The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

Just wondering if anyone can help me I'm going back to DLP in June and need a new dreams pass mine ran out at Christmas. Anyway last time I got mine through ce multiavantages which I know I can no longer do so I was wondering how do I go about getting my pass and where to get it from? Do I just go up to window where you buy your day passes from? Also I won't be going into the parks till the Monday but will be in the village Sunday eveing around 7 can I buy my pass then ready for Monday morning? Sorry if I rambled on and confused anyone.

Just wondering if anyone can help me I'm going back to DLP in June and need a new dreams pass mine ran out at Christmas. Anyway last time I got mine through ce multiavantages which I know I can no longer do so I was wondering how do I go about getting my pass and where to get it from? Do I just go up to window where you buy your day passes from? Also I won't be going into the parks till the Monday but will be in the village Sunday eveing around 7 can I buy my pass then ready for Monday morning? Sorry if I rambled on and confused anyone.

if you wont have time to go into the parks until Monday morning, best wait until Monday morning, go to Guest Services at the entrance to the parks, and pay for your AP there. You'll be given a temporary ticket and a receipt - take this to the AP office inside the park, and they'll make up your permanent laminated pass.

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are planning to visit June 2nd, however it is a blackout date for the Fantasy annual passes. We plan to use a 1 day 2 park voucher that was included with our travel package.

Once we upgrade, I understand we cannot leave the park and reenter, since it would be a blackout date, but would I be able to take advantage of the annual pass discounts on a blackout date once I am in the park? I'm just trying to decide if we should upgrade first thing, or leave it till later if we cannot take advantage of discounts.

Thanks in advance!! Any tips would be great!

I hope someone here can help us.
We are planning on buying 1 Dreampas and 1 Fantasypas in June. We are travelling from 28-30 June (28 June is a block out day for Fantasy pas) and in October from 4-6 october (6th also block out for fantasy).
I read on Disneycentralplaza that seeing as we are exchanging our temporary passports the 28th of June (so our 1 year on our AP's will start the 28th) that because this is the first day of your pass/your day of purchase we could still enter with the fantasy pas even though it's a block out day.
We're staying in Magic Circus then, so counting on Fantasy pas for both entry and EMH.

In October we'll be staying at hotel New York. Again I've read on different discussion boards that because we are staying in a Disney hotel, we won't have to worry about the block out day because we can get access with the Fantasy pas thanks to our Disney hotel easy pass.

Can anyone confirm to me that this info is correct? I would like to order our temporary AP's this week but need to be sure we'll be good with 1 dream and 1 fantasy and won't be needing 2 dream's after all.

I believe you can only use your AP for EE and free parking once it is a full AP not a temporary one so you will probably not be able to use EE on your first day with the temporary APs. I am not sure about gaining entry with a temporary Fantasy AP on a block out day but I am certain that when you are staying on site you can use your AP on block out days (you show your hotel easy pass).

I'm aware of the EMH on the first day, but we do have acces to them on our 2nd and 3d day in June seeing as by then we'll have our permanent passes. I'm mostly wondering about whether or not we can enter with the Fantasy Pas that day seeing as it's a block out day. I've read at other forums that on the day of purchase the block out day expires and you can just enter, yet not sure if this would work if we have temporary passes already bought.
We're staying at Magic Circus in June so we'll just park the car there and take the shuttle bus, so we won't need the free parking but thank you for the heads up.

Thank you for confirming about the Disney hotels, at least we know in June we'll be fine, now just have to figure out what to do with our June trip. it's quite a puzzle those annual passes, but if we're off cheaper in the end it'll be worth all the google-ing and searching I hope!

EDIT: I sent an email to the website I was going to get the temporary passes from and they confirmed that with the temporary passes we will also be able to enter on the block out day seeing as that's the day our permanent passes will be made. So just ordered 1 Fantasy- and 1 Dreampas! :cheer2::cool1:

Last edited:
Just wondering do dlp get in touch when you're AP is coming up to expiry ?
How early can you renew at the park ?
How many people do you need to sponsor to get a free AP, when you have sponsored do you get your free AP straight away or do you wait until renewal ?
Do you have to renew like for like, only got Dream passes because we needed them for Halloween, could I renew with Francilien passes and would the 2 day rule apply ?
thank you :)

Just wondering do dlp get in touch when you're AP is coming up to expiry ?
How early can you renew at the park ?
How many people do you need to sponsor to get a free AP, when you have sponsored do you get your free AP straight away or do you wait until renewal ?
Do you have to renew like for like, only got Dream passes because we needed them for Halloween, could I renew with Francilien passes and would the 2 day rule apply ?
thank you :)

Seeing as you aren't in France they probabally won't contact you, we have had 1 email in all the years we have had an AP

I was told that it was the month before

You need 3 stamps, so 3 people sponsored, in a 6 month period - either Nov-Apr or Apr -Nov. You then get your AP at renewal. You can only sponsor 5 people in a year.

You can do either or - If you want to go down to a Francillien though the 2 day rule will apply.

hth :)

We are travelling across on Saturday 23 May and staying offsite. I was considering going straight to the park and sorting out the Passports instead of waiting until the Sunday. Does anyone know the opening times of the Annual Passport Office? Is the queue likely to be shorter on the Saturday afternoon ie 4 or 5 pm than 10am on the Sunday?

We are travelling across on Saturday 23 May and staying offsite. I was considering going straight to the park and sorting out the Passports instead of waiting until the Sunday. Does anyone know the opening times of the Annual Passport Office? Is the queue likely to be shorter on the Saturday afternoon ie 4 or 5 pm than 10am on the Sunday?

When we've been on Saturdays queue seemed pretty long all day long. Not sure when they open but they close late, last time we were there it was around 7pm if I remember right

Honestly .... no it will be far busier Sat afternoon than first thing Sunday morning. That whole weekend including the Monday will be very busy as it's Pentecostal weekend and a 3 day holiday for most.

Many thanks for the replies. We are going to get our passes on the Sunday morning. It doesn't matter how long it takes then because we will have all week and hopefully we can be near the front of the queue.

Hi all,

Thank you for all of the helpful contributors to this forum. I'm a new member as I am looking to plan a trip to DP for 2016 on a budget. We will be a family of 4 travelling (children will be 3 and 5 at time of travel). We will be staying offsite either on a campsite or budget hotel. I have been looking into buying an AP (applying by post), possibly the Francilien as the BO dates don't affect too much when we want to travel and I am hoping to do 2 trips next year. I think I am being a bit stupid but can anyone advise me on how many passes I would need, on some site I have seen a child's pass for less money or do I need to buy 4 passes @ 135 euros each? Sorry for the silly question!

Hi. We are a family of five and are looking at getting five annual passes (either dream or fantasy). If I am correct I believe we can get 5 passes at the park with 20% off as we all live at the same address. I was looking at buying from somewhere like ce multiavantages or dlp kaarten but it would appear that the British can't buy from these sites. Are there any merchants I could buy annual passes from? (Which would be cheaper than buying at the park?)
Thank you in advance

Hi all,

Really sorry if this is covered elsewhere - I couldn't find it.

Can I buy Dream passes via post?
If I can get them via post, will I still get a 20% discount when I buy 5?
Do I actually have to have the pass before I can use it? (i.e. once I've paid, can I get a hotel discount before the passes arrive with us)

Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi,

Does anyone know the current turn-around time for apply for a AP via post please?. Leaving the UK on July 30th, and thinking that despite that still being 5 weeks away, this is perhaps a little too short to receive the AP's before I leave.

Anyone know?

Thank you

Iain.

Hi all,

Really sorry if this is covered elsewhere - I couldn't find it.

Do I actually have to have the pass before I can use it? (i.e. once I've paid, can I get a hotel discount before the passes arrive with us)

Thanks in advance
Steve

Steve,

Yes - take a look at this page -> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076546

Yes. What I have done in the past is print as many copies of Page 1 of the form as required for the number of people. I've then amended the calculations in Page 2 to fit the number of page and deducted any discounts and written this on the page. I tend to include a covering letter to explain what I'd done.

As far as I'm aware this is not possible, as you will not have your AP number available to make any bookings until the passes arrive.

Regards

Iain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter