The DIS Dad's Club VII - Oh Peanut Butter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in. 50 + pages in one day??? Man, it must have been a really slow day at work for everyone yesterday. :lmao: I had gotten to page 240 Sunday night and was ultra busy yesterday and wanted to check out things this morning before I left for work to make sure I hadn't missed anything exciting. Well, I missed everything exciting. Anyway, new place looks great; still need to move the doghouse over here in case anyone needs it for an emergency visit:rolleyes1

ETA: earliest page ownage ever.

:sniff: :sniff:

:sniff: :sniff:

What happened to the new thread smell?

Oh. Barry is already here.

That explains it.
:laughing:
Oh, it wasn't me this time. It was...uh...my dog!:dogdance:

Barry... there were some comments about you somewhere in the last 57 pages. Have fun finding them! :lmao::lmao:
I was following the madness a little bit at work and saw one post where you said something about how I probably wished I was around for this. I'm sure I'll read through the last 30 or so pages today. What else am I going to do? Work?

Like the new thread, minus the cheesy aroma from the corner over there... oh hi Barry. :wave:
:dogdance: <----That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Well, I have have cool news to report.

If you remember, my wife asked about deciding between the new DSLR ofr my birthday or a trip somewhere to celebrate both our 40th birthdays (which I would of course choose WDW!) Well, it appears that I will be getting the camera AND the trip! Sweet Beverly! :banana:

And, besides the two lenses that come in that Nikon D90 kit, DW ordered me the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 prime lens also! (she talked with her niece who is a professional photographer, and she told her it is a must-have lens.) :worship:

Wow, I'm gonna have to do something really special for her, too. I offered to take her to Victoria & Albert's on our trip, but she seems to think that would just be another present for me. :rolleyes1 (OK, she's got me there.) So now I need to figure out something special for her to show my gratefulness! :hug::love::flower3:

I was just really excited and wanted you guys to know - because I was sure y'all would understand. :thumbsup2
Double Score! :banana::banana: I love my 50mm (I have a Canon, though). I would think a stop at the Main Street jewelry store might be in order on your trip...

Oh and look - --------------

<
<
<

I'm now less than a hundred away from 10,000

Too bad we couldn't eek a few more pages out of the old thread. That sure would have helped.

And he was only at 768 posts before yesterday.

:lmao:

Just a reminder - if you have a link to the DDC in your signature, please update it to the new URL.

Also, I had to laugh while reading through the last 50 or so pages of DDC VI. About 30 pages before it closed, Steve called it that Ian would have the last post. What did you use? Crystal Ball? Tea Leaves? Ouija board?

Well, I have have cool news to report.

If you remember, my wife asked about deciding between the new DSLR ofr my birthday or a trip somewhere to celebrate both our 40th birthdays (which I would of course choose WDW!) Well, it appears that I will be getting the camera AND the trip! Sweet Beverly! :banana:

And, besides the two lenses that come in that Nikon D90 kit, DW ordered me the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 prime lens also! (she talked with her niece who is a professional photographer, and she told her it is a must-have lens.) :worship:

Wow, I'm gonna have to do something really special for her, too. I offered to take her to Victoria & Albert's on our trip, but she seems to think that would just be another present for me. :rolleyes1 (OK, she's got me there.) So now I need to figure out something special for her to show my gratefulness! :hug::love::flower3:

I was just really excited and wanted you guys to know - because I was sure y'all would understand. :thumbsup2

That is great news. You should see if there's a Micky shaped Diamond for her. ::MickeyMo

Holy Beverly Peanut Butter Batman!

I have 60+ pages of mindless chatter to catch up with? :eek: :faint:

Well, so much for being productive...not that it was ever a problem to begin with. :surfweb:

Good Gravy....

Some of the things we do around here border on Criminal Negligence...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

And I totally missed out on the new thread smell...:headache::lmao::rotfl2:

I saw this article on aol

Does it often seem like you spend your whole day working, but get nothing done? Well, you're not imagining it. A new survey confirms it -- you really are accomplishing nothing. (That uncomfortable office chair doesn't help matters, either.) Here's a closer look at some of the latest small-business surveys.

Busy Doing Nothing

Employees at small and midsize businesses spend 50 percent of their day on "necessary, yet unproductive" tasks like filing, communications and dealing with correspondence, according to a survey by Webtorials for business communications company Fonality.

The study of "knowledge workers" -- the largest staff component for most SMBs (or the business owners themselves) -- found that 36 percent spend their time trying to contact customers, partners or colleagues, find information or schedule a meeting. They spend 14 percent of their time duplicating information (forwarding e-mails or calling to confirm if a communication was received) and managing unwanted communications such as spam e-mails or unsolicited phone calls.

I can so relate to this survey. There are too many days I feel like 99 percent of my time is spent on this stuff, so it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Discomfort Factor

Are your employees grumpy? Maybe they just need better chairs. One-third of U.S. workers say they would be more pleasant to work with if they had better ergonomic furniture, according to a survey from Staples Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples.

Eighty-six percent of workers say they suffer discomfort from their current furniture and equipment, which is no surprise, since a whopping 77 percent of companies don't consider ergonomics when purchasing furniture. But small changes can make big differences: With more comfortable furniture, nearly half of workers say they'd be more productive, and 35 percent say they'd be less stressed.

Sounds like buying your staff new chairs would be a small price to pay for increased productivity.

see its not the Dis that stops us from working :thumbsup2

For the love of Walt...I check in after a few days and the old thread is closed after like 60 pages in a couple of days and we're up to page 5 here...I'll never catch up!:eek:

Oh, it wasn't me this time. It was...uh...my dog!:dogdance:
SUUUUUUURRRRREEEEEEEEEE......

I was following the madness a little bit at work and saw one post where you said something about how I probably wished I was around for this. I'm sure I'll read through the last 30 or so pages today. What else am I going to do? Work?
I know you aren't going to work. :sad2:

I was popping in and out of the thread between making dinner and caring for my child.... I think you spotted the reference. Although there could be more than one... :confused3

Just to let you know who posted the most in the DDC VI thread
Impressive list. :thumbsup2

Time to do my P90X workout! Arms and shoulders, baby! :headache:
Don’t smash your face.
I think that's from arms & shoulders... they all run together anymore.:lmao::rotfl2:

And he was only at 768 posts before yesterday.

:lmao:
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Just a reminder - if you have a link to the DDC in your signature, please update it to the new URL.
:thumbsup2 Thanks for the reminder.

Holy Beverly Peanut Butter Batman!

I have 60+ pages of mindless chatter to catch up with? :eek: :faint:

Well, so much for being productive...not that it was ever a problem to begin with. :surfweb:
We all know you're a state employee. Don't act like you actually do anything. Some people actually have to work. You can see how productive I was yesterday when you go over there to read through the mindless chatter.:lmao::rotfl2:

Good Gravy....

Some of the things we do around here border on Criminal Negligence...:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Hey, fun's fun!

I watch V too. :upsidedow
(And I can't imagine that any red-blooded American male should have to apologize for enjoying watching Morena Baccarin, Laura Vandervoort, and Erica Evans). :3dglasses

:worship::worship:goddesses among mortals!!!:worship::worship:
Love V. Watched the original and loved it now Im hooked on the new one.

Don I think we need to post our DDC records that were set yesterday :thumbsup2

Lets see we had 55 pages in one day- new record!!!
We had 297 pages in one thread -new record !!!
We had 4446 posts in one thread -new record!!!!
We had the longest page closing time(now official) 5hrs 2mins-new record!!!
We had most pages spent on closing a thread (54) new record!!!!
we had most post trying to close a thread (810)- new record!!!!
Most posts by one dad and still not getting closing post(274)by Stopher

I am sure the had to be one or two more

so as you can see yesterday was a beautiful day:thumbsup2

We had 497 pages in one thread -new record !!!We had 4446 posts in one thread -new record!!!!

Yeah - darn that Steve for calling Ian, and darn that Ian for taking the prize away from me. Ugh. Let's just call it now people - #7 is mine. :rolleyes1 So just know that now. Ok? OK. pirate: As soon as he did that I felt like a politician and the media - the dumb newscasters calling a race moments after a precint (or state, etc) closes and the counting hasn't even commenced yet... all based on exit polling. I'm sure he and Ian were in cohoots somehow...

But you have a slight mistake there Carl in your stats... #6 was 297 pages, not 497.

Wow guys, I only missed one day checking in here, and it took me FOREVER to read through all those pages yall posted. . . .. I am very impressed and sorry I missed the fun :woohoo:

Wow guys, I only missed one day checking in here, and it took me FOREVER to read through all those pages yall posted. . . .. I am very impressed and sorry I missed the fun :woohoo:

There are just days like that! :lmao: We roll for fun around here... and some days are just more jam-packed full of it than others. :rotfl2::rotfl:

We had 497 pages in one thread -new record !!!
We had 4446 posts in one thread -new record!!!!

We also gained 27 new Dads in DDC VI:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter