Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Mid 20s the last few nights and highs in the mid 40s since last Friday, but no precipitation. We are supposed to be warming up the rest of the week with mid 60s by Saturday.

j
hope that holds for a week, we head thru St. Louis next Friday, taking the Rt 66 way to NM to visit DS and Family, then up through Vegas for the F1 race 11-19, then SLC for thanksgiving with DD back in port 12-2

hope that holds for a week, we head thru St. Louis next Friday, taking the Rt 66 way to NM to visit DS and Family, then up through Vegas for the F1 race 11-19, then SLC for thanksgiving with DD back in port 12-2
I'll wave as you cruise through. I live a few blocks off Rt 66.

j

You know what's weird, living here I forget what it's like up north. I mean my brain says November, but I walk outside and it's 78° and the fact it should be cold just doesn't compute any longer. My wife and I are definitely not "we like the seasons" kind of people. Even mid January when our part of Florida participates in winter for two weeks is not my thing. We're lucky we're on the frost line here in central Florida. They actually get cold weather (for us) in the northern part of the state.

I always think of WDW being on the South side of the frost line, but those once a decade pictures of snow at MK are pretty weird.

j

Father winter stopped by the last two nights. Low of 29 yesterday and a low of 25 today. Heat set in the RV to 52 and just let it do its thing. We camp one more weekend then winterize so no biggie.

Snow wise, we shall see. My primary is the snow mower (lawn tractor long retired from mowing though used as the yard tractor and snow mover.) If its bad enough call someone or the neighbor who has a Kobota bx22 and loader.

After a record low in the mid 20s the other morning, today was 71. Should be close to 70 the next few days.

Hang in there James. I'm sure it is coming your way.

j

Oh it did. Saturday was a 72, got LOTS of yard work done. Sunday was just as nice and finished by mowing up all the leaf fall and going for a bike ride. Temps stay nice till Friday then drop back to closer to seasonal.

I never heard Bing Crosby sing "White Thanksgiving", but here we are. The whole state of Kansas pretty much got covered in 2+” of snow yesterday. We cut our plans short from my in laws (they got 7") and left ahead of the storm.

We have around 4". It's going to stay in the 20s today with a pretty gnarly wind chill. At least it's sunny to clear the roads.

1000007311.jpg

1000007313.jpg

Thankfully I have an 11 year old that thinks this is fun. I just have to start it the first time and help him get it out of the shed.
1000007319.jpg

Here in NW Vermont, tomorrow is rain, 1/2" -3" and 50, but Sunday night into Monday morning we have a winter storm warning. Heavy wet snow, 4-10" with wind gust to 35mph with a low of 34.

As predicted on Saturday, the "big" snow we were supposed to get last night and into today didn't happen... at least not for us. The storm shifted west. We did have a light dusting last evening, but it started raining about 2am and all is gone.
Here is the current view:

Screenshot_20240109_101839_HeimKits.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter