The Days in Disney - Live Trip Report

Only ride we went on was Buzz Lightyear where Kevin beat me - even though I was in the lead at the beginning, I blame my laser, wasnt working properly:rotfl2:

I also have to blame my laser a lot. Seems to affect adults more than the kids for some reason :rotfl2: Great to hear you are having a good time. I saw your TR earier today but have only just had the chance to go through it properly. :thumbsup2

It seems to be raining more than the last couple of years in Oct and nov.

Last year there was not a drop of rain the entire month of October. Definitely unusual. We had no rain aside for one evening for a couple of hours in September but on our last day it POURED from midday until evening and apparently it didn't let up all weekend (we had to come back home so weren't there to have to deal with it).

Sanaa meal was nice last night but dont know if I would especially go again. DH was happy as he was able to get a Tusker beer which he cant get anymore in Waitrose at home and he misses:rotfl2:

After dinner we went to Prime Outlets to see if they had a Dooney handbag I wanted, but they didnt. We then went to Walmart on the way home. Found some pineapple philadephia and also found Jelly bellys at $2.97 OMG - they are like £5 a bag or more at home for the same size, so I bought 3 bags but likely to go back and buy more to take home as DD loves these beans:banana:

I woke up at 5.00 a.m. today so getting more used to the time difference:thumbsup2 which is 9.00 a.m. at home due to our clocks going back and US not until next weekend, so we are 4 hours behind you guys for a week.

Off to AK for an early start today. Speak laters

Sanaa was one of our fave meals in August, top of our list for next year but as with other faves we have gone back to I fear it won't be as good the 2nd time. I had scallop starter & then wild Alaskan salmon with shrimp & scallops, one of the best meals of the holiday.
The Jelly Belly's were cheap then, I picked up a couple of bags for a friend at $2.97, shows I have never bought them before, I thought they were expensive :rotfl2:
P1070534Medium.jpg

P1070540Medium.jpg

Yesterday was a good day and no rain.

Spent the morning in AK and first went on the safari and saw the lion really well. It was a really nice temperature so the animals must have felt very comfortable as we saw loads. We also went to see the gorillas afterwards and saw the 20 month old baby gorilla called lilly, she is really cute and was playing around. Lovely to watch.

We had lunch at Yak and Yeti today and this meal was really good, really enjoyed it here, so much so that we will definitely come back to Y&Y next year:thumbsup2

After lunch we headed back to SSR and chilled as we had MNSSHP and wanted to stay until the end if we could.

The party was great, it was fun driving there as people were looking over at us in the car. Must look funny Jack Sparrow driving and Captain Hook in the passenger seat:rotfl2:

The amount of candy we got was silly but it was a really fun night and quite a few people said they liked our costumes which was nice. It was great being in the park dressed up. Kevin was making me laugh as we went on Winnie the Pooh which must have looked funny as two pirates in a child ride and then we went on its a small world and he said "this isnt the black pearl". We did quite a few rides tonight which was good.

The good thing about this holiday is that we are not rushing around too much, just enjoying being here. We watched both parades and the fireworks were very good. We definitely enjoyed MNSSHP and cant wait for the MVMCP next week.

We got home about 12.30

thebeast1.jpg

Kevin's pimp wagon - good fun but huge

thebeast2.jpg

He has nicknamed the car, the beast:rotfl2:

P1020017.jpg

This is us at Sanaa

P1020016.jpg

P1020015.jpg

P1020018.jpg
#
P1020021.jpg

Our food at Sanaa

thebeast29.jpg

thebeast32.jpg

thebeast33.jpg

Some of our villa - really love staying at SSR and the 1 bed villa is great

Havent downloaded the MNSSHP pictures yet. Will probably do that later.

We will return to Yak & Yeti next year, really enjoyed our meal this year.
The Ford Edge is small compared to the 8 seater Chevy Traverse we got, that was huge. Glad they have large parking spaces over there, I would have no chance in ASDA with a SUV.:goodvibes
Great pics, look forward to more.:thumbsup2

Sounds like you had a great time at the party :thumbsup2 I think it's well worth the money. Was it as busy as you imagined, being the last party of the season?

You made me chuckle with your description of driving to the party in your costumes - imagine if you had been caught on camera for speeding :rotfl:

It was so nice to get some photos. That villa looks pretty spacious too! I am too lazy to stay in a villa, lol.

So what are the plans for today (since you will probably only be heading out as I type this!)

Oh one more question: where did you take the photos of the carved pumpkins? They are pretty cool :cool2:

We will return to Yak & Yeti next year, really enjoyed our meal this year.
The Ford Edge is small compared to the 8 seater Chevy Traverse we got, that was huge. Glad they have large parking spaces over there, I would have no chance in ASDA with a SUV.:goodvibes
Great pics, look forward to more.:thumbsup2

Wayne, did you try the salmon at yak & yeti? it was scrumptious!!!!!
sorry i can't post a picture of it for you :)
we also really enjoyed our meal there..
so much so, i tried to get us another ADR there, but it was booked up...

Sounds like you had a great time at the party :thumbsup2 I think it's well worth the money. Was it as busy as you imagined, being the last party of the season?

You made me chuckle with your description of driving to the party in your costumes - imagine if you had been caught on for speeding :rotfl:

It was so nice to get some photos. That villa looks pretty spacious too! I am too lazy to stay in a villa, lol.

So what are the plans for today (since you will probably only be heading out as I type this!)

Oh one more question: where did you take the photos of the carved pumpkins? They are pretty cool :cool2:

It was quite busy at MNSSHP but we stayed for the second parade and tons of people left.

It was funny driving - in fact I waved to one guy as we drove past - his face was a picture

The villa is better than staying in a hotel room - you still get maid service - it seems more relaxed some how

Pumpkins were at Contemporary CM competition

Today we are going to Epcot for the day and then eating at Kona Cafe tonight:cool1:

Some more photos but not necessarily in the right order.

thebeast26.jpg

P1020087.jpg

Kevin thought it would be funny to stick his belly out and look like the guy on the right:rotfl2:

P1020082.jpg

P1020081.jpg

P1020080.jpg

P1020084.jpg

P1020086.jpg

P1020079.jpg

Our food at Yak and Yeti - loved the meal and the fried beans are really tasty

P1020059.jpg

Substitute for brushing my dog at home

P1020058.jpg

P1020054.jpg

Lilly the baby gorilla - 20 months old

P1020044.jpg

He looks so cuddly - though dont like the fact that lions wait for the female lions to bring home the food - so lazy

Wayne, did you try the salmon at yak & yeti? it was scrumptious!!!!!
sorry i can't post a picture of it for you :)
we also really enjoyed our meal there..
so much so, i tried to get us another ADR there, but it was booked up...
No, I had steak & shrimp, Matt had ribs, Karen had a noodle dish(chicken probably) Pics below.
Kevin thought it would be funny to stick his belly out and look like the guy on the right:rotfl2:
If I shaved my head I would look just like the guy on the right, especially at the end of a DDP trip :rotfl2:

P1080558Medium.jpg

P1080559Medium.jpg

P1080561Medium.jpg

Loving the photos, all that food looks delicious and is making me very hungry! :laughing:

Enjoying the read :thumbsup2

The photos are great, the pumpkins are really good and the 1 br looks really nice :goodvibes

Went to Epcot yesterday but not too early we didnt go round the World as we are going next week as we are doing the food and wine festival then. Had a more relaxed time in Epcot but went on Test Track which we love. Had lunch in the Land and had a good look round the shops. Bought 2 keyrings and showed daugher on facebook video and now she wants one:rotfl2:

After Epcot went back to villa to chill for a while and then dinner at Kona Cafe. We also went to have a look round Grand Floridian. Meal at Kona was really nice the only thing we dont like is how it is not closed off from the main area of the hotel, but the meal was nice anyway.

After Kona we went to Walmart on 535 which we have never been to before usually go to the one off Turkey Lake Road. Got some provisions and Kevin got some Itune vouchers.

Today we are going shopping to Florida Mall so cant wait as looking at make up, build a bear and Pandora beads and also looking at the Ipad2 which I am looking to buy this trip:banana:

More photos shortly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter