TGIF: The College Years

And yes, I live on campus. I actually live in house on campus. We have a thing called "Theme Houses" that you come up with a theme, and hold events throughout the year that combines with your theme. I'm in the World Music Appreciation House with my friends, and we live in a house combined with Theatre House. :)

That sounds like so much fun! What kinds of events do you guys hold throughout the year??

I live home and commute each day. I get a ride and it takes no more than teh minutes, no biggie.

Was today the first day of classes for a lot of you?

Wow, what do you guys think of Heath Ledger's death?

I'm so shocked. Usually I'm just kind of "whatever" when celebs pass away, but I was a fan of Heath's ever since 10 Things I Hate About You. He and Michelle Williams lived right here in Brooklyn and we ran into them a few times at random restaurants in DUMBO. He was always a really nice guy and I can't believe he's gone. Everyone was so psyched about him playing the Joker in Batman so I wonder what will happen with that. I know that it's in post-production but no one knows if he finished doing his voice overs. It's all so sad. :sad2:

I'm so shocked. Usually I'm just kind of "whatever" when celebs pass away, but I was a fan of Heath's ever since 10 Things I Hate About You. He and Michelle Williams lived right here in Brooklyn and we ran into them a few times at random restaurants in DUMBO. He was always a really nice guy and I can't believe he's gone. Everyone was so psyched about him playing the Joker in Batman so I wonder what will happen with that. I know that it's in post-production but no one knows if he finished doing his voice overs. It's all so sad. :sad2:
:( Usually I'm the same as you, not shocked when celebrities die. But...He was so under the radar it seemed. I would never guess he'd die from a drug overdose.

:( Usually I'm the same as you, not shocked when celebrities die. But...He was so under the radar it seemed. I would never guess he'd die from a drug overdose.

I know, I never would have expected it. They're still not sure if it was an OD but they're suspecting it was an accidental overdose of sleeping pills :guilty:

Here's my schedule:

Monday:
Intro to Literature: 1-1:52
Learning & Behavior: 3-4:52

Tuesday:
Human Relations: 10-10:52
Intro to Experimental Psych.: 1-1:52
Marriage & Family: 2-3:52

Wednesday:
Learning & Behavior: 3-3:52

Thursday:
Human Relations: 9-10:52
Intro to Experimental Psych.: 12-1:52
Marriage & Family: 2-2:52

Friday:

My schedule!

Monday:
11-11:50- Intro to Instructional Media
2-3:20- Memory and Memoir
3:30-4:50- Bowling

Tuesday- I HATE TUESDAYS!
9-10:50- Earth Science Lab
11-12:20- Cultural Narratives
12:30-1:50- Earth Science
2-3:20- Healthful Methods for Elementary Classroom
5:30-6:50- Fundamentals of Art

Wednesday
2-3:20- Memory and Memoir
3:30-4:50- Bowling
5-6:20- Intro to Language Arts

Thursday
11-12:20- Cultural Narratives
12:30-1:50- Earth Science
2-3:20- Healthful Methods for Elementary Classroom

Friday

By the way, I was SO shocked to hear about Heath Ledger... You hear about people like Britney Spears (with her pre-written obituary and all--which by the way, is a common journalism practice), but when it's someone like him that you don't hear anything about, much less anything BAD about, it's so shocking. His little girl is so precious...

By the way, I was SO shocked to hear about Heath Ledger... You hear about people like Britney Spears (with her pre-written obituary and all--which by the way, is a common journalism practice), but when it's someone like him that you don't hear anything about, much less anything BAD about, it's so shocking. His little girl is so precious...

Exactly, I would have never expected it. It's horrible :sad2:

Here's my schedule:

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

No bad! You have all later classes so you get to SLEEP which is always very nice!

Here's my schedule:

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:
Wow, you're schedule sounds great.

I was totally shocked by Heath Ledgers death.
I never actually feel genuinely upset when celebs die, but this one is REALLY shocking and upsetting :sad1:
He career was really looking promising!! So sad!!

Sidenote: withay--your tuesday schedule is INSANE!!! :scared1: 9-7!!!!!!!

It's shameless plug time :rolleyes1

Come subscribe to my pre-trip report for our summer '09 trip! I have some fun mini-reports in there that I think you guys will like, just my adventures around the city with family and friends. Tonight I'm adding pictures from bringing my little cousin up to NBC to take pictures on the sets and a lot of them are pretty funny. So come on over, leave some comments... ;) :lmao:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1692088

OK, shameless plug over. Promise! :goodvibes

^ ill check it out in a bit.. a bit busy atm

and dear god.. this threads already at 7 pages haha... and heres my schedule for fun:

Monday:
8:30 - 9:30 : Chemistry 1
9:30 - 10:20 : Psychology 1
10:30 - 11:30 : Chemistry 108
11:30 - 12:30 : Calculus 1

Tuesday:
1:00 - 2:15 : Biology 2
2:30 - 4:20 : Biology 2 lab

Wed:
2:30 - 5:30 : Chemistry 1 lab

Thurs:
10:00 - 11:15 : Calculus 1
1:00 - 2:15 : Biology 2

Friday:

Yes! Let's keep it going so we have one of those really long clique threads and we'll change the name of it to something cute and Disney-ish :thumbsup2 :lmao:

you read my mind exactly! i've always wanted to be a part of one of those! i mean i kind of feel like i already am. people don't understand i feel like i have friends on here! haha! it's such a relief from school to come on here and just chit chat.

Hey everyone,
I just thought I would join in on this thread because I have never found a college thread that was good before because I'm not doing the college program. It seems like there are some really awesome people on this thread that I have things in common with so thats awesome. I am a elementary education major:teacher: in Iowa. I am 19 and I have a very varied taste in music from rock like linkin park and papa roach to musicals and josh groban. It would be cool to get to know all of you here on this thread. (Sorry if I wrote too much)
p.s. that is so terrible about heath ledger, he was one of my favorite actors and I was just so shocked when I heard about him.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter