Temp IN parks? & dressing suggestions needed

christibelle

Earning My Ears
I have been checking www.weather.com for info on the forecasted weather for our trip. It looks like it will be in the high 60's and low 70's during the day, and 40's & 50's at night. Does it feel warmer in the parks or is the forecast generally acurate for how the parks feel?

Being from Minnesota, I have forgotten what it feels like to be in the 60's and 70's. I am guessing that if we start the day in pants and t-shirts with some sort of pullover to take off in the afternoon we will be dressed appropriately? I would love to just wear shorts and tshirts to the parks, but I fear that we may be too cool in the mornings and evenings. What do you think? and how would you dress/pack?

Looks like we will be there the same time. I am brining everything from pants/sweatshirts/fleeces to t-shirts and shorts. I am sure the mornings and evenings will have us putting on our warm clothes, but if its sunny those 70 degree temps will have us in our t-shirts. Just from touring the parks before it seems if the sun is strong it makes the temp feel even warmer for me than what is indicated by the weather people. Since you are from Minnesota, I'm sure you'll feel real warm in those 70 degree temps! :)

We are looking forward to our little break from winter! :)

Gi

We will be there from Feb. 1-6. I'm also packing both warm-and cool weather clothes: jeans, Capris, shorts, t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, a jacket and a fleece top, and some light gloves. But I'm also being optimistic and packing a swimsuit and sandals!
You'll probably need to wear layers in the a.m., and shed them as the day warms up.

We will be packing lots of layers for our trip. We have a friend who now resides in Florida, and is a nurse for Disney. She moved there 3 yrs ago from PA and thinks that it always feels a little cooler (damper - is her description) compared to the same temp in PA (we tell her that her blood is thinning;) ) Looks like it will warm up enough to use those bathing suits! Have a great trip everyone!

I was there this past month. (Right before the deep freeze! :) )

I packed a pair of shorts, swim wear, LOTS of T-Shirts, jeans, and 2 or 3 sweatshirts. I was there for five days, and it was perfect. The sweatshirt came off at about 11 or so, and went back on as the sun began to set. I never ended up using the shorts or swim wear.

Unless you're deadset on wearing shorts, I wouldn't even bother with them.

We were last in the parks 1/17-1/21 and the weather was beautiful but much cooler in the mornings and evenings. The best thing I packed?-my silk long johns. I didn't have to bundle up in layers and if I needed to take them of during the day, they fit into my bag. Have a great trip!

With 60's and low 70's, don't forget your poncho. Early mornings and evenings on water rides can make you REALLY cold.

You might have to decide for yourself. Reading the other posts it sounds like they are trying to talk you out of wearing your warm weather clothes. I just got back, we were there 1/18-25. 3 days 70's (high of 77), 3 days 60's, 1 day of 48. I wore shorts 5 days with short sleeve polo-style shirts. No sweatshirts in the am, no jackets to lug around, nothing. You're from MN. Think of the first forecasted warm spring day in the 60's. What would you wear? Wouldn't it feel liberating to have shorts on? JMHO

I agree with the last post. We are from NY where the weather man said today it has been officially one month since we have been above the freezing mark. The last couple of years we always seem to take some vacation in Feb or March and it seems like it's in the upper 60's to mid 70's. We are dressed for summer or close to it. It feels nice to us.
We were in Disney last April and everyday we were there was in the low to mid 80's. The mornings were even in the 70's. We were in tanks and shorts while the locals were still in long pants and sweatshirts at times. It was easy to tell who was a tourist from the north!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter