The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Ouch!! Just got this. This is the third time this has been scheduled.

We are looking forward to welcoming audiences back for the best of Broadway later this year. Unfortunately, the continued effects of COVID-19 on the touring Broadway industry are making it necessary for us to reschedule Hamilton. The new dates will be April 4 – May 7, 2023.

The new dates will be April 4 – May 7, 2023.

That's not a typo??? Like it should be 2022? :eek: :eek: :eek: :faint:

I saw a news article that the Diana musical is trying to schedule coming back to Broadway this December, 2021.

Announced today: :jumping1::jumping1:

Broadway shows are allowed to come back starting September 14, with 100% audience capacity.

Tickets can start to go on sale starting tomorrow. (Although some shows have already been for sale or for exchange later in the year. :ssst: )

The Broadway Theatre League says that they are fully committed to make sure the cast and crew will be adhering to COVID safety protocols to ensure their safety. So, each show will roll out for premiere or re-opening according whatever date, (after Sept 14,) is appropriate for each individual show.

NO decision yet, as to whether the audience will need to be vaccinated in order to attend. Yesterday, the Broadway Theatre League said they have no plans (as yet) for that. Today, the NY Gov. said he'd would prefer the audience to be 100% vaccinated in order to attend.

Probably, either way, the whole audience will have to wear masks. The Gov. announced the return of MLB baseball in about 2 weeks, with a vaccinated section, where people can sit side by side, next to each other, strangers or not. And a separate unvaccinated section, filled to only 33% capacity, with 6 ft of social distance between each person/group.

However, vaccinated section or unvaccinated section, ALL baseball attendees will be required to wear masks. (And this is all outdoors.)

NYS does have an app for vaccinated NY residents to register and verify that they are fully vaccinated to attend some events, instead of showing a vaccination card or other proof. It probably will be used to get into Broadway shows, if they require attendees to be vaccinated. This app has already been used the past few months for people to get into pro football & basketball games and other events. It shows a QR code which gets scanned at the door:

NY Excelsior Pass

Last edited:
Ok so what shows does everyone have on the schedule?!?!?

I’ve got Chicago for sept 14th!!
Six officially open this time
Company

Seeing Blindness off Broadway this week

I am going to the first show back of Come From Away on 9/21. Or at least, that is the plan as long as my work schedule allows.

Right now, :scratchin I want to go see Moulin Rouge. Although that may change. We'd rather see something with a more upbeat ending. Yet, Aaron Tveit was on the Kelly Clarkson show the other day, and he reminded me of what a wonderful singer he is, by singing just two bars of a song.

I've always liked this clip of him singing in Moulin Rouge:

Last edited:
As we get closer to the official Broadway re-openings in Sept, the shows are back in rehearsal.

Here is the first live Broadway show performance since the shutdown last year. :jumping1:

May this be the first of many. :love:

On Good Morning America this morning, a mix of the Broadway cast and national tour cast of Dear Evan Hansen, led by Jordan Fisher (of Hamilton, and a former Dancing With the Stars winner):

Last edited:
Just got an announcement that Hamilton is coming back to San Francisco, starting August 10th (moving to San Jose after a 4 week run). Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Really hoping I can score tickets.

Just got an announcement that Hamilton is coming back to San Francisco, starting August 10th (moving to San Jose after a 4 week run). Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Really hoping I can score tickets.

Good luck!

I have my Kennedy Center subscription all set, tickets to Music Man next spring and will hopefully see Come From Away again at the National Theatre in DC this fall. I can't wait!

That's interesting, since our Hamilton this August was moved to 2022 because the touring cast couldn't be ready by August.

I have my Kennedy Center subscription all set

Speaking of the Kennedy Center, (if it's the same one,) the Kennedy Center Honors is back this year. The honorees for this year are:

Actor Dick Van Dyke, 95, singer Garth Brooks, 59, choreographer Debbie Allen, 71, violinist Midori Goto, 49, and singer-songwriter Joan Baez, 80.

The Kennedy Center Honors celebrates the contributions and careers of artists who have left an indelible mark on our shared American culture and character. The Honors have been called “the Grammys for grownups.” Hosted by past Kennedy Center honoree Gloria Estefan, 63.

The show was filmed May 17–22 in Washington, D.C., and will air on TV on June 6th at 8pm ET on CBS and also be available to stream on demand on the CBS app and on Paramount+.

Kennedy Center Honors

Photo Credit: Paul Morigi/Getty Images

Did anyone see Moulin Rouge here, back before the pandemic? Where did you get your tickets from? Ticketmaster? Playbill? Amex?

We are STILL trying to get tickets for Moulin Rouge. :badpc: There is only one "official" website that sells them - as far as I know, according to their Twitter page: MoulinRougeMusical.com And very strangely, there are NO seats available in rows AA - F - for ANY performances for the whole next year they have listed so far.

And a little too coincidentally, there are only 1-3 tickets available, here and there, for Row G and Row H - also for the next year. The SAME 3 seats each time. So it's not like we didn't get to the website early enough to get the close seats. Then a plethora of available seats starting Row O and back. :confused3

:scratchin I have a sneaky suspicion the premium seats are not being sold on this site, even though it's the "official" site.

WE WANT PREMIUM SEATS! We are willing to pay for them. Where are they? Are they only seats available for AMEX card users? We don't have one. :( Is there another way to get the premium seats? Are they saving them until closer to September? I never had a problem in the past getting tickets to shows. :confused3

Last edited:
Our subscription series in Providence has Hamilton in November/December this year.
Denise

Did anyone see Moulin Rouge here, back before the pandemic? Where did you get your tickets from? Ticketmaster? Playbill? Amex?

We are STILL trying to get tickets for Moulin Rouge. :badpc: There is only one "official" website that sells them - as far as I know, according to their Twitter page: MoulinRougeMusical.com And very strangely, there are NO seats available in rows AA - F - for ANY performances for the whole next year they have listed so far.

And a little too coincidentally, there are only 1-3 tickets available, here and there, for Row G and Row H - also for the next year. The SAME 3 seats each time. So it's not like we didn't get to the website early enough to get the close seats. Then a plethora of available seats starting Row O and back. :confused3

:scratchin I have a sneaky suspicion the premium seats are not being sold on this site, even though it's the "official" site.

WE WANT PREMIUM SEATS! We are willing to pay for them. Where are they? Are they only seats available for AMEX card users? We don't have one. :( Is there another way to get the premium seats? Are they saving them until closer to September? I never had a problem in the past getting tickets to shows. :confused3
have you tried to call the theater? what I find weird is - is their official site is Seat Geek?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter