The 2004 Loews Hotels Discounts Watch Thread

Thank you for answering my questions. This is my first trip to Universal & my first time to Sea World since the 70's. I'm starting to pick up the code.

We have a APH of $119 a night for Royal Pacific resort 4/27-5/2. Thanks to this board, I bought the "second year free" annual pass!

Hi All,

I just booked our December trip and reserved 3 nites at the Royal Pacific. We were quoted an AP rate of $132/nite for standard view room. To save money, we will purchase only 1 Annual Pass and then regular passes for the other tickets. You only need 1 AP. So I'm spending an extra $70 on the AP to save about $160 on the room. Not too bad. Plus, I will take advantage of the 12 month AP purchase program.

Thanks everyone.

MAKMOM41:

Call LOWES direct reservations (not Universal) and ask if there are Entertainment Book Rates for your travel period.
I had the $209 a nite w/2 free park passes first. (for June 7-11) Called later to inquire about the ENT rates (from seeing it on a thread) and got $144 a nite. Forget the free passes. The five day are only $95. I still saved money over the span of 4 nites.
If you can get the rates go to the Entertainment Book site and buy a book for $10-15 dollars. You do not need the card until you check in. Good Luck.

Hard Rock in 2003
Royal Pacific in 2004

Originally posted by DNSDisney
just wanted to let anyone know that might be interested, US resorts do give travel industry discounts, was quoted 125. for std view and 149. for water view for first week of june at RP.

Thank you for posting this. I just booked HRH on the Universal travel agents page for 10.13- $124 a night pool view! I am very excited to try it.

Hckynut56: Thank you for the tip on calling Lowes not Universal. The only # I could find for Lowes was 1-800-23 lowes & when I called it was disconnected.

I did order the Entertainment book last night....but was not sure how to use it....for room rates.

Originally posted by MAKMOM41
Hckynut56: Thank you for the tip on calling Lowes not Universal. The only # I could find for Lowes was 1-800-23 lowes & when I called it was disconnected.

I did order the Entertainment book last night....but was not sure how to use it....for room rates.

MAKMOM,
The Loews direct # is 1-800-23 LOEWS (1-800-235-6397), easy mistake to make though....I find myself having to say the letters out loud to keep them straight. Hckynut's right...give them a call & see what rate they can find for you. As far as using the Entertainment book.....all you have to do is ask for the rate when inquiring about rooms, if they have it available (the block of rooms they allow could be filled or not released at the time you inquire) they'll give you a quote & all you'll need when you check in will be the plastic Entertainment card you get with the book. Don't be disappointed if they can't offer you an Entertainment rate the first time you call though....room availability changes often & you should keep calling to check for better rates. I'm booked 6/6 - 6/9 @ RPR with the Entertainment rate of $144. Good luck & hope you get a great rate!

I would like to add something here.
CALL BACK LATER, again and again if it takes it and recheck your dates.

yesterday 930am i called they had no rooms for my discount available then i tried back at 11:30am the same morning and they did!!

So sometimes persistence pays off.:teeth:

Thanks for the correct # & advise.... I could use some more. We have a 4 night package for June. I need to add 2 more nights at another hotel. I am shopping Universal for the front of line access. Is it really worth it? Last night I called & could get 1 night at RP for 161 + tax entetainment rate,or the 2 nights at HRH for 187 + tax fan card rate,they are holding them until 4:00 today. Do you get the front of the line access the day you check in & check out? I found a link on MouseSavers.com for the pay 2 play 5 for $81.00 + tax. I'm getting close to going over my budget.

Originally posted by MAKMOM41
Thanks for the correct # & advise.... I could use some more. We have a 4 night package for June. I need to add 2 more nights at another hotel. I am shopping Universal for the front of line access. Is it really worth it? Last night I called & could get 1 night at RP for 161 + tax entetainment rate,or the 2 nights at HRH for 187 + tax fan card rate,they are holding them until 4:00 today. Do you get the front of the line access the day you check in & check out? I found a link on MouseSavers.com for the pay 2 play 5 for $81.00 + tax. I'm getting close to going over my budget.
YES, FOTL is worth it and YES you get FOTL the entire day you check in and the entire day you check out.

Just rang today and got Entertainment Rate on RPR 10/21 to 10/24 for $144 for 3 nights, but for some reason night of 10/22 was $168 due to a 'rate change'. Wonder if it's worth calling back in a week or so to see if this night is available at the $144 also? I'll be ringing back anyway to apply my Loews First membership number - I have just registered (as suggested by the lady on the telephone - to get my wine and nuts).

I had to pay one night up front on my credit card - is this correct? as some posters have mentioned not being charged anything until 5 days before.

Originally posted by pigby
Just rang today and got Entertainment Rate on RPR 10/21 to 10/24 for $144 for 3 nights, but for some reason night of 10/22 was $168 due to a 'rate change'. Wonder if it's worth calling back in a week or so to see if this night is available at the $144 also?

They charge more for Friday and Saturday nights now with the Entertainment discount. Are you sure the night of the 23rd is not $168 as well? I would call and double check.

Pigby,

Just wanted to warn you before you get to the resort that I was told by Loews rep (at the time of my booking) that I wouldn't receive the Loews First gift because my rate was an ENT rate & therefore didn't qualify. Other rates (including AAA) would qualify to get the gift but he specifically said ENT rates don't. Having said that, I would still call back & give them your Loews First number. I am just happy with my $144 rate, but will still politely inquire about Loews First gift when I check in. If I get it....great! If not, that's ok too! I know some people on the boards have reported receiving it with an ENT rate & some have said they weren't able to, so it sounds like it might just depend on the desk person at check-in.

Then again, if your 10/22 night isn't a discount, you should qualify for the gift. Just didn't want you to be disappointed to start your trip off with.:D

We are just back from the PBH, and I had asked about our Loews First welcome gift. The lady at the front desk said she needed to check my rate first and said we weren't entitled to it since we booked with a discount (hotelkingdom.com). She said that came right from Loews. I was OK with that, but then she had a gift sent to us anyway for "my birthday" instead because she said that was her only way around it. She told me not to tell anyone her secret. Obviously, she didn't know I'm addicted to the DISboards, and I'm the worst possible person to tell a Universal secret to.

Maybe you'll have better luck! It seems that a lot depends on who checks you in.

Rescue Ranger

You were right - rang back today and the Friday and Saturday nights are at $168. I asked if I were to change my dates to Sunday for 4 nights would the Entertainment rate be available but was told that it wasn't. I presumed that a few folks had booked from Sunday to take in Halloween the Sunday afterwards - so I have decided to leave the booking as it is - still a good rate.

The lady took a note of my Loews First membership number over the phone, if I get anything it will be a plus, but won't be the end of the world if I don't.

Thanks again.

Yesterday, I was told there were only club level rooms at PBR with discounts (no rooms with at HRH, RPH) - $295 club level (AAA).

Having never stayed anywhere but WDW (but now with a coaster-loving teen), I stayed the course and tried again today online. This time I was able to get RPH $164 (FAN) per night; check-in Fri 6/25, check-out Sun 6/27. (AAA $175, and ENT $229 were also available.

Just wanted to help out, since I didn't even consider trying to stay there until I read these threads.

Called the 1800-LOEWS # as suggested. The csr was very nice and checked several rates for me:

Aug 19, 20 & 21, 2004

AAA rate @ PBR $199 @ HRH $175.20 & @ RP $156.75 water view or $141.75 standard view.

Ent. Book rate not available (Sold out, she said)

Annual Pass @ RP is $146. (water view) or $132. (standard view)

Ent. Book rate was available the following week. The price at RP on a weekday is $119, on a weekend night it is $152. (Big jump!)

Told her I also was eligible for AARP and had a Loew's card, but neither seemed to offer any better pricing.

How many people in a room were your rates for? Those rates sound pretty good to me compared to what we are getting for mid July.:rolleyes:

Which phone no# is it that you call to make ressies without a deposit of one nights stay credited to you cc?

I am thinking of uping our room from std to concierge without anyone here knowing, and figured that is the only way i can do it and not let my hubby know.

Thanks,
Sharon:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter