The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

have you tried to call the theater? what I find weird is - is their official site is Seat Geek?

Good idea. The webpage had said the theatre box office wasn't open yet. But that was a couple weeks ago, when all shows had just announced they were coming back. They might be open now.

I also find it weird that Seat Geek is listed as their official site. :confused3 I did check a number of times to make sure there wasn't some other site listed. I checked Ticketmaster and Playbill.com where I sometimes get discount tickets from online. Neither of them listed Moulin Rouge. I rechecked to make sure that Twitter page I looked at was the official one and not some fan site or a scam site.

:scratchin I'm wondering if the show had such a hard time getting tickets refunded through Ticketmaster, that they are now using a different service, in case there's some weird, massive shutdown again, like there suddenly is an Antarctica variant that's resistant to the cold and the shows have to shut down again next winter, and the box office is leery of the mess that happened the last time?

Ooh, a Broadway show thread! We had tickets to a touring production of Beautiful: The Carole King Musical when the pandemic started. It was going to be our brand new performing arts center's premiere production. It got rescheduled multiple times, and at the moment it's scheduled for November. I see no reason it won't stick this time, so I'm looking forward to it!

We saw Rent in a neighboring city maybe three weeks before the closures. Even though I'd never seen it before, the whole thing felt like I had. It's kind of funny how you get so familiar with a show second-hand if it's been in the zeitgeist long enough.

(Bruce) Springsteen on Broadway is returning to Broadway and will start on June 26 instead of Sept 14, like the other shows. He was asked to reprise the show to help kick off Broadway's reopening. The show will be a limited run through Sept 4.

Proceeds from the new opening night will be donated to a group of local New York and New Jersey charities, including the Boys and Girls Club of Monmouth County, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, Community FoodBank of New Jersey, Food Bank for New York City, Fulfill (Monmouth and Ocean Counties Foodbank), Long Island Cares, NJ Pandemic Relief Fund, and The Actors Fund.

Tickets will go on sale June 10 at noon here <- SeatGeek again! Audience members will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination in order to enter the theatre.

https://www.playbill.com/article/springsteen-on-broadway-to-return-to-broadway-in-june

We saw Rent in a neighboring city maybe three weeks before the closures. Even though I'd never seen it before, the whole thing felt like I had. It's kind of funny how you get so familiar with a show second-hand if it's been in the zeitgeist long enough.

Did you maybe see the movie? It came out in 2005. It starred Taye Diggs, Rosario Dawson and Adele Dazeem, err, Idina Menzel. :teeth:

Just got an announcement that Hamilton is coming back to San Francisco, starting August 10th (moving to San Jose after a 4 week run). Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Really hoping I can score tickets.
Hamilton starts its run in Los Angeles on August 17. Almost exactly 17 months since it was postponed "for two weeks" in March 2019.

Did you maybe see the movie? It came out in 2005. It starred Taye Diggs, Rosario Dawson and Adele Dazeem, err, Idina Menzel. :teeth:
I did, when it was new, but only once! Not enough to be familiar with the soundtrack, which I've absorbed a lot of elsewhere in the 16 years since then. Or to know chunks of dialogue, which I'm pretty sure I've picked up from various T-shirts, friends' email signatures, etc.

I just found this thread and I'm so glad!! Hi, theatre teacher with a professional performer "son" (former student who adopted me as his parent) and I'm SO EXCITED for shows to be starting up again. I am so tired of virtual theatre, although I do have to say I'm really impressed with myself, my colleagues and my students - we managed to make a film (our very first) and film every actor separately but make it look like they were in the same place at the same time.

Moulin Rouge...My friends saw it when we were in NY 2019, but it was still in previews. I don't remember what ticket site they used though, sorry. I didn't actually see it, I went to the Yiddish Fiddler instead (and loved it!).

Did anyone see Moulin Rouge here, back before the pandemic? Where did you get your tickets from? Ticketmaster? Playbill? Amex?

We are STILL trying to get tickets for Moulin Rouge. :badpc: There is only one "official" website that sells them - as far as I know, according to their Twitter page: MoulinRougeMusical.com And very strangely, there are NO seats available in rows AA - F - for ANY performances for the whole next year they have listed so far.

And a little too coincidentally, there are only 1-3 tickets available, here and there, for Row G and Row H - also for the next year. The SAME 3 seats each time. So it's not like we didn't get to the website early enough to get the close seats. Then a plethora of available seats starting Row O and back. :confused3

:scratchin I have a sneaky suspicion the premium seats are not being sold on this site, even though it's the "official" site.

WE WANT PREMIUM SEATS! We are willing to pay for them. Where are they? Are they only seats available for AMEX card users? We don't have one. :( Is there another way to get the premium seats? Are they saving them until closer to September? I never had a problem in the past getting tickets to shows. :confused3

Me! 🙋🏽‍♀️. I got mine from Ticketmaster.

FREE Shakespeare in the Park at Central Park's Delacorte Theatre is returning July 6th through September 18, with MERRY WIVES, a fresh and joyous adaptation by Jocelyn Bioh of Shakespeare’s comedy, The Merry Wives of Windsor.

The adaptation is set in South Harlem, amidst a vibrant and eclectic community of West African immigrants, starring an all black cast, including Susan Kelechi Watson (of This Is Us.)

Due to current Health and Safety protocols, the FREE tickets will NOT be distributed in lines in Central Park, in the boroughs, or at The Public Theatre on Lafayette Street on the day of the performances.

No waiting in long lines -> :crowded::sick::wave2::confused::tilt::clown::yay:pirate::crowded:

Instead, this summer, free tickets will be distributed entirely ONLINE via an advanced online lottery by GOLDSTAR. :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :cheer2: :jumping3: :woohoo:

Lottery Link ⬇
https://www.goldstar.com/events/new-york-ny/free-shakespeare-in-the-park-lottery-merry-wives-tickets

You can also enter your email at the same Goldstar link above to sign up for notification as soon as the free ticket lottery registration opens.

The advance date lotteries will be on the TUESDAY and FRIDAY the week before the performances.

For example:

Goldstar will begin accepting entries on Tuesday, June 29 (Midnight to 12PM Noon, ET) for the Tuesday, July 6 and Wednesday, July 7 performances, and then again on Friday July 2 (Midnight to 12PM Noon, ET) for performances Thursday, July 8 through Saturday, July 10.
They will continue each Tuesday for Monday-Wednesday performances, and on Friday for Thursday-Saturday performances thereafter.

Link for calendar of what lottery date to enter for specific performance dates:
https://info-faqpt.helpscoutdocs.com/article/365-free-tickets-in-the-park#general

There are currently 1400 seats available.

WINNERS will be notified by email and Goldstar app push notification between 12pm ET and 2:30pm ET each lottery date, and YOU WILL HAVE ONE HOUR AFTER NOTIFICATION TO CLAIM YOUR TICKETS. Make sure you enable notifications on your mobile device so you can receive a push notification if you win.

What's great about the advanced online lottery is that people coming in from out of town can try to get tickets in advance, instead of wasting the time standing in line the day of the performances. :woohoo:

The down side of getting tickets a week in advance for an outdoor performance is that it may be hard to determine what the weather will be for that night. :sunny::umbrella:

If it rains: the performance will go as scheduled if it isn't raining at 8pm. (Or it may be delayed and start late, after the rain ends.) It will go on for as long as possible. If it starts raining again, and it's a light to medium shower, the performance stops until it stops raining and the performance can continue. BRING a RAIN PONCHO and UMBRELLA to wait out the rain while sitting in your outdoor seat. (It may be good to bring an extra mask or two also, so you can change out for a dry one. 😷 ) It may shower in starts and stops a couple times. The performance will start & stop, too, and then re-continue. They will try as hard as they can to finish the performance if they can. If after about 20 min of straight rain and it's determined the rain won't stop, an announcement will be made to cancel the performance. :sad1:

Day-Of-Performance Standby Tickets:
On the day of each scheduled performance, a limited number of free tickets may become available beginning at 12PM (noon) until the start of the performance at 8PM. This summer, they are piloting an option to request Standby tickets via Text messaging, in order to minimize waiting in line in Central Park.
Link for Standby Tickets info:
https://info-faqpt.helpscoutdocs.com/article/394-free-shakespeare-in-the-park-text-to-standby

65+ Senior Accessibility seats are available for those who would benefit with seats that offer limited to no stair options and closer proximity to the stage. There are special lottery slots for these seats.

There are ADA Accessible seats available by special lottery, as well as a number of ADA Accessible performances with ASL. (See website for dates.)

The Delacorte Theater’s seating capacity is currently at 80% (1400 seats available,) with both Full Capacity and Physically Distanced sections. Full Capacity sections are reserved for those who are COVID-19 vaccinated, and the Physically Distanced sections are reserved for those who are not COVID-19 vaccinated. Everyone will be required to wear a mask inside the venue, regardless of vaccination status. 😷

For more info about the show, ticketing info, safety protocols, the cast bios, and dates of ADA Accessible performances:

https://publictheater.org/productions/season/2021/sitp/merry-wives/

Link for the advanced online lottery for tickets
on Tuesdays & Fridays (midnight to 12pm noon):

⬇​
https://www.goldstar.com/events/new-york-ny/free-shakespeare-in-the-park-lottery-merry-wives-tickets

This is an example of what the lottery looks like when it's up on Tues & Fri. You may enter all performances available for that day’s lottery but enter each lottery date separately.

ShakespeareInThePark.JPG

Good Luck everyone!
a0b7fdf6.gif
:goodvibes:

Last edited:
FREE Shakespeare in the Park at Central Park's Delacorte Theatre is returning July 6th through September 18, with MERRY WIVES, a fresh and joyous adaptation by Jocelyn Bioh of Shakespeare’s The Merry Wives of Windsor.

The adaptation is set in South Harlem, amidst a vibrant and eclectic community of West African immigrants, starring an all black cast, including Susan Kelechi Watson (of This Is Us.)

Due to current Health and Safety protocols, the FREE tickets will NOT be distributed in lines in Central Park, in the boroughs, or at The Public's flagship on Lafayette Street on the day of the performances.

No waiting in long lines: :crowded::sick::wave2::confused::tilt::clown::yay:pirate::crowded:

Instead, this summer, free tickets will be distributed entirely ONLINE via an advanced digital lottery by GOLDSTAR. :surfweb: :cheer2: :jumping3: :woohoo:

You can also enter your email at the same Goldstar link for tickets:

to sign up for notification as soon as the free ticket lottery registration opens.

The advance date lotteries will be on the TUESDAY and FRIDAY the week before the performances. For example:

Goldstar will begin accepting entries on Tuesday, June 29 (12AM ET to 12PM ET) for the Tuesday, July 6 and Wednesday, July 7 performances, and then again on Friday July 2 (12AM ET to 12PM ET) for performances July 8 through July 10, and continue each Tuesday for Monday-Wednesday performances, and on Friday for Thursday-Saturday performances thereafter.

So, the current tickets available at midnight TONIGHT,
Fri, July 2 (starting 12AM ET to 12PM ET)
are for tickets for
Thursday, July 8 through Saturday, July 10.

What's great about the advance online lottery is that people coming in from out of town can try to get tickets in advance, instead of wasting the time standing in line the day of the performances.

The down side of getting tickets a week in advance for an outdoor performance is that it may be hard to determine what the weather will be for that night. :sunny::umbrella: If you haven't attended a performance where it rains, the performance will go as scheduled if it isn't raining at 8pm. It will go on for as long as possible. If it does start raining, and it's a light to medium rain, the performance stops as everyone hopes it will stop raining and they can continue. BRING a RAIN PONCHO and UMBRELLA to wait out the rain, sitting in your seat. (It may be good to bring an extra mask or two also, so you can change out for a dry one. 😷 ) If it's determined the rain won't stop, an announcement will be made to cancel the performance. :sad1:

On the day of each scheduled performance, a limited number of free tickets may become available beginning at 12PM (noon) until the start of the performance at 8PM. This summer, they are piloting an option to request Standby tickets via Text messaging, in order to minimize waiting in line in Central Park.

There will also be some ADA Accessible performances.
(See website for dates.)

The Delacorte Theater’s seating capacity will be currently be 80% with both Full Capacity and Physically Distanced sections. Full Capacity sections are reserved for those who are COVID-19 vaccinated, and the Physically Distanced sections are reserved for those who are not COVID-19 vaccinated. Everyone will be required to wear a mask inside the venue, regardless of vaccination status. 😷

For more info about the show, ticketing info, safety protocols, the cast bios, and dates of ADA Accessible performances:

I want to go see this so bad!! OMG. Merry Wives is my favorite Shakespeare play, I adore Jocelyn Bioh's work (I taught School Girls during the 2019-2020 school year), so this is the apex production, as far as I'm concerned! Too bad I'm on the west coast with zero plan (or time) to head to New York 😭 Someone please go enjoy this for me!

FREE Shakespeare in the Park at Central Park's Delacorte Theatre is returning July 6th through September 18, with MERRY WIVES, a fresh and joyous adaptation by Jocelyn Bioh of Shakespeare’s The Merry Wives of Windsor.

Due to current Health and Safety protocols, the FREE tickets will NOT be distributed in lines in Central Park, in the boroughs, or at The Public's flagship on Lafayette Street on the day of the performances.

No waiting in long lines: :crowded::sick::wave2::confused::tilt::clown::yay:pirate::crowded:

Instead, this summer, free tickets will be distributed entirely ONLINE via an advanced digital lottery by GOLDSTAR. :surfweb: :cheer2: :jumping3: :woohoo:

You can also enter your email at the same Goldstar link for tickets:

to sign up for notification as soon as the free ticket lottery registration opens.

The advance date lotteries will be on the TUESDAY and FRIDAY the week before the performances. For example:

Goldstar will begin accepting entries on Tuesday, June 29 (12AM ET to 12PM ET) for the Tuesday, July 6 and Wednesday, July 7 performances, and then again on Friday July 2 (12AM ET to 12PM ET) for performances July 8 through July 10, and continue each Tuesday for Monday-Wednesday performances, and on Friday for Thursday-Saturday performances thereafter.

So, the current tickets available at midnight TONIGHT,
Fri, July 2 (starting 12AM ET to 12PM ET)
are for tickets for
Thursday, July 8 through Saturday, July 10.

What's great about the advance online lottery is that people coming in from out of town can try to get tickets in advance, instead of wasting the time standing in line the day of the performances.

The down side of getting tickets a week in advance for an outdoor performance is that it may be hard to determine what the weather will be for that night. :sunny::umbrella: If you haven't attended a performance where it rains, the performance will go as scheduled if it isn't raining at 8pm. It will go on for as long as possible. If it does start raining, and it's a light to medium rain, the performance stops as everyone hopes it will stop raining and they can continue. BRING a RAIN PONCHO and UMBRELLA to wait out the rain, sitting in your seat. (It may be good to bring an extra mask or two also, so you can change out for a dry one. 😷 ) If it's determined the rain won't stop, an announcement will be made to cancel the performance. :sad1:

There will also be some ADA Accessible performances.
(See website for dates.)

The Delacorte Theater’s seating capacity will be currently be 80% with both Full Capacity and Physically Distanced sections. Full Capacity sections are reserved for those who are COVID-19 vaccinated, and the Physically Distanced sections are reserved for those who are not COVID-19 vaccinated. Everyone will be required to wear a mask inside the venue, regardless of vaccination status. 😷

Thank you for posting this we will be there July 12-18, I would love to get a chance to see this. We have talked about trying to go.

Thank you for posting this we will be there July 12-18, I would love to get a chance to see this. We have talked about trying to go.

Make sure you do the lotteries next week, Tues and/or Fri. Good luck!
a0b7fdf6.gif

Oooh, I love Broadway. I've seen a number of shows there and have been fortunate to meet a number of stars: Laura Osnes, Santino Fontana, Christian Borle, Sutton Foster, Roger Bart...all of them so nice!

@lorimay Register on the Goldstar site with both you and your DH's emails for more chances each day. And download the Goldstar app for each email (use different phones) and set it to push notifications as you only have ONE hour after notification to respond back you want the tickets.

The lottery ends at 12pm noon and at 12:10 I got both the push notifications and emails that we did NOT get any tickets for any day this week. :sad: It was nice of them telling us so we aren't waiting the whole time between 12pm - 2:30pm of possibly winning.

There is also a second, text lottery on the day of performances for Standby tickets starting at noon.
Info for the Standby text lottery is here:

https://info-faqpt.helpscoutdocs.com/article/394-free-shakespeare-in-the-park-text-to-standby

A further sign of NYC's return to normalcy. This is not the Broadway theatres, but the street, Broadway, yesterday, down near Battery Park & City Hall. It is also known as the Canyon of Heroes, during NYC ticker tape parades.

(What??? The thread title does say, "all things Broadway. . ." ;) :duck: )

These are snapshots of yesterday's ticker tape parade to honor NYC's pandemic heroes: Healthcare workers, first responders and essential workers, whom, without them, we would not have made it through.

The groups of essential workers included: Hospitals, Healthcare, Emergency food, Community care, First responders, Transportation, City workers, Small businesses and bodegas, Education and child care, Utilities, Hospitality/buildings care, Reinforcements Advocacy organizations, and Communication and delivery services.

Just as in the true tradition of a "ticker tape parade." (Although ticker tape machines no longer exist. This is just tons of confetti now. :ssst: )

HometownHeroes1.jpg

HometownHeroes1a.jpg

The grand marshal was Sandra Lindsay, a Queens critical care nurse, who was the first American in the country to receive a vaccine, back in December.

Sandra-Lindsay-1.jpg

If you are a healthcare worker, first responder or essential worker, ANYWHERE, a BIG thank YOU to ALL you hometown heroes, unsung, no more. We salute you:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

HometownHeroes2.jpg

HometownHeroes3.jpg

Thank-You-Sign.jpg

Last edited:
@lorimay Register on the Goldstar site with both you and your DH's emails for more chances each day. And download the Goldstar app for each email (use different phones) and set it to push notifications as you only have ONE hour after notification to respond back you want the tickets.

The lottery ends at 12pm noon and at 12:10 I got both the push notifications and emails that we did NOT get any tickets for any day this week. :sad: It was nice of them telling us so we aren't waiting the whole time between 12pm - 2:30pm of possibly winning.

There is also a second, text lottery on the day of performances for Standby tickets starting at noon.
Info for the Standby text lottery is here:

THANK YOU!! We won the lottery for Saturday July 17th. We would have not known about the lottery in time had you not posted about it. :love1: :hug: many hugs and kisses from us to you!

I was sad there were no shows to see this trip, but we have something awesome now!

THANK YOU!! We won the lottery for Saturday July 17th. We would have not known about the lottery in time had you not posted about it. :love1: :hug: many hugs and kisses from us to you!

I was sad there were no shows to see this trip, but we have something awesome now!

YAAAAAAYYYYY! :woohoo::cheer2::dance3: I'm so happy for you guys. I was thinking about you this past week as the lotteries came around and hoped you would be able to get tickets.

Also check out free concerts around the city - usually in the city parks, I think. I am going to post about them as I compile more info about them. The city has been doing this for a number of years successfully. Since you and other people coming in will need things to do I thought it might be good to do a post about them.

The comedy clubs have started to reopen too.

YAAAAAAYYYYY! :woohoo::cheer2::dance3: I'm so happy for you guys. I was thinking about you this past week as the lotteries came around and hoped you would be able to get tickets.

Also check out free concerts around the city - usually in the city parks, I think. I am going to post about them as I compile more info about them. The city has been doing this for a number of years successfully. Since you and other people coming in will need things to do I thought it might be good to do a post about them.

The comedy clubs have started to reopen too.

That's a wonderful idea!
We have tickets to see Michael Che at Carolines and another show with Tom Delgado at Poco's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter