The 2004 Loews Hotels Discounts Watch Thread

Originally posted by GoofyDad1
Considering staying at the Royal Pacific the last week of Sept. I was wondering what the traffic is like in the morning traveling from Univeral to WDW in the morning. We try to get to the WDW parks just as they open. So how far is the trip, how many miles, and how busy is the traffic in the AM?

Thanks!

Haven't traveled in the morning, but we drove from USF to WDW in the evening rush hour and I-4 is deadlocked during that time. You might want to avoid I-4 in case there is morning rush hours traffic delays.

From Universal, we take Turkey Lake Road to Sand Lake Road to Apopka Vineland Road and enter WDW from Hotel Plaza Blvd. (at Downtown Disney). Someone else might know a better route, but this route was easy for us and the traffic wasn't that bad. I think it took us about 15 - 20 minutes this way. My mapping program says this route is 10 miles from Universal to Downtown disney.

We are from the UK can we still get an ent card?
We plan on staying in july 2005 for 2 nights when will be the best time to call to get the best rate? and do you call direct or through an agent?
I was going to book as part of the package with the flights bit was quoted £95 per adult for 2 nights which looking at some of the prices seen on here is expensive as there would be 4 adults inthe room and one child on a rollaway.
Any help appreciated.

I'm from Australia and I'm looking to book for January 2005. Which Entertainment book do I need to get HRH discount. Does it have to be one from the Orlando area?

Won't have any use for the book after my trip but would love to get the discounts for Orlando, any suggestions?

Originally posted by dylcon
Called 1-888-273-1311 for a Kid's Suite at the HRH May 5th-9th...was told there were no discounts available for those dates (tried AP, AAA, Ent, and Fl resident).

Gave me a rate of $429.

After hanging up, immediately called the Loew's main ressie line (800-235-6397) and was quoted $386 for same accomodations.

Go figure....

:hyper: :crazy:

I called 1882731311 today - and got no answer twice.

Then at Loews, All properties for mid-November - $219, Full Breakfast Incl., Tried AAA rate, pretty much the same. For us - we would need two rooms - and in US --> Canadian $ we would pay close to $600 per night. Not happening!

cjeong,

You can get the entertainment book for any area and use the hotel discounts. Go to www.entertainment.com. But since your from Australia, there won't be a "home" book. You may want to get the Orlando book and possibly use other discounts while you're there.

Thanks DisneyDW. There is a Entertainment Book in Australia. Do you know whether they will accept this?

You might want to call the toll-free ent. number to double-check, but we used our Michigan Entertainment Book card for hotel discounts in Hawaii, and have purchased the ent. books for other cities and have given them to other tourists or to nice staff when we left. If you order them around May, they are 1/2 price, so the cost isn't too bad.

I've ALWAYS LOVED this board! This thread is just the ticket I need to secure a room at the PBH for my DF & DMIL! We always stay in a Portofino Villa Suite, but they just want deluxe bay view rooms. Both qualify for the AP, Fla Resident and Ent/Fan Club rates! Which ever one is the lowest! Also, all are PLAT LOEWS members, which should help them receive an upgrade to a suite (small one), if available. Is this correct? I'm PLAT too...but have never used the upgrade option. I'm too much into PLANNING all the details, and have to have the TYPE of accomodation secure before arrival!! (LOL). Keep up the great posts, and I'll be sure to post any helpful information I receive.

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

I just called and got Royal Pacific for 159.20 , AAA rate for Feb 4 and 5!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I was going to wait for the ent rate to come out but with all the talk about maybe not being able to get it, I went with a sure thing!:Pinkbounc :bounce: By the way, she said to call for the ent. rate in the middle of next month! I will try this too!!! I am sooo happy !!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Originally posted by dreamflight99
Also, all are PLAT LOEWS members, which should help them receive an upgrade to a suite (small one), if available. Is this correct? I'm PLAT too...but have never used the upgrade option. I'm too much into PLANNING all the details, and have to have the TYPE of accomodation secure before arrival!! (LOL).

I'm Plat and I'm not sure if its that good of a deal. If you call and ask for quotes they give you one for Plat which is rack rate so they can give you the suite upgrade. It is still cheaper to go with the discounts you mentioned and get a standard room. BTW do not include your Loews 1st number when asking for rates and availability on the website.

Has anyone gotten anywhere with Ent rates for RPR in March 2005? I have checked several times and am getting nowhere. Think its too soon? Really will be disappointed if there isn't one offered for our dates. Does anyone know of another thread I need to be watching or is this the one? :scratchin

When I called on the 1st I was basically told that there would be no discounted rates at all since March/April is peak season. I don't totally believe this so I keep checking now and then. There are a couple of of different threads on this - so I just subscribe to all of them.

I called today and only AAA rates are available for Feb 4-6. He told me to call after Jan. for ent. rates. I am still going to call every week anyways to check. Maybe if enough people call their 1 800 number, they would see that it is costing them more for the calls from everyone than for the room discounts. Maybe they would get smart and put those ent. rates in their computer. Sorry just venting a little! :crazy:

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
I'm Plat and I'm not sure if its that good of a deal. If you call and ask for quotes they give you one for Plat which is rack rate so they can give you the suite upgrade. It is still cheaper to go with the discounts you mentioned and get a standard room. BTW do not include your Loews 1st number when asking for rates and availability on the website.
I've heard about this...and am going to follow your advice. I have also heard to obtain the best discounted rate, and ASK for the upgrade (which is supposedly comped for Plat...correct?) at the front desk upon check-in. Is this a good idea? Will they receive an upgrade? I always reserve the room I want, so I do not have to stress about where or what I'll receive. Of course, it's more costly...but for me, it's the best way to go. I reserve everything a year in advance! (LOL). :rolleyes: Now...if I could just PAY for all of it a YEAR in advance...it would be FABULOUS! :rotfl:

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Did anyone get a discounted rate for August 2005, I just called and they said entertainment rate and fan club were not out yet for that time. :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter