~The Daily Grind~ 8/5/10

I did it once...when I was 7. My play doh barber shop was in the oven (I have no idea what my cousin and I were doing putting it my grandmother's oven, but it was there). Nammie was a baker...she preheated the oven to bake something...Plastic like that just melts...mid- to late-70s...So sad. Of course, it was probably brand new. I still blame my cousin.

Oh I used to have one of those. My poor kids however are permanently banned from having play-do in the house. I remember as a kid how hard it was to get out of carpets so we've never had it in the house, 14 years and counting......
They even know to chuck it if they get it in a goodie bag or for halloween.

Model magic we have on occasion though. But the living room is sectioned off and it can't leave the table.

Holly just remember the source of the comment. My MIL used to walk up the hill to the house right after the boys were born cause she thought my mom was getting more time with them. Mom was cleaning and cooking MIL just sat in the way. This was from the woman who would never baby sit cause she was a grammie and wouldn't be tied down.:confused3

You are who you are and HER son and grandson love you for that and that is all that matters she can go eat prunes.

The bad news keeps piling on - Yesterday another internet friend announced probable cancer :(

I am so sorry to hear this. PD for your friend. :hug:

Need to schedule another vision test - doc called last night. I "didn't do well" on the test the other day. So need to repeat it in two months before panicking. Sigh.

PD that the next test will go better. Don't panic.

VENT -------------------->:rolleyes:

my mil just came to see me at work to drop off clothes that she bought for bubba for back to school.
ok very nice of her.

so i show her my screen saver on my computer is a pic of the three of us that was taken at the wilderness lodge. we did the photo shoot. i happen to LOVE the pic of us. we are standing on each side of the tree with bubba in the front.
her reply.....

God Holl you look so fat in the picture? what's the matter with your face? you look all swoolen!

What are you flippin' kiddin' me?
i said- well i am fat. whatda want? its me. its who i am.

took the wind right out of my sail.
:sad2:

vent over........

The most bizarre thing is you aren't fat.

I've been so tired and grumpy all day. Nothing (at all!) today went smoothly or right, it is incredibly hot and sticky here - a rain storm is supposed to come soon to break the weather, but no sign of it yet.

I did nap for a bit, and that helped, but grrrrrr....I'm in my "I hate the world" and "I'm tired of doing everything for the world" moods this afternoon! Even the dog seems to be out of sorts! (He was going crazy a few minutes ago at a lady bug that got into the house :rolleyes:)

And, to top it off, SOMEONE finished off the Captain Crunch cereal, (and left the empty box sitting in the kitchen - :mad:) so Captain Crunch chicken won't be this evening's dinner. Take out/leftovers (or the old "fend for yourselves") is sure sounding like tonight's blue plate special!

Hugs to AWM - seems she's having a tough day, too. And she's at the happy place... :earsboy: :hug: :earsgirl:

So, nothing like the REAL problems folks are going through, but just my whiny side!!!

Seems like you have a legitimate reason for being out of sorts, the humidity is horrid.

OK THAT'S IT!!!!!

Just averted a dangerous situation here - someone (between the ages of oh, let's say 19 and 20?) in my household piled some pots/pans, a large plastic cutting board, etc. and apparently hid them in the oven last night, instead of washing/drying them.

DD12 and I didn't know this and she just asked if she should turn the oven on to 350 to bake our banana bread. I said "sure" as I bustled around collecting the loaf pan and ingredients we needed and mashed and mixed our batter.

So, we just got a nasty, molten surprise when opening the oven door to put in the banana bread pan... Not sure what is salvagable or not. And *&$@ lucky we didn't have a fire.

I'm officially on the warpath. And off duty for the night. And heading off to find some chocolate...

Tell that certain 19-20 year old she can come live in CT until it's time to go to FL. DH did something similiar when we first moved into our house. :scared1: My kitchen ceiling even suffered from the burning material. :scared1::scared1:

She spent last night at DHS for EMH and then got up early this morning and headed to BB. She didn't realize all the steps she would be climbing and had some trouble with her new shoes. She is resting for the evening to be ready to go again tomorrow.

Rebecca

Oh dear, rough night last time and sore feet tonight. Hope things go better tomorrow.:hug:

My to do list:

Feed cats
Had DH scare the daylights out of me by coming home early from work.
Get DD up and out of the house before she realized she didn't have breakfast
Pick up MomE
Bring DD to Children's Hospital for MRI.
Stop at Harbor Freight so DH could buy a four wheel dolly. :confused3
Drop of MomE
Lunch
Meet with DD's case manager
Play in my girl cave while DD slept off the anesthesia.
Dinner
Quick fold whites before friend stop by for a visit.
Project Runway

Thanks ladies! :)

lisa- why did he come home early? Everything ok with him?
How did you dd make out?

He was done with his route. His job isn't 9-5, he starts at 4:30 am, and once all the product is off the truck he is done. Initially he thought he would meet us at the hospital, but I never heard him come in the house.

Everything was going good until she took the iv out as the RN and anesthesia dr were trying to unlock the MRI room and blood went all over. :eek: I don't do well with needles and blood. DD doesn't mind needles, she just can't handle the wait. With the delay she decided to take matters into her own hands and try to leave. :laughing: Act II went quicker, sedative was given, MRI was done.

Glad he is ok. Glad act ii went better!! I'm sure you are glad today is over.
Hugs to all of you!!

Holly, please don't believe what that old biddy said! She was jealous of your happiness. Some people just can't edit themselves!! Next time, have a really good come back... For now, here ya go... It's the bop the inlaw smilie!

violent-smiley-1493.gif

And I agree, keep that pic that makes you so happy. Don't let her taint it in any way! Old Biddy!

:lmao::lmao:

I am going to bed with the picture of my MIL with a muffler on her tongue!
:lmao::lmao:

Thanks LindaBabe!

I will also be hoping everyone has a better day tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter