That "once in a lifetime" trip! :D

Its really coming together now. Glad your Mum is excited about it as well

If you do stay at DLH you could always do what we did and go in for EMH and then back to the hotel for a late breakfast - Im not a breakfast person either but its amazing how a few rides can really build up an appetite. You can do this if you stay at other hotels as well but its obviously further to go back. This way you probably wouldnt need lunch

Its really coming together now. Glad your Mum is excited about it as well

If you do stay at DLH you could always do what we did and go in for EMH and then back to the hotel for a late breakfast - Im not a breakfast person either but its amazing how a few rides can really build up an appetite. You can do this if you stay at other hotels as well but its obviously further to go back. This way you probably wouldnt need lunch

That's really a very good idea going for a late breakfast, thanks! :thumbsup2

I'm still thinking of 4/5 nights so we could potentially do a couple of late breakfasts, and a couple of earlier breakfasts with a stop off at Salon Mickey for "elevenses" if we fancy anything. :)

For evening entertainment (not that I think we'll need much, I can see us all being in bed for 9 lol) I was thinking probably spend a couple of hours one or two evening in one of the bars, maybe pop into the cinema at the village another night and then more than likely spend the rest of the time just chilling in the hotel room. I was planning on bringing a couple of board games with us and probably picking up some drinks (soft and alcoholic) from the local shop (the station? or maybe even the supermarket) so that we can just kick back and relax over monopoly :rotfl:

I've also been giving a bit of thought to food whilst we're there, and I'm thinking that the buffets are the way to go for us in the evenings. Generally speaking, I eat like a horse as does Sarah but my Mum and Abi don't have massive appetites - so it will probably balance out the cost of the meal between us. ;) We also all like different things, so it will be nice to have a good mixed selection to choose from.

I think that most of my planning has revolved around the food!! We're also planning on going for buffets, plus The Steakhouse and Auberge for the princesses.

I'm thinking of buying some Disney shares before we go, so we should be able to take advantage of the Shareholder club perks too, including Salon Mickey which will be handy for a morning snack and cuppa if we fancy it after doing EMH.

As I was reading your post I was thinking you should join so that you can go to Salon Mickey !! :rotfl:

sounds like its all starting to come together. i am always wrecked in the evenings lol. i stay in the park till closing which is 7 when i go and then look around the shops or grab a snack.

I think that most of my planning has revolved around the food!! We're also planning on going for buffets, plus The Steakhouse and Auberge for the princesses.

I'd also like to fit in The Steakhouse (or another nice table service restaurant that does decent steak) maybe our last evening - as I do like a good steak! :thumbsup2

As I was reading your post I was thinking you should join so that you can go to Salon Mickey !! :rotfl:

Great minds eh! ;):rotfl:

sounds like its all starting to come together. i am always wrecked in the evenings lol. i stay in the park till closing which is 7 when i go and then look around the shops or grab a snack.

I'm sure we'll be the same to be honest, so may be skipping the cinema and just spending another evening flaking out in the room. :goodvibes

I'm sure we'll be the same to be honest, so may be skipping the cinema and just spending another evening flaking out in the room. :goodvibes

There is very little shown at the cinema in French anyhow - mostly the films are in French

Woohoo!!!

Just heard back from Sarah's Mum and she's happy for us to take Sarah with us :yay::yay::yay:

I'm absolutely over the moon now that I know we can all be together, and I can really start making plans and organising things. Her Mum is also happy to help me out with the planning at their end, meaning that I should be able to keep it from Sarah until much nearer the time. I'm thinking that I'll probably tell her at least a couple of weeks before we go though as, being your typical teenager, she'll want to make full use of the opportunity to shop for new outfits to take with her :rotfl:

Right, now I'm off to make some more plans...think I need to give my credit card to somebody for safekeeping :p lol

Hi Marc

just been reading through your posts , i think youre as excited as i am about going to disney lol

i so wish i was going right now lolol

your planning seems fab

cant wait to read more about your planned trip

take care

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi Marc,

Fantastic news about your trip. Think you should definately let the cat out of the bag nearer the time...... we decided not to tell our 2 girls and keep it a surprise but we were getting so excited with the planning etc felt really mean that they were not getting the chance to be excited too!!! So ended up telling them about 3 weeks before!! Good timing too, just long enough for them to shop and plan but not too long so we didn't get the ' are we there yet ', ' can't we go tomorrow ' questions!!!

Hope it all works out brilliantly for you. :dance3:

Thanks guys!! :thumbsup2

I haven't decided when to tell Sarah yet, but I reckon your idea of three weeks is about right - as you say enough time to go shopping without getting too impatient.

All being well Abi still won't find out until we're on the way to the airport, as she's still young enough not to be interested in going shopping her constant "can we go yet" would be unbearable even for a couple of days :rotfl:

Hi Marc

Just catching up with this thread - what a lovely guy you are :goodvibes

I know it's probably out of the window now reading some of this thread but I was the 'one' who got 30% off the DLH for this weekend coming :goodvibes:cool1: I sadly missed out on 40% off - which actually 10% doesn't sound too much but we are taking 2 rooms (my parents are coming) so actually it was around £400 we lost out on :eek: Still, we got 30% off :thumbsup2

Hope you have fun planning - sounds like you are ;):thumbsup2

Ooh, it's great to know that such offers are available at DLH, thanks. :thumbsup2

The idea of staying at the DLH is still very much alive, however a lot of it does come down to pricing when the next lot of special offers are released - especially now there will be four of us. If I can get a decent deal on the DLH then I'll definitely go for it, if not then I'll have to look at other options...

I'm having great fun planning it all, just can't wait until everythings booked and I have the confirmation in front of me...then I'll get REALLY escited :yay::rotfl:

Not a lot of actual planning has happened today I'm afraid, although I did nip into the Disney Store earlier and bought a set of Minnie ears for Abi and a Pooh t-shirt for Sarah. :thumbsup2

Really think somebody needs to take my credit card off me :rotfl: I couldn't resist though, the ears are soo cute :p

A trip to the Disney Store definitely counts as planning!!

The ears are great aren't they?!! DD has them too - check out my pre-trip report for a photo!::MinnieMo

A trip to the Disney Store definitely counts as planning!!

The ears are great aren't they?!! DD has them too - check out my pre-trip report for a photo!::MinnieMo

Aww, your DD looks soo cute!! princess:

That reminds me, I really need to get some pics up of the cast of our trip. :)

Again today not much has really happened in terms of planning, as there's not really a huge amount more that I can do until the exact dates are sorted and booked... I have spend yet more time reading other TR's though and just generally getting excited! How i'm going to last until February I really don't know. :laughing:

I'll go see if I can sort some photo's. :thumbsup2

Okay, here goes....

Abi age 5 (will be 6 when we travel)

9urkma.jpg

Sarah age 13

2s1vwr6.jpg

I haven't got any pictures to hand of me and my Mum, but it's the 2 above that are important as they're the ones this trip is all about! :thumbsup2 When I find some of us I'll stick them up too... (just an advanced warning, mine's not a pretty sight :p)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter