~The Daily Grind~ 9/15/10

That is what we have done too... do your homework immediately afterschool.. no tv/phones/computers/radio etc!!! Started that w/ DD when she was in kdg. As the boys got older they had homework time and they practiced coloring/handwriting/adding etc til they got their real homework!! They were excited to be rewarded for their accomplishments (someone would "grade" their work and leave it on the counter in the morning!) I was always in the room for homework but I did not stand over them....(unless warranted)....reading would be done 1/2 afterschool/ 1/2 after dinner (some times we had a lot of reading and/or personal reading time). My older kids had to adjust when they started playing school sports...but homework has to be done by 10pm unless they are at games....but for the most part my kids have utilized their time after school before the bus leaves to do homework.. They have been called study nerds etc by others but when report cards come home they are on the honor roll while the others are not.... If you set a good foundation early, it will reep the rewards in the future!

Its so important to start them young....I usually let Megan do her work alone, but always there if she needs me.
She made honor roll all last year, even the third trimester with everything we were dealing with. Luckily she doesn't struggle to much, sometimes panics if she's not getting it, but we figure it out eventully.

Good morning!! YAY for halfway through the week!! I started reading "The Happiness Project" last night, and it's really good!!! Can't wait to read more!!

On that note, today will NOT be a complaining or negative day from me!! ;)

Accent the positive! :thumbsup2

Drive-by! :drive:

Busy, sicky day today. Hack, hack, hack...

:wave2:

Hope you are feeling better!

My Wednesday to do:

UP early to go to NYC with Mom's church group
Tried hard not to be a side seat driver.:scared1:
Breakfast - grab a yummy bagel
Visit the jeweler - MomE needed to have her engagement ring reset. Looks purdy!!
Take subway to Brighton Beach - russian section in Brooklyn. We ate lunch/dinner at a russian restaurant on the boardwalk watching the boats go by. It was a gorgeous location and the meal was fantastic.
Stopped at Kate's Papiere - thanks PBF for telling me about the store. Very interesting to check out.
Back to the bus and try again not to be a side seat driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter