The Bottomless Pit's Disneyland and Hawaiian Adventures

The swap meet sounds like it was awesome! Sounds like the best yard sale ever! Glad you got some great deals! Now, let's move on to the hula girls. Can we talk about that for a minute? Do these lovely ladies actually exist in real life? And you get to have your picture taken with them? How awesome is that. I could do without the pork I think, but I'm glad you shared your pics with us. The hula girls have always been my favorite part of IASW. Well, the hula girls and the big hippo. Looks like you and the Squatch enjoyed yourselves. :)

The swap meet sounds like it was awesome! Sounds like the best yard sale ever! Glad you got some great deals! Now, let's move on to the hula girls. Can we talk about that for a minute? Do these lovely ladies actually exist in real life? And you get to have your picture taken with them? How awesome is that. I could do without the pork I think, but I'm glad you shared your pics with us. The hula girls have always been my favorite part of IASW. Well, the hula girls and the big hippo. Looks like you and the Squatch enjoyed yourselves. :)

The swap meet was much, much more than a yard sale. It's amazing with tons of local vendors. There is a section that is somewhat yard sale, but that is a very small section. Yes, the hula girls really do exist and many of these dances learn to dance very young. After watching the dances up close, it's no wonder they are in great shape. And yes, the dancers are available at the end of each performance and are willing to take pictures with guests. It was very awesome and there is one more luau with round 3 of hula girls before the end of the trip. Pork seemed to be the staple protein on the island as it was served just about everywhere. Lettuce and cheese are bit harder to come by in Hawaii. The luau was quite fun, although the mai tais at Monkeypod were better than the luau!

Of course Monkeypod is the best. It has the best name. And therefore must have the best drinks. Except for maybe Splittsville. :)

It's Monday and we had a very early start to a very long day. We had to be up at 3:30am and on the road by 4:30am as we were flying to Hilo for the day to visit volcano national park. We made it to the airport around 5:15 (traffic is starting to get miserable by 5am) We parked the Jeep and made our way into the terminal to meet the tour guide. We met the tour guide and she was a bit off putting. She had asked why we didn't take the shuttle and we politely explained it wasn't available. (mind you, we booked this tour through Aulani) She asked where we were staying and we told her where we were staying and she commented on how that was "too rich for her blood" hmmm....not what I call a polite remark. Anyway, we received our name stickers, boarding passes and itinerary and we were soon in line for security. Our flight left at 7:25 so we had plenty of time for coffee (starbucks for me and pepsi for the squatch) and we did manage to find some food. Our flight to Hilo was uneventful and we arrived and went to our bus. Unfortunately, our bus was old and smelly. Oh well! We met our guide and soon we were off. It had been raining very heavily in Hilo over the past several days and looked like today would be no exception. Our first stop was to Banyan tree lane. During the early years of the island, visitors would plant banyan trees. There are quite a few celebrities!

Hawaii%20174.jpg

Hawaii%20175.jpg

Unfortunately, it started to rain. Thankfully, we made a pit stop and we did purchase rain gear. *we would soon discover, we should have paid a bit more attention to the weather on Hilo* After the pit stop, we boarded the bus and drove around the corner to a beautiful park/garden. It was made after Japanese public gardens and the ponds used to be stocked with fish. If people didn't have enough food, they could come and catch fish. The park was gorgeous! This is also where the 2 tsunamis wiped out Hilo, the most recent in the 1960's.

Hawaii%20192.jpg

We were back on the smelly wagon and around the corner to the Black sand beaches. Looks like dirt, feels like sand. This sand is actually formed from volcanic rock.

Hawaii%20202.jpg

Hawaii%20206.jpg

Hawaii%20215.jpg

These beaches were the original surfing beaches until after the latest tsunami. After the tsunami, break walls were put into place. The actual town of Hilo doesn't look any different today than it did in the 1960's. There are also no fast food restaurants or things were typically see in a downtown on the mainland either. Our next stop was rainbow falls. These falls were named because there is almost always a rainbow when the sun shines. The falls were exceptionally heavy on this day due to the recent heavy rains. Just before we were to leave, the sun finally shone and we were able to see a rainbow.

Hawaii%20257.jpg

Hawaii%20259.jpg

Our next stop was the macadamia nut factory! Yummy! chocolate toffee covered macadamia nuts are now one of my new favorite snacks. We did some shopping (and thankfully, I can find these on amazon) I found it interesting that the entire production line was in plain site and we were allowed to take pictures!

Hawaii%20290.jpg

Hawaii%20291.jpg

If anyone is interested, mauna loa means long mountain. This is also the mountain where the observatory is located and also, where it snows on occasion. Our next stop was the orchid nursery. It was ok, nothing really to write home about! However, as we are getting into the higher elevations, it is now raining and starting to become rather chilly.

Hawaii%20296.jpg

Finally, we made it to volcano national park! It was pouring rain when we arrived. Our first stop was to park the bus and over the rim to have lunch. The squatch had a burger and I tried the bento box. A bento box is a box with several compartments which are filled with different foods. it was tasty, however, there were a couple of items that were a bit funky so I didn't quite finish all of it. The restaurant is on the rim of the Kilaua crater. Here is a pic of Kilaua.

Hawaii%20361.jpg

Because Kiaua has been active recently, quite a bit of the area surrounding the rim is currently closed. After lunch, we braved the rain and walked to see the sulfur vents. Definitely can understand why there are air warnings. the only reason we didn't have one today was because of the rain.

Hawaii%20331.jpg

Hawaii%20342.jpg

After we spent some time at the visitor's center, we were back on the bus with our next stop at the Jagger museum. This is also right on the rim of Kilaua and again, many of the spots were closed due to the active volcano. the lava was close enough to the surface that a simple footstep can cause park of the earth to open up and the burns can be severe.

Hawaii%20347.jpg

Hawaii%20346.jpg

Hawaii%20349.jpg

Hawaii%20350.jpg

Hawaii%20351.jpg

Hawaii%20361.jpg

Our next stop was the steam vents, which were cool, but not very photogenic. After this stop, it was off to the lava tube. I should mention, it was also freezing! the temperature was only 56 degrees and of course, we were not able to find any shops at this time so we had to freeze! Next stop was the lava tube which was very difficult to photograph as it was very dark. It was also full of water so it was wet socks for us!

Hawaii%20388.jpg

After the lava tube, we drove around the ring of craters road with multiple stops to check out old lava flows and extinct volcanoes. The site of the double rainbow below was actually a parking lot before the eruption in the early 70's.

Hawaii%20413.jpg

Hawaii%20424.jpg

Hawaii%20439.jpg

Hawaii%20451.jpg

Hawaii%20468.jpg

Hawaii%20488.jpg

Hawaii%20509.jpg

Hawaii%20540.jpg

I should mention it is illegal to remove lava rocks from park. it is also very bad luck. Pele is the volcano goddess and does not take kindly to people stealing her rocks. According to the locals, bad luck will be severe to anyone who takes rocks. And of course, we saw several people taking rocks with them to their vehicles.....not a good choice! our time in the park had come to an end and it was time to head back to the airport. We arrived, checked in and went in search of food. So, the food choices were bad and horrible so I had a bag of combos and a diet coke for dinner. Finally, it was time to board the plane and soon we were in the air and back on our way to Oahu. We landed and were thankful to feel the warmth. we made our way out the Jeep and our way back to Aulani. We made it back around 10pm and we were exhausted. Quick showers and off to bed for us! Up next, a day of the beach, pools and the spa!

It's Tuesday and we did sleep in a bit after our marathon the day before. We had breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean and then made our way down to the beach and pools where we lazed away the morning!

Aulani%20005.jpg

Aulani%20014.jpg

Photo0297FourBySix.jpg

Aulani%20035.jpg

Aulani%20027.jpg

Aulani%20026.jpg

We ate lunch at the pool and had dole whips for dessert. We had an afternoon at the spa booked so after lunch, we went up to the villa, packed some dry clothes and made our way to Laniwai spa. Hands down, one of the nicest spas I have even visited. We did a couples stone massage and manicures. The massage is an upgrade for DVC members. We went early to enjoy the hydrotherapy garden which was amazing. The massage, manicures and quiet rooms were unbelievable. Words cannot describe the awesomeness of the experience, however, cameras were not permitted so I can't let the pictures do the talking. The squatch however, was not enjoying the spa as much as I. Ok, so the squatch, not at all. I have learned that squatches do not belong in spas. EVER!! This is the first time the squatch has ever been in a spa, other than to buy a gift certificate, and most likely, the last time he will ever be in spa other than to buy a gift certificate. On that note, he was mostly a good sport, but he really didn't enjoy it or relax. So, after that, we headed back up the villa with the plan to meet others for a member cocktail, however, we wound up taking naps instead. After our naps, we cleaned up and headed down to dinner. We tried the buffet tonight and while it was tasty, it was rather pricey and just ok. I will say, I did eat my share (and probably that of a few others) in crab legs and prime rib. After dinner, we took a walk around to check out the resort after dark.

Hawaii%20008.jpg

Hawaii%20018.jpg
]

Hawaii%20032.jpg

Hawaii%20033.jpg

After our walk, we were pretty wiped out, so we headed in for the night. We did watch the starlit hui from our balcony and then called it a night.
Up next, our character breakfast and road trip to the Polynesian cultural center....stay tuned because you don't want to miss this day trip!

It's Tuesday and we did sleep in a bit after our marathon the day before. We had breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean and then made our way down to the beach and pools where we lazed away the morning!

Aulani%20005.jpg

Aulani%20014.jpg

Photo0297FourBySix.jpg

Aulani%20035.jpg

Aulani%20027.jpg

Aulani%20026.jpg

We ate lunch at the pool and had dole whips for dessert. We had an afternoon at the spa booked so after lunch, we went up to the villa, packed some dry clothes and made our way to Laniwai spa. Hands down, one of the nicest spas I have even visited. We did a couples stone massage and manicures. The massage is an upgrade for DVC members. We went early to enjoy the hydrotherapy garden which was amazing. The massage, manicures and quiet rooms were unbelievable. Words cannot describe the awesomeness of the experience, however, cameras were not permitted so I can't let the pictures do the talking. The squatch however, was not enjoying the spa as much as I. Ok, so the squatch, not at all. I have learned that squatches do not belong in spas. EVER!! This is the first time the squatch has ever been in a spa, other than to buy a gift certificate, and most likely, the last time he will ever be in spa other than to buy a gift certificate. On that note, he was mostly a good sport, but he really didn't enjoy it or relax. So, after that, we headed back up the villa with the plan to meet others for a member cocktail, however, we wound up taking naps instead. After our naps, we cleaned up and headed down to dinner. We tried the buffet tonight and while it was tasty, it was rather pricey and just ok. I will say, I did eat my share (and probably that of a few others) in crab legs and prime rib. After dinner, we took a walk around to check out the resort after dark.

Hawaii%20008.jpg

Hawaii%20018.jpg
]

Hawaii%20032.jpg

Hawaii%20033.jpg

After our walk, we were pretty wiped out, so we headed in for the night. We did watch the starlit hui from our balcony and then called it a night.
Up next, our character breakfast and road trip to the Polynesian cultural center....stay tuned because you don't want to miss this day trip!

It's Wednesday and today we started our day with the character breakfast. Of course, we overslept and had to hustle to make our 8:30am ressie. We arrived on time and were sent to a 45 minute line to meet Mickey....WHAT?? Ok, we're good, how about we just go to our table? Uh, no, not an option. So, we said hi the big cheese and were finally seated at 9:15am.

Hawaii%20055.jpg

We were finally seated and honestly, the buffet was quite pricey and nothing much better than we have at WDW. I can do without raw fish for breakfast for sure. I did enjoy the Stitch waffles. So, we were expecting to see Stitch....oh no, Stitch does not meet guests at breakfast, he's out causing some sort of ruckus at the pool. We were honestly getting ready to abandon our table when Minnie and Goofy finally came around.

Hawaii%20061.jpg

Hawaii%20064.jpg

Hawaii%20071_1.jpg

All in all, it was nearly 2 hours out of our morning and quite honestly, breakfast at Ohana is less expensive with better food, better service and better characters. We certainly left full, but next time we visit Aulani, I will eat in my villa or on the beach and spend the time on the beach.
We realized we had a bit of the drive up to the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC) so we decided to get on the road just before 11am. We got our trusty driving direction card and plugged in Dumb A (just in case) and off we went back to the North Shore. Glad today wasn't our beach day on the North shore because boy was it raining. We finally arrived at the PCC a few minutes after 12, parked and as we were walking, the golf cart picked us up and took us to where we needed to check in. When initially researching the PCC, we found it interesting and after pricing out individual pieces/parts, we opted to do the super ambassador package. After we checked in and actually learned a bit more, I'm REALLY glad we did this package. The PCC is actually run by BYU Hawaii. There is a program for young adults of Polynesian heritage. The students work 19 hours per week and attend classes full time. The students are majoring in careers which are in need on their home islands and as long as they return home and work for at least 4 years, they have no college debt. The students are profoundly grateful for the people who purchase any type of ambassador package, but are even more so with the super. It was just the squatch, me and our guide for the whole day. What an experience! We had the opportunity for so many experiences which were very personal and just us. We met our tour guide Sepa, she was from Tonga, and received our kukui nut leis and we were off. We also learned how the shaaka originated, which was very cool since we'd been doing it since we'd arrived! The gentleman (his name was Shaaka) had lost 3 fingers in an accident and this was how he waved. There is more to the story, but I don't remember all of the details!

Hawaii%20074.jpg

We wandered around the marketplace and then we entered the actual places where each country is represented. We were greeted by a beautiful waterfall and received a shell lei.

Hawaii%20077.jpg

Sepa took us to New Zealand first and we had the place all to ourselves. We were able to learn their games and had the students in the village all to ourselves until the first group came in. After New Zealand, we went over to Tahiti. Again with the imu cooking pit. I keep asking the squatch to dig me a hole, but he keeps telling me no, we're not messing up the yard and cook in the house like normal people. I say, the neighbors already think we're nuts, so who cares if I cook outside from a hole in the ground? The food tastes delicious when cooked this way!

Hawaii%20082.jpg

Hawaii%20083.jpg

Next stop was Tonga to see the village performance. nice thing about the super ambassador package is front row reserved seats for each village performance.

Hawaii%20092.jpg

After the show, we took in some spear throwing. I am happy to say, I did better than the squatch!

Hawaii%20096.jpg

After spear throwing we wandered over to see how the kings live!

Hawaii%20103.jpg

Hawaii%20104.jpg

Hawaii%20105.jpg

We checked out Hawaii next. We were able to taste real poi, not the fermented yuckiness like we had a the luau, and fresh poi actually isn't too bad. We again had front row seats for the Hawaiian performance, which was very informative on the origins of the hula.

Hawaii%20181.jpg

We arrived in Samoa and learned how to weave coconut leaves and made a type of toy fish. The squatch named his "Floyd the fighting fish" I have no idea why. He then proceeded to annoy the stuffing out of me with it until I finally took it away. We also learned how they turned the leaves into fabric to make blankets, I now understand why these are so expensive. Samoa was very cool! We again had front row seats for their village performance and the squatch was pulled out of the crowd to drink from the coconut that was cracked. He was also given a woven crown and a large basket. Yes, we did get the basket home and in one piece. It is currently drying to harden and I will definitely find a place for it!
There was also a man, who thought he was a monkey, and was climbing the palm trees like nobody's business!

Hawaii%20255.jpg

The squatch receiving his crown

Hawaii%20279.jpg

Hawaii%20302.jpg

Hawaii%20297.jpg

After we left Samoa, we took a quick pit stop and then it was time for the canoe pagent! this was really cool! Each country of Polynesia was represented. The dancers were awesome and again, we had primo seating!

Hawaii%20126_1.jpg

Hawaii%20145.jpg

Hawaii%20159.jpg

Hawaii%20164.jpg

Hawaii%20173.jpg

After the canoe pageant, we were taken to Fiji where a performance group from one of the native tribes was actually visiting. SCARY!! that's all I can say, SCARY!! Ok, they were very cool, but SCARY!! I would never remotely ever, want to run into one of these tribes in a dark alley!

Hawaii%20197.jpg

Hawaii%20206_1.jpg

Hawaii%20217.jpg

Hawaii%20203.jpg

Hawaii%20206_2.jpg

After the scary, loud tribe we had our canoe ride with the other super ambassadors which was very tranquil. Our paddler was very entertaining and bordering on jungle cruise skipper entertaining. After our canoe ride, it was time for a washroom stop and then off to dinner. Up next, more hula girls and our second luau!

Last edited:
It's dinner time and thank goodness! The pit is starved! We had the choice between the prime rib buffet or the luau. We opted for the luau and I'm glad we did. We were again greeted with live flower leis and, yep, super amazing seating right in the front center table. Once again, there was a ceremony to take the pork out of the imu.

Hawaii%20327.jpg

After the ceremony, there was again a blessing of thanks and then it was time to eat! There were both traditional luau and Polynesian foods along with chicken and beef. The pork was heavenly and quite honestly, I wish I had more room to eat! I ate like a pig! I can honestly say, this was the better food from the 2 luaus. the show began and was very traditional. Definitely gained a sincere appreciation of the culture during our time here.

Hawaii%20345.jpg

Hawaii%20386.jpg

Hawaii%20412.jpg

Hawaii%20319.jpg

After the luau we did stop and buy our dinner photo. Sepa came and retrieved us and we went to visit the Polynesian pro-football hall of fame. The squatch and I are both football fanatics so we were anxious to check this out. We had attended the enshrinement in Canton this year so we were present when Junior Seau was inducted and he was also inducted into the Polynesian hall of fame this year.

Hawaii%20436.jpg

Hawaii%20437.jpg

Hawaii%20452.jpg

After we left the hall of fame we had some time to enjoy the shops. We did a bit of shopping and then decided to take our flowers, shopping and the squatch's basket to the Jeep. After we made it back, Sepa took us backstage of the Ha show. What an experience! Very cool to see what goes on behind the scenes of this breathtaking production. After our tour, we made our way up the sweet shop for some snack shopping. Sepa had asked if she could have a picture with us and of course we obliged!

Hawaii%20456.jpg

After our shopping, Sepa escorted us to our front row, center seats for Ha. we were not allowed to take pictures, but we were given the souvenir books though along with a book from the center and 2 DVD's as part of our package. HA was worthy of a spot on the Vegas strip! What a show! During the intermission, a pineapple frozen fruit dessert is served and is free if you have this package. the snack was very tasty and hit the spot. The show ended and all of the performers came to the front row to greet all of us seated there. Again, these are students and the front row is reserved for the super ambassador package patrons. The performers personally thanked every last person seated there and were very gracious.
All in all, today was absolutely amazing and the PCC was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. I highly recommend it and if it's in the budget, consider the super ambassador package. It's worth every penny! We headed out and made our way back to Aulani arriving back a little after 10. we cleaned up and headed to bed. Up next, our last full day in Hawaii which includes a trip to the Kualoa ranch and our last hours on the beach!

Last edited:
So sad, it's our last full day in Hawaii and hard to believe it's been almost 2 weeks already! We started our morning off with some breakfast and then we took off to the Kualoa ranch to do the movie tour. This was really cool and it gave us the chance to see the windward side of the island. We even drove through the tunnel. The ranch has TONS of activities and there are several all day packages. As this was our last day, we decided to just do the movie tour and we found a place called Pinky's pu pu bar and grill which was nearby, so we had planned to stop there for lunch on our way back to Aulani. The movie tour was REALLY cool!

Hawaii%20464_1.jpg

We boarded old school busses and our tour began. This is still a working ranch, not just the tours and activities. The ranch initially was a sugar plantation.

Hawaii%20474.jpg

The ranch was actually taken over the military in early 1942 and used as an extension of their bases. There is an old landing field (for cargo planes) as well as old pill boxes, kill boxes and bunkers. These were left intact. Many of these sites can be seen in several movies, including Pearl Harbor.

Hawaii%20482.jpg

Hawaii%20478.jpg

Hawaii%20480.jpg

This is a monkeypod tree!!

More pics of the working ranch

Hawaii%20572.jpg

Hawaii%20578.jpg

We made it to our first stop, which was the largest bunker built. There are also kill boxes built into the mountain a good ways up. We toured through the bunker where many movie posters and some memorabilia is on display. For anyone that watches the biggest loser, some of these items may be familiar. We also learned that many of these "reality shows" are actually shot on the ranch. The participants are kept in very nice accommodations which include indoor plumbing....wonk wonk. We also had an amazing view of the ocean from up there.

Hawaii%20553.jpg

Hawaii%20565.jpg

Hawaii%20551.jpg

Hawaii%20487.jpg

Hawaii%20486.jpg

Hawaii%20522.jpg

Hawaii%20527.jpg

After our bunker stop, we moved on to the base of the mountain, Joe's mountain actually where Mighty Joe Young was filmed. If the grassland and dead tree look familiar, it's the most famous dead tree in Hawaii...it saved the scientist and 2 kids in the movie Jurassic Park from the meat eaters and the T rex! The mountain pictured was Mighty Joe Young's mountain. Lost was also filmed in this area.

Hawaii%20584.jpg

Hawaii%20588.jpg

Hawaii%20591.jpg

Hawaii%20600.jpg

Hawaii%20606.jpg

As we leaving, we found Godzilla left his footprint on the ranch

Hawaii%20603.jpg

Our tour continued to the ranch's version of the boneyard.

Hawaii%20608.jpg

this is equipment arriving from LA for an upcoming film

Hawaii%20611.jpg

We also found their last longhorn on the ranch

Hawaii%20613.jpg

Our last photo stop was of Chinaman's hat!
Hawaii%20621.jpg

Our tour ended and we did a little shopping. We had looked at the restaurants at the ranch but decided, no, we will go to Pinky's. This was not a good choice. We drove 20 minutes to Pinky's only to find they needed to update their website. Open for lunch means they open at 3pm not 11am. So wrong. We wound up heading back to Aulani, changed and headed down to the pools/beach for one last afternoon. We had our last lunch of chicken tenders and then down to the beach. On the way to the beach, we FINALLY caught up with Stitch...just as he was about to steal another guest's left shoe...we arrived just in time! although I'm surprised the squatch didn't run off with Stitch for more shenanigans!

Aulani%20041.jpg

Aulani%20042.jpg

We played in the ocean for a bit and had our last pics on the beach!

Aulani%20044.jpg

We also finally caught a shot of Mt Hockaloogie erupting!

Aulani%20053.jpg

Much to our dismay, we decided to wrap it up at the pools and head in to begin cleaning up and the unpleasant chore of packing. We stopped at the desk to pick up some tokens for the dryer on our way back to our villa. We also finally stopped at the member center. We should have stopped earlier in the trip, but oh well! We know better next time. We went back to the villa, showered and started packing. I had wanted to shoot some pics at sunset and I wanted another member cocktail, but time got away from us so no cocktail. We were pretty well packed up and made our way down to the beach to shoot some sunset pics. I'm actually very proud of my mad photo skills and seriously considering having a set of canvas done off these pics. However, I'm going to add those in the next installment

Our last sunset on the beach of Aulani

Hawaii%20625.jpg

Hawaii%20636.jpg

Hawaii%20637.jpg

Hawaii%20649.jpg

Hawaii%20652_1.jpg

Hawaii%20658.jpg

Love the Gator cloud!!

Hawaii%20661.jpg

Hawaii%20686.jpg

Hawaii%20692.jpg

After my "photo session" we made our way across the street for our last meal at Monkeypod. Of course there were mai tais! I did the mahi again because it was just that awesome and we also shared the strawberry pie. We said aloha to Monkeypod and made our way home to get ready for bed. Up next, our travels home, final thoughts and a sneak peak at some serious shenanigans about to be unleashed at SSR!!

It's Friday and the first leg of our journey home. We had an 8am flight so we were checked out, again, played tetris (good thing the squatch took a picture of how we packed it initially) and bid aloha, farewell to Aulani by 5:30am. Traffic was miserable, but we did make it to the airport by 6:30. We turned in the Jeep and caught the shuttle over to the terminal. We checked our luggage, sailed through security and made our way to the "internation" gate. This is because everything has to be inspected by the US dept of agriculture. We made it through and stopped for some breakfast. All too soon, our plane was boarding and we were off to LA. We landed on time, picked up our luggage and then spent nearly an hour waiting for the Marriot shuttle. We finally made it to the hotel, cleaned up and went to grab some dinner. After dinner we took a walk and let me tell you, it was FREEZING!! Ok, it wasn't really freezing, but it was 70 and breezy and felt REALLY chilly. I did get a couple of pics

IMG_20150926_042704.jpg

IMG_20150925_194906.jpg

After our walk, we went back, showered and went to bed, but not before we watched the Muppets!! Loved it! We were up at 3:30am, packed up, cleaned up and on our way back to the airport. We arrived, checked in, sailed through security, grabbed some breakfast and soon our plane was boarding. We had a layover in Chicago and then home to Cleveland. I'm glad we broke the flight up, but in hindsight, had we been able to grab a late enough flight to give us enough time, I would have rather arrived home at 2 in the morning and slept in my own bed!

Overall, this was an amazing trip. We will definitely go back to Aulani in the future, but probably not enough to actually add it as a home resort. I'm glad we went to DL on the way also, hopefully, DL will grow on the squatch because I definitely want to go back. We did tons of research which was good because we really did many things in Hawaii. Next time, we will definitely go back to surf the North shore, well, I will the squatch will probably do something else and we will also go back to the PCC. Hopefully, sharing our experience will help others in trip planning to Aulani and DL. I will be happy to answer any questions of add any pics if anyone asks. Thanks for following along and special thanks to those who dropped in to say hello!

Sneak peak of our upcoming trip: SSRMonkey, koala, squatch and bottomless pit, oh my! It's an SSRMonkey party for food and wind and the shenanigans are certain to be plentiful, oh and the British are coming! Shenanigans commence on 11/6 so if you're heading to world, catch up with us and join in the fun! the TR is sure to be filled with all sorts of adventures! Until next time, Aloha!

I also wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading your trip report!! Loved your photos! enjoy your upcoming trip!
Thank you! We are in the final 30 hour countdown and all I can say is.....we will attempt to leave the world in one piece!! The upcoming TR is certainly going to be filled some good old fashioned shenanigans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter