The Angry Thread

I'm angry because my beautiful daughter's mental condition makes daily life a struggle for her.:sad1:

I can only imagine what this must be like for you. As a parent, we wish the world for our children. We desire everything to be perfect. We wish to lead them through life, holding their fragile hands, not allowing harm or adversity to touch them. Despite our most sincere efforts, only God is the author of this story. As parents, we must do what we are able to protect them, and accept the things we cannot control as fate; a higher plan that may not make sense in the present. It is through adversity that we grow and become the shaped human being that then shapes the future. I wouldn't change my life for anything. I have suffered. Battled cancer and other things I won't mention. Those are the things I am now most thankful for, because without them I wouldn't be a shell of who I am now. I have a cousin, who mentally can't function in the "real world" on her own. She faces challenges everyday. Things most others take for granted. The one thing I most covet in her life, however, is the child-like innocence that makes her a beautiful soul! Everything is all wonder and magic. I think we could all learn a lesson from that.

Oh crud. This is the angry thread, isn't it? sorry :offtopic:

I am angry because my office mates feet stink and she insists on taking off her shoes everyday and I am too chicken to say anything ( I don't want to hurt her feelings) ;)

I am angry because my office mates feet stink and she insists on taking off her shoes everyday and I am too chicken to say anything ( I don't want to hurt her feelings) ;)

LOL the heck with that, tell her:rotfl2: I couldnt handle that put a stick up on her desk maybe she will get the message.

Tung Po is just being nice. Situations like this call for extreme measures. You can try fighting her with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. Here's what I recommend.

4 white castles, extra extra onions
6 pack, gennessee cream ale
1 small bowl, french onion soup
1 pack of raisins
1 medium speed fan

Take ingredients, mix well. eat. take a good night's sleep. Have a garlic bagel for breakfast. In the morning set up a perimeter around the offenders desk, activate fan. Fire away.

I dont live in TX but I am pretty sure they have these things called "body shops" that can erase those pesky little dings :thumbsup2
AND... if you take them cookies they always will remember you

Yep, you're right, we do have them thangs called body shops here. We just spent a chunk of change getting dh's baby fixed up (after a purse thief broke out a window and scraped up the sides of his car--AND--I got rear-ended in it and the other person skipped out on the insurance).

God willing, I'm staying out of the body shop for awhile. But dh's baby is back up to par, and I found out that "paintless dent repair" might be enough to fix my van's boo-boos. I'd still rather pay for FW campground reservations than dent repairs, though!

Sue in Texas
...so are you my cookie napper? I do make some purdy good cookies! :rotfl:

I think the unemployment rate in Flint is still over 26% :lmao:

Man, I feel for that area. It's been a lot of years since "Roger & Me," and I'll never forget the line about "Rabbits for Sale - Pets or Food." Sheesh, it's been more than 25 years since the bad times we saw there.

I didn't feel a bit of sadness over Roger Smith's demise the other day.

Sue in Texas
...General Motors Institute, class of '84...

Man, I feel for that area. It's been a lot of years since "Roger & Me," and I'll never forget the line about "Rabbits for Sale - Pets or Food." Sheesh, it's been more than 25 years since the bad times we saw there.

I didn't feel a bit of sadness over Roger Smith's demise the other day.

Sue in Texas
...General Motors Institute, class of '84...

My youngest son competes in robotics at the high school level and they meet at Kettering (the new name for GMI) sevral times a year, its a tough town no doubt about it but I dont think the blame rests at GM's feet for that. According to what I read last year GM still has more GM employees working in Flint than any other US city.

Scott

I'm angry that I waited until now to read the angry thread!

:grouphug: to those who need it and thank you to those who made me laugh (because I needed it!). :flower3:

Tung Po is just being nice. Situations like this call for extreme measures. You can try fighting her with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. Here's what I recommend.

1 pack of raisins
1 medium speed fan

Take ingredients, mix well. eat. take a good night's sleep. Have a garlic bagel for breakfast. In the morning set up a perimeter around the offenders desk, activate fan. Fire away.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:
Mmmmm' sounds like you planned my dinner. :goodvibes

1 pack of raisins
1 medium speed fan

Sounds like you can offer advice from experience ;)

ftwildernessguy I will keep your daughter in my prayers

I am angry that it seems there is so much more to be angry about in the world. I'm angry I can't send my 13 yo out of the house to wander the neighborhood without know exactly where she will be because it is a different world than it was 20 years ago. I am angry that every year people seem to get just a little bit crazier.

My youngest son competes in robotics at the high school level and they meet at Kettering (the new name for GMI) sevral times a year, its a tough town no doubt about it but I dont think the blame rests at GM's feet for that. According to what I read last year GM still has more GM employees working in Flint than any other US city.

Scott

Cool, regarding your son and the robotics competitions, and that Kettering hosts them. I really do hope that the school fares well in the future, but it's been a long road.

I guess the GM thing is still a little personal for me after all these years, although I don't feel "angry" about it (to tie this back into the original thread). While we were at GMI during the Roger years, GM closed the plant where I was a co-op student, divested of the school and renamed it. I got a two-sided college diploma, with each side having a different name of the school! It provided more "excitement" than I planned on when I started college.

It was sad seeing the changes in Flint while we were there. Not exactly a fun, party town, although it was awesome to get away to Frankenmuth and Mackinac Island now and then. ;) There are some parts of Michigan I really miss down here!

Sue in Texas

1) I'm angry because I didn't book Christmas at the Fort, instead I opted for Snow Mountain which they canceled because of the drought and now we can't get ressies at the Fort so we're stuck with just the mountain! Lesson learned!

2) I'm angry because I haven't booked our March trip to the Fort yet.

3) I'm angry because I won't be doing our usual trip to the Fort next fall.

4) I'm angry because I have very little time to read these boards anymore.

5) I'm angry because I didn't meet my exercise goal last month.

6) I'm angry because I can't say White Castles and Krystals in the same sentence.

You just did. I say you should be penalized somehow......:lmao:

No Kungaloosh for you!
180px-Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

I'm angry at disney. We found someone who, in his last will and testament was going to leave us his new years reservations for the Fort.

1. You can't transfer them
2. They won't let you grab them as soon as the person lets them go
3. I have been trying to get the nights all afternoon, once i knew they went into the system

we are going to try camping at www.sanlan.com if we cannot get into the fort

Thank you to the person who tried to give me his ressie. I shall tip back some beers with you if you are going on 7/4 next year.

1 pack of raisins
1 medium speed fan

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter