TGIF: The College Years

hey yall! i'm back.. CRAZY day even if i didn't have class!

so i'm glad so many people are responding-- i just feel like a loser when it comes to music! i know a lot of artists-- it's just all of yall's sound so awesome.. i wish i knew half of the people yall know!

to babypiglet about psych-- i have had the BEST experiences as a psych major! i am very much a child and adolescent/developmental/educational psychology person. ive taken so so many classes and have enjoyed every one of them! my favorites have been child and adolescent psych, psych of exceptional individual, abnormal psych, and educational psychology. if you DO end up going into psych, remember not to diagnose yourself... too much. haha! :rotfl2:

hey yall! i'm back.. CRAZY day even if i didn't have class!

so i'm glad so many people are responding-- i just feel like a loser when it comes to music! i know a lot of artists-- it's just all of yall's sound so awesome.. i wish i knew half of the people yall know!

to babypiglet about psych-- i have had the BEST experiences as a psych major! i am very much a child and adolescent/developmental/educational psychology person. ive taken so so many classes and have enjoyed every one of them! my favorites have been child and adolescent psych, psych of exceptional individual, abnormal psych, and educational psychology. if you DO end up going into psych, remember not to diagnose yourself... too much. haha! :rotfl2:
Lol. Child developmental psych sounds really really interesting! Really what I'm looking for. ::yes::

I also have one other interest to major in. Social Work. The only problem is the university I was planning on going to doesn't offer it, so I'd have to transfer sophomore year.

My name is Jenny btw. :)

BabyPiglet, your signature picture's SO pretty! What city is that?
Shamefully I have to say I have no idea. I 'stole' it off of a friend of a friend's flickr account. She actually said I could use it, heh. It just looked like it would work good with the lyrics.

Shamefully I have to say I have no idea. I 'stole' it off of a friend of a friend's flickr account. She actually said I could use it, heh. It just looked like it would work good with the lyrics.

I love it, that's so a gorgeous picture and I love the lyrics, too :goodvibes

A lot of us don't even know each other's names so you know what that means... it's fun survey time! :lmao: :lmao: Fill it out and include whatever you're comfortable with. It'll be a really fun way to get to know each other :goodvibes

About You
Name: Melissa
Nickname: Melly
Birth date: May 7
Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY
Current Location: Still Brooklyn!
Marital Status: Single
Ethnicity: Italian Jew
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Piercings: Just my ears
Tattoo: None yet but I want one on the inside of my ankle SO bad
Five Words To Describe Yourself Best: Creative, Intelligent, Fun-Loving, Wanderlust, Spontaneous

Favorites
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Word: Wanderlust and Serendipity
Favorite Catch Phrase: "That's just fabulous" from Sex and the City
Favorite Quote: "The core of man's soul comes from new experiences." - Chris McCandless
Favorite Day: Friday!
Favorite Month: July
Favorite Holiday: Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July, New Years Eve
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Actor: Robin Williams, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Emile Hirsch
Favorite Actress: Sara Jessica Parker, Debra Messing, Jennifer Aniston
Favorite Female Singer: Cher! She's FABULOUS! :love: :lmao:
Favorite Male Singer: Elton John
Favorite Band: Oh man, way too many to name. Some highlights are Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Format, Muse, My Chem, Taking Back Sunday... the list goes on and on and on
Favorite Song: Tie between "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band and "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan
Favorite Music Video: "I Would Do Anything For Love" by Meat Loaf! That's an AWESOME video!
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Drink: Water, Dr. Brown's Wild Cherry... and some pina colatas!
Favorite Dessert: Brownies
Favorite Candy: 3 Musketeers... but really any kind of chocolate will do :thumbsup2
Favorite Fruit: Oranges
Favorite City: I've gotta go with New York on this one :love:
Favorite Store: Journeys!
Favorite Book: "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston, "Into the Wild" by Jack Kerouac, and "Travels With Charley in Search of America" by John Steinbeck
Favorite Magazine: US Weekly and New York
Favorite Cartoon: Any Disney animated movies! And Spongebob... and The Rugrats because that show brings back great memories :goodvibes
Favorite TV Show: Tie between Boy Meets World and Sex and the City, but I also love so many others
Favorite Movie: Rocky Horror, Dirty Dancing, Rent, Into the Wild, Grease, That Thing You Do, Little Shop of Horrors, Hairspray, Billy Madison, Bio-Dome, The Birdcage, Too Wong Foo, A League of Their Own, Rock Star... the list goes on!
Favorite Sports Team: GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the Giants, of course! :woohoo:

A Picture of Yourself
me.jpg

:goodvibes

Hi everybody. I saw the post for this thread on the CB, and I'm so excited the thread exists. I read the CB and Budget Board alot, but they can sometimes be downers. I also love the Disney Weddings board, even though I am far far away from a wedding.

I'm a junior majoring in psych and minoring in special education. It's interesting there are so many of us here with similar majors. I love talking about developmental issues, parenting, abnormal psych, etc. I'm hoping to go to graduate school in psych. I don't plan on doing the College Program at any point.

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for spending so much time on a message board. I hope I'm not the only one lol.

Hi everybody. I saw the post for this thread on the CB, and I'm so excited the thread exists. I read the CB and Budget Board alot, but they can sometimes be downers. I also love the Disney Weddings board, even though I am far far away from a wedding.

I'm a junior majoring in psych and minoring in special education. It's interesting there are so many of us here with similar majors. I love talking about developmental issues, parenting, abnormal psych, etc. I'm hoping to go to graduate school in psych. I don't plan on doing the College Program at any point.

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for spending so much time on a message board. I hope I'm not the only one lol.

Welcome to the thread! :goodvibes I love finally having a place to go on here where we can all actually relate to each other. It's been fun so far :woohoo: And don't worry, everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for coming on here all the time! :lmao: These boards are addicting!

About You
Name: Jennifer
Nickname: Jenny
Birth date: March 3
Birthplace: Fort Smith, AR
Current Location: Still Fortsmith. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. =/
Marital Status: Single
Ethnicity: Russian
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Piercings: None
Tattoo: None yet but I want one.
Five Words To Describe Yourself Best: Intelligent, Opinionated, Shy, Loving, Careful.

Favorites
Favorite Number: 7
Favorite Word: Ingredients.
Favorite Day: Friday!
Favorite Month: April
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Actress: Jennifer Garner
Favorite Female Singer: Petula Clark
Favorite Male Singer: Frank Sinatra
Favorite Band: Oi, I can't choose one.
Favorite Song: 'Downtown' Petula Clark and 'Where Are You Now' Jackie Trent
Favorite Music Video: 1234 Feist. Lmao.
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite Drink: Diet Dr Pepper
Favorite Dessert: Creme Brulee
Favorite Candy: Snickers
Favorite Fruit: Pineapple
Favorite City: Orlando.
Favorite Store: Macys.
Favorite Book: The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
Favorite Magazine: People.
Favorite Cartoon: Barney. :)
Favorite TV Show: Alias, Greys, LOST, NCIS, CSI, Bones, House, etc etc.
Favorite Movie: Rent

Hmm...trying to think of anything else I can add.

OH! I've been homeschooled since March to fast track my high school courses. I plan on graduating in the next month, then starting college in the fall. I might even take some simple starter courses in the summer. No, I'm not a genius and incredibly super smart, I just wanted to get to college quicker.

I also have a passion for cooking, although I'd never become a chef. I prefer homecooking.

I volunteer occaisonally at the Department of Human Services because my mother works there, and it's right above DCFS (my dream job).

OH, one more thing. I prefer to be called Jenny other than Babypiglet. I was so young when I made this account name, Lol.

Melly, you're beautiful! I'll upload a picture in a second, I'll have to see if I can find a good one.

Another psych major! Hi there.

Yes, I'm so glad I found this thread. Ya'll seem to be all in tune with where I'm at right now. I can relate to so many of you, even though I'm a bit younger.

hey everyone!
this is a cute thread! I'm a sophomore from college in NY, I'm a social work major with a psych minor lol, so it looks like we have lots of psych people on here. I want to eventually work with mental disorders, abnormal psych, that kind of thing.

sooo...anyone else stuck in the cold and wishing they lived in florida? :goodvibes

oh almost forgot about my music- i really like anything. i listen to classical music (i LOVE going to operas lol, i know it's wierd), i like broadway, jazz, rock (mostly classic rock- the stones and the beatles!), and all kind of alterative, even some country. i just love music haha.

looks like we're in for a fun thread! :woohoo:

hey everyone!
this is a cute thread! I'm a sophomore from college in NY, I'm a social work major with a psych minor lol, so it looks like we have lots of psych people on here. I want to eventually work with mental disorders, abnormal psych, that kind of thing.

sooo...anyone else stuck in the cold and wishing they lived in florida? :goodvibes

oh almost forgot about my music- i really like anything. i listen to classical music (i LOVE going to operas lol, i know it's wierd), i like broadway, jazz, rock (mostly classic rock- the stones and the beatles!), and all kind of alterative, even some country. i just love music haha.

looks like we're in for a fun thread! :woohoo:
Can you tell me somethings about the social work major? I'm seriously on the fench between SW and psych.

Can you tell me somethings about the social work major? I'm seriously on the fench between SW and psych.

yea definately! I dont know much about what you can do with a psych major so someone else might have to chime in there. Social work majors have a ton of flexability because you can work in a lot of different locations - i.e. in a school as a guidance counselor, in a mental health hospital, in a normal hospital working with families of the sick, in a childrens home, etc. theres a ton of things you can do with it. If you have any specific questions you can pm me, i'm not sure what else to say about it. :goodvibes

yea definately! I dont know much about what you can do with a psych major so someone else might have to chime in there. Social work majors have a ton of flexability because you can work in a lot of different locations - i.e. in a school as a guidance counselor, in a mental health hospital, in a normal hospital working with families of the sick, in a childrens home, etc. theres a ton of things you can do with it. If you have any specific questions you can pm me, i'm not sure what else to say about it. :goodvibes
Thank you, if I can think of anything specific I'll PM you. :)

OH! I've been homeschooled since March to fast track my high school courses. I plan on graduating in the next month, then starting college in the fall. I might even take some simple starter courses in the summer. No, I'm not a genius and incredibly super smart, I just wanted to get to college quicker.

Aw, thanks Jenny! :goodvibes And that's awesome that you'll be done with HS at so young. You'll already be ahead of the game when everyone else is just starting college, that's such a good idea. Do you plan on staying home for college or going away? good luck with everything!

MEEE!!! :lmao: I wish I could live in NYC for the spring, summer and fall and then movie down to Florida for the winter. It's WAY too cold out, I hate it. UGH.

Welcome to the thread! What part of NY are you in?

MEEE!!! :lmao: I wish I could live in NYC for the spring, summer and fall and then movie down to Florida for the winter. It's WAY too cold out, I hate it. UGH.

Welcome to the thread! What part of NY are you in?

I'm originally from CT, i go to school at Marist, in poughkeepsie, NY. I wish i lived in NYC! i go there sometimes for weekends, when we get too bored here lol. i love the city-theres always stuff to do. poughkeepsie has more than my hometown did, but after a while its pretty boring. i bet you never get bored in the city!

I'm originally from CT, i go to school at Marist, in poughkeepsie, NY. I wish i lived in NYC! i go there sometimes for weekends, when we get too bored here lol. i love the city-theres always stuff to do. poughkeepsie has more than my hometown did, but after a while its pretty boring. i bet you never get bored in the city!

You can't get bored here, there's always something going on even if it's something completely simple and random :lmao: I know Poughkeepsie, though! It's not that far from here, like 2 and a half hours-ish? I think?

Have you looked into Licensed Clinical Social Worker? It's a masters degree, I believe there are several different levels of qualifications. Alot of people do psych for undergrad, then the clinical social work as a masters. I know with that degree you can be a therapist, and I'm sure many other things. Something to look into if you decide to major in psych. I'm sorry I don't know too much about it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter