Han Solo, and my love for him goes on and on...

I am also a Voyager devotee -- I would happily follow Captain Janeway into any quadrant Q could find.

How appropriate that Team Ohana consists of so many people who appreciate aliens!:cloud9:

Maria

You guys better tell one of your team mates that trash talk isn't considered a work out! You might want to leave that one behind! ;) Doesn't matter. Walt's Warriors are just gonna' leave you all inour dust anyway! :thumbsup2

How appropriate that Team Ohana consists of so many people who appreciate aliens!:cloud9:

Maria

Too funny!!!! Guess it was just meant to be.

Oh, and I was 24 when I first laid eyes on Han Solo and I'm still loving him too!

I was too chicken to ask, are you Tiberius after the Great James T. Kirk?!
Partly so, also partly due to studying Latin during my high school years. Last, but not least, Tiberius became my adopted online persona in the fashion of Locke and Demosthenes from the Orson Scott Card's book because of the earlier influences Ender's Game.

I also love Star Wars, the Stargate multiverse, etc. I was 9 when I first saw Han Solo, and my love for him goes on and on...

Also a big Stargate fan here!

Obviously our team is out of this world!

Morning Team. Let the games begin.

Friday is usually a rest day for me so I won't be logging in any hours or miles today. But will be working hard the rest of the week.

I'm so old I remember the orginal ST TV shows when they were first aired. I used to watch the show then. When looking at William Shatner today it hard to believe he was so skinny as Captain Kirk. :eek:

Go Ohana.

Nancy

Weekly would be preferable, but if you're the type of person who needs to post daily, but all means do it.

Two questions:

Are we keeping this one as our chat thread?

Did I see right on the Master Roster...we got Christa?!?!? :banana: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter