Tell me about Teppan Edo

firsttimer4

Mouseketeer
I like to try new places when we go to Disney. We have a hibachi restaurant that my kids (10 & 7) love to go to by our house. Is it fun? Kid friendly? How's the food?

We ate there last summer with our daughter / 12. It's pretty standard hibachi - you'll find all the same combos. Very kid friendly. All hibachi restaurants are on the upper end price wise and you wouldn't expect anything else at Disney. Food was pretty good. If your enjoyment level is tied to the performance of the chef - I would say it's on the lower end of what we've seen at other places. Not the quality of the food - just the "performance" part. Kind of hit and miss. The waiting area is pretty cramped - because they will hold all parties at a table until they've all assembled. So the reception area can get really crowded. And hopefully your party is the last to arrive so your wait is shorter.

All and all, if you like Hibachi - and I think it's really kid friendly food - it's a fun dinner. But not different than anything else you'll find at home - except the fried rice in the shape of.....what else.....Mickey.

I enjoyed it. I think it is kid friendly. We do not have hibachi locally so for us it is somewhat unique.

If you go to a local hibachi, you may be disappointed. I've been to a few hibachi's and Teppan Edo had the shortest "show" of any I've ever gone to. The food was fine, but a little salty for my taste. If you do go to a hibachi near your home, perhaps try something in EP you don't have easy access to!

If my daughter is with me it is a must, but we do not have a habachi near us. I would choose something else for a more unique experience.

It’s been a while since we went, but we really enjoyed it. The show is “disneyfied” hibachi and my kids really loved it (they were 2 and 5 at the time). The lobby is tight and even with an ADR we had a bit of a wait. We had never been to hibachi style dining before that. We’ve been a couple of times at home since then and were actually disappointed, the meal and show at WDW was better.

I've been to Benihana's in California and the Southeast and I prefer it to Teppon Edo. My husband liked it more than I did. The food, for me, was just okay. I remember it being very crowded and waited a while even with ADR. Plus, I felt they really packed you in there.

I think the food is good and the kids like it, but it's standard hibachi. We have a local hibachi that is just as good, so we have only been to Teppan Edo once. We prefer to eat at restaurants at Disney that aren't like the ones we have at home.

We like it a lot. We eat there on 4th of July. We have the option to eat hibachi at home, but we never do it, so it's still a "Disney" treat for us. I just posted this on another thread, so sorry if anyone is reading it twice now, but this meal always has the lightest portions of all of our TS meals we eat during the week. We aren't big eaters, either. We don't leave hungry, but we don't leave overly stuffed like we do at every other TS meal.

We just tried it for the first time last week. I had never done a hibachi before so it was new for me. I thought it was pretty good and our waiter was fun. Although, at times I felt like I had to force myself to laugh at her “tricks”. We probably won’t go back but it was fun to try once.

we always go on our trips although as we are in the uk we go for long trips so get lots of restaurants in and have no hibachi. i like the show and find it very good for kids.

food is fine. just standard ingredients so never gonna be blown away.

If you go to a local hibachi, you may be disappointed. I've been to a few hibachi's and Teppan Edo had the shortest "show" of any I've ever gone to. The food was fine, but a little salty for my taste. If you do go to a hibachi near your home, perhaps try something in EP you don't have easy access to!

Ditto. If you have a local hibachi you will find TE gives you less and charges more.

My family really likes Teppan Edo.

We took our kids (9, 6, 4, 1) in 2016 and had a great time. We have Hibachi near our house and we find Teppan Edo above and beyond our local place. Our kids want to go to Teppan Edo again this September.

From a cost perspective, Hibachi is always going to be a little pricey since you have a chef dedicated to your table. Relative to our local restaurant, Teppan Edo is $5 more for kids, $15 more for adults. That seems to be a lower surcharge then other Disney restaurants.

Not that you asked for alternatives - but my kids got a kick out of Biergarten too. We enjoyed the food, and its a unique environment. When we went in 2014, a lot of the kids in the restaurant would dance and run around the floor while the music played.

I haven't eaten at TE but have at Tokyo Dining. The reason I mentioned that is both restaurants seem to share a welcome desk, bathroom facilities and are located on the same floor.
In order to use the facilities, DGD and I, passed TE and were able to peer in from the hallway and briefly observe the ambiance. Seemed like a lot of families particularly with younger children having a good time. A bit louder and smokier than TD (a norm of hibachi grills) but a good ventilation system and soundproofing meant we didn't hear or smell anything at the other restaurant.

Based on my observation, it passes the "fun" and "kids like it" requirements with flying colours.

We enjoyed it. Its very similar to other hibachi type restaurants that we have been to. They still do all the tricks while cooking. maybe it was our chef, but he didn't interact with the guests as much as we are used to and none of the bad jokes they all tell. As I said, I'm not sure if that is what they are supposed to do, or that was just our chef.
We haven't gone back as we have better at home.

We really like TE, great choices for kids.

We enjoy the show and sitting with other diners.

I would recommend this eatery for sure.

My experience at Teppan Edo is the same as above. The food is not bad but it is quite loaded with sodium. The show is fun to watch.

We eat hibachi frequently at home and have some excellent choices. The differences at Teppan Edo were:

1) They didn't do fire tricks. I'm sure it is a safety thing, but the performance was more artistic than flashy.
2) They served noodles and steamed rice instead of the fried rice we get here.

We eat hibachi frequently at home and have some excellent choices. The differences at Teppan Edo were:

1) They didn't do fire tricks. I'm sure it is a safety thing, but the performance was more artistic than flashy.
2) They served noodles and steamed rice instead of the fried rice we get here.

Oh that's good to know. When I think of Hibachi I think of the fire tricks that our local place does and I usually get fried rice with mine.
Might be something to think about.

I've seen other post about nine dragons being good, but I was thinking that this would have been more kid friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter