That "once in a lifetime" trip! :D

Aww I can't really help you out but I just wanted to echo everyone else is saying what a lovely thing this is to do! I hope it's an amazing trip for you (as if it wouldn't be!).

The website was working OK for me a while ago so it all seems to be up and running now. Though it might be worth waiting until this special offer expires on the 31st August if it doesn't extend to when you're going? I'm sure they'll think up something for Feb, esp. if it's quiet!

Aww I can't really help you out but I just wanted to echo everyone else is saying what a lovely thing this is to do! I hope it's an amazing trip for you (as if it wouldn't be!).

The website was working OK for me a while ago so it all seems to be up and running now. Though it might be worth waiting until this special offer expires on the 31st August if it doesn't extend to when you're going? I'm sure they'll think up something for Feb, esp. if it's quiet!

Don't worry I'm not planning on actually booking it yet, just looking for some guide prices to work into my budget. Anything that I then save against them is simply more into the "spends" pot. :)

Didn't know that the current offers ended on 32st August, so thanks - that's good to know. Will be interested to see what offer they come up with.

I'm still getting SQL errors on the DLRP website whenever I try to select dates and have tried at home and at work. Not sure what's up with it...

I've just been reading up and notice that the DLH is not included in the current offer. Is it normally excluded from the special offers, or just during the summer season?

I have got my heart set on it, but if there's a 30% (or similar) offer on at the other hotels then I don't know whether I could justify the MASSIVE price difference - the gap is big enough at normal prices, but an extra 30% would make it insane.

The DLH is included in special offers but it possibly wasnt for certain dates - Im sure Patsy got DLH with 3% off for end Aug.
They seem to have the offers on for certain hotels but not others but these might differ.

The DLP site can be tempremental - sometimes its better to phone to get a quote and often playing around with dates can give better discounts (even by one day as the price goes by your date of arrival)

When you do come to book if you book by phone you only pay a deposit but if you book online you pay it all upfront

^ Thanks, very useful to know!

Nothing definite yet, but we may have somebody else coming along on this trip with us as I'm planning to ask my half sister (13) to come along too. :D

If she does want to then it will probably mean downgrading from the DLH as it may prove too costly, or cutting the trip shorter, but it will make it an even more magical experience for me to be able to spend time with them both!! :cutie:

(I won't go into details here, not the place etc. but I only got back in touch with my DSis13 this year after more than 4 years, so getting to spend some time with her at DLRP would be amazing!!)

awww thats so lovely. personally i would prefer to downgrade hotel than to cut my trip short.

awww thats so lovely. personally i would prefer to downgrade hotel than to cut my trip short.

I agree, I'd much rather stay for the whole week in another hotel. Guess it will all depend on what offers I can get etc. ;)

Rather than actually asking my sister, I've just emailed her Mum to suggest the possibility and get her permission before going any further. If her Mum's happy then I'm going to try and organise it as a surprise for her too. :idea:

I know that Sarah (Dsis13) and Abi (Dsis5 - nearly 6) would both absolutely love DLRP as they're both absolutely Disney mad, so I'm really hoping that I can pull it off as a surprise for both of them. :banana:

I agree, I'd much rather stay for the whole week in another hotel. Guess it will all depend on what offers I can get etc. ;)

Rather than actually asking my sister, I've just emailed her Mum to suggest the possibility and get her permission before going any further. If her Mum's happy then I'm going to try and organise it as a surprise for her too. :idea:

I know that Sarah (Dsis13) and Abi (Dsis5 - nearly 6) would both absolutely love DLRP as they're both absolutely Disney mad, so I'm really hoping that I can pull it off as a surprise for both of them. :banana:

i am loving this trip already lol.

i think the magic is where you make it. kids especially would be as happy in any disney hotel just as long as they are in disney. i got a good deal this year for feb so hopefully they will have more offers out next year.

i am loving this trip already lol.

i think the magic is where you make it. kids especially would be as happy in any disney hotel just as long as they are in disney. i got a good deal this year for feb so hopefully they will have more offers out next year.

I completely agree that the magic is what you make it - just being at Disney will be a truely magical experience but it's the quality time that you get to spend with your favourite people that makes it unforgettable.

I only wish that I didn't have to wait months to go!!!

Just waiting on Dsis13's Mum to get back to me at the moment before I can go any further as it's difficult to make plans without knowing how many will be going. I admit I had a moment of weakness today though and bought a Princess dress for Abi :rolleyes: princess:

Ooh, somebody should have warned me how dangerous it is to watch Disney video's on Youtube!! :eek::rotfl:

I decided to have a look and have just spent the past half hour watching loads of video's of parents surprising their kids with trips to WDW and DLRP and spent most of that half hour either laughing or crying along with the families! They are soo sweet, I can't wait to break the news myself now just for the reactions. :banana:

The more thought I give to it, the more I decide that I really want the DLH whatever it ends up costing...even with 4 of us (hopefully) I'm determined that we're going to stay there somehow, after all it's only money lol.

i know lol those videos should be banned.

what dress did you get abi. i bet she is gonna love it.

It was the sleeping beauty dress. princess: Now I've just got to restrain myself from giving it to her until we go. :laughing:

What a thoughtful person you are!! You are going to have a fab time x

No real updates at the moment I'm afraid, as I'm still stalling to hear back from Sarah's Mum who's been away for a few days.

I did pick up a few Disney goodies in the local "Home Bargains" shop on Friday though ready to take with us and also grabbed a DLRP brochure from a local travel agent so that I can sit and drool over it when I can't get to a computer! :rotfl:

I've just been giving a bit of thought to sleeping arrangements, and have possibly hit a bit of a stumbling block. :(

Sarah isn't related to and currently doesn't know my Mum or Abi, so it would be unfair to expect her to share a bed with either of them. I was planning on bringing a ready bed for Abi, meaning that we would need three seperate beds of some kind (singles, doubles, bunks, sofa bed or whatever) - is this possible at the DLH or any of the other hotels even?

Do all of the rooms at DLH come with either 1 or 2 double beds? How about the suites? What sort of costs are involved for the suites?

I know that it's possible at the DCR but that would mean me driving, which isn't ideal.

All the rooms at the Cheyenne have 1 double and a bunkbed.

A few rooms at Newport bay have this as well but you are not guaranteed getting this. We were lucky enough to get one a few weeks ago but had taken a blowup air bed and sleeping bag so my DS and DD didnt have to share.

Could Sarah not sleep on one of these and Abi and her Mum share?

Another option is the Explorers hotel which has a double and 2 singles in each room and you can get a small room connected to them with a set of bunks

All the rooms at the Cheyenne have 1 double and a bunkbed.

A few rooms at Newport bay have this as well but you are not guaranteed getting this. We were lucky enough to get one a few weeks ago but had taken a blowup air bed and sleeping bag so my DS and DD didnt have to share.

Could Sarah not sleep on one of these and Abi and her Mum share?

Another option is the Explorers hotel which has a double and 2 singles in each room and you can get a small room connected to them with a set of bunks

Thanks - amazingly helpful as ever. :thumbsup2

I don't know why I didn't think of the obvious solution - either me or Sarah on the blow up bed instead of Abi and get Abi to share the double with my Mum - sorted :banana:

Thanks again, at least that's put my mind at rest for now. :)

Stage 2 is now under way, with Passport applications having been sent in for both my Mum and Abi. :D (both me and Sarah have current passports, but Abi has never had one and my Mum's expires in June!)

Obviously this means that I've had to tell my Mum about the plans and she's absolutely over the moon!! :woohoo::yay:

I'm glad that neither Abi nor Sarah needs to find out yet though, as I'm really hoping to keep it from them until the morning that we leave... :rolleyes1

It's all starting to come together now and I'm so excited, I just can't wait to get there! :banana:

Yay!! Now you will have someone else to share your excitement with before you burst!! :cool1:

Exactly!! :rotfl:

I've also been giving a bit of thought to food whilst we're there, and I'm thinking that the buffets are the way to go for us in the evenings. Generally speaking, I eat like a horse as does Sarah but my Mum and Abi don't have massive appetites - so it will probably balance out the cost of the meal between us. ;) We also all like different things, so it will be nice to have a good mixed selection to choose from.

None of us are really breakfast people and are generally satisfied with a drink and possibly a piece of toast to start the day, but as it's included I'm sure we'll all make an effort to try a bit of most things, just to say that we have lol. I'm not really into the idea of making up lunch from the breakfast table as that just seems incredibly cheeky to me, but I reckon we'll probably end up taking a pain au chocolat or something with us each day to munch on later in the morning - nothing that wouldn't be considered breakfast though just to eat a bit later, to keep hunger at bay until we look for lunch. :thumbsup2

For lunch I'd guess that we'll just be grabbing a sandwich or something if we're hungry, or maybe a burger from one of the counter service places - nothing more than that, as I personally don't normally eat much during the day and I know that the others are the same.

I'm thinking of buying some Disney shares before we go, so we should be able to take advantage of the Shareholder club perks too, including Salon Mickey which will be handy for a morning snack and cuppa if we fancy it after doing EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter