~The Daily Grind~ 8/5/10

Just remember the source. You took her baby boy away, she'll never get over that. She should be kissing your feet for giving her that gorgeous grandson and keeping her son happy all these years. So there!

Grrrrr...

Holly you are *beautiful*! Don't you dare change the screen saver on your computer...I *hate* when people say things like that.

Zuchinni Bread, I haven't made that in years - I can almost smell it.

Today I am making my list for gabfest :goodvibes Makes me very happy - especially with all of the crap that is going on in Canada with my family. Not my DH's family , but my family (that's for another thread).

Dust the back parlour
Clean window blinds
Email my poor Dsis
Check on DH (has a cardiology appoint today)
clean kitchen
clean microwave
Lunch for the Bean
make up grocery list
make up Rannnn's list
print out jo's ad to bring to ACMoore for Price Match
ACMoore
Wash t-shirts for tie dies
Get goodies organized
Call my sis
Put stuff away in Built in Hutch
Fold up Dining room table
Vacumn Scrap room
Carpet clean scrap room
My laundry
Shower (put I will wait until after it rains - it is soooo humid here I would never dry off:laughing:)

Have a great day everyone

when and where is gabfest??

Oh and Hols, you are not fat. I'm fat, you are not fat. And don't worry, tons of MIL's say crap like that, mine did. I'm like What-ev-ah!

I'm bringing zucchini bread to gabfest. I had enough zucchini to double the recipe.

It's Saturday at Rhonda's - did we decide on a time?

Oooo Zuchinni Bread!!!:banana: Rannn will be happy he loves it. Come as early as you want :goodvibes Kids are excited - Sarah is even cleaning her room:faint:

Rannnnnnnnnn I need a drink!!!!! Rannnnnnnnnn I need a piece of zuchinni bread!!!!!! Rannnnnnnnnn I need.......

I've been so tired and grumpy all day. Nothing (at all!) today went smoothly or right, it is incredibly hot and sticky here - a rain storm is supposed to come soon to break the weather, but no sign of it yet.

I did nap for a bit, and that helped, but grrrrrr....I'm in my "I hate the world" and "I'm tired of doing everything for the world" moods this afternoon! Even the dog seems to be out of sorts! (He was going crazy a few minutes ago at a lady bug that got into the house :rolleyes:)

And, to top it off, SOMEONE finished off the Captain Crunch cereal, (and left the empty box sitting in the kitchen - :mad:) so Captain Crunch chicken won't be this evening's dinner. Take out/leftovers (or the old "fend for yourselves") is sure sounding like tonight's blue plate special!

Hugs to AWM - seems she's having a tough day, too. And she's at the happy place... :earsboy: :hug: :earsgirl:

So, nothing like the REAL problems folks are going through, but just my whiny side!!!

I feel your pain Pam!!!! I'm right there with you. And we are having thunderstorms right now.

Thanks, Holl! I have your back and feel your pain, too - inlaws....sheesh!!!!!!! Do they honestly not realize how insanely great they have it???? :confused3 What's with the catty remarks and lousy attitude?

Sorry I won't get to see you this weekend at Gabfest - believe me, I'll be thinking of you!

{{{PBF}}} Have some chocolate!

{{{Holly}}} Consider the source. Mils seem to have no muffler on their tongues.

OK THAT'S IT!!!!!

Just averted a dangerous situation here - someone (between the ages of oh, let's say 19 and 20?) in my household piled some pots/pans, a large plastic cutting board, etc. and apparently hid them in the oven last night, instead of washing/drying them.

DD12 and I didn't know this and she just asked if she should turn the oven on to 350 to bake our banana bread. I said "sure" as I bustled around collecting the loaf pan and ingredients we needed and mashed and mixed our batter.

So, we just got a nasty, molten surprise when opening the oven door to put in the banana bread pan... Not sure what is salvagable or not. And *&$@ lucky we didn't have a fire.

I'm officially on the warpath. And off duty for the night. And heading off to find some chocolate...

OH no!!!!!! PBF, I am so sorry..... I hope you are able to salvage it.....

That is always my fear...another reason why I don't store anything in my oven..but another reminder to always check from now on incase someone else decides to store stuff in the oven....

:hug:

Uh oh, somebody's in trouble!

I'm so sorry your day just got worse, Pam. I'll miss you this weekend. Especially giving you a much-needed :hug:

Oh no Pam. We have done that with a pizza box. And yea the box did cat h on fire. Scary stuff.
Sorry your day was so yucky. And i sure will miss you this weekend.

I did it once...when I was 7. My play doh barber shop was in the oven (I have no idea what my cousin and I were doing putting it my grandmother's oven, but it was there). Nammie was a baker...she preheated the oven to bake something...Plastic like that just melts...mid- to late-70s...So sad. Of course, it was probably brand new. I still blame my cousin.

UH-OH someone better find herself a new plane ticket other wise she'll be flying momfoot air.

hang in there Pam maybe find yourself a nice bottle of wine to go with the chocolate?

this heat has whiped me!! I'm taking a cool shower and going to bed after starting my laundry so I can pack for the weekend away.

Truck has a pretty red sticker on it and has met the shop vac and even a scrub brush!!!! Kyack racks are on and the living room has sproutted a really big pile. Who knew my children already have like 5 fishing poles each!:eek:
I have 1 cooler packed with all the non cold things. Other cooler needs a bath with a magic eraser then it will be packed tomorrow night. 6 am on sat we will be out the door.:cool1:

Off to get that load of laundry done.

Ooh ooh - somebody's in trouble...should I expect her on my doorstep with her suitcase...;)

:hug:PBF you are doing all of this stuff for this weekend you must be exhausted - hopefully you can sit with an adult beverage (as I am doing right now) tonight.

OK - so what is going on with AMW? She's got troubles? I went back and read and can't find anything - someone please update me!

OK - so what is going on with AMW? She's got troubles? I went back and read and can't find anything - someone please update me!

She spent last night at DHS for EMH and then got up early this morning and headed to BB. She didn't realize all the steps she would be climbing and had some trouble with her new shoes. She is resting for the evening to be ready to go again tomorrow.

Rebecca

Thanks - was just on the phone with PBF she was filling me in. Hope she rests up. Thanks for the update Rebecca...

Rhonda (who may just have inhereted a certain 19-21 year old;)):laughing:

PBF--that's so happened here before! But not with a group of stuff. . .just with one pot/pan. I'm so sorry!!!

Holly--I'm late catching up, but FORGET what your MIL said!!! My MIL would so say something like that (and often does), too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter