The DIS radio will come back!

What were the exact words you used for the echo? When i ask to play live365 I got a random jazz
station
Me too - first I got some Christian radio station somewhere, then I got Dizzy Gillespie (jazz) radio.

Had to go back into Alexa serrings and enable the skill again, but finally working, on both my Fire and Echo.
Thank you for the patient advice, @rlk!

Last edited:
Me too - first I got some Christian radio station somewhere, then I got Dizzy Gillespie (jazz) radio.

Had to go back into Alexa serrings and enable the skill again, but finally working, on both my Fire and Echo.
Thank you for the patient advice, @rlk!
lol i kept getting that Dizzy station also. I thought i enabled skill also but when i went back
to check i had to do it again. Never heard Dis Radio before it is different and i like it.

Thank you so much for starting this back up. I love Disney music and this hits so many genres. Especially living the music from the resorts and parks.

Since I haven't been in a long time, and don't have any trips planned, listening to the parks music can make me sad now, when it used to make me PUMPED for my next trip.
But - just now - out of nowhere - I heard the long, extended-version of the exit music from Tapestry of Nations (think it was in Tapestry of Dreams too, but honestly not sure) - a.k.a. "The Wayla Song" as my friends and I would call it. Instead of making me sad, I was singing/swaying along, remembering the times when hundreds of us would get together in WDW for a week of fun and friendship, and I would always have a BLAST. When this particular song would play, I'd exit the park - either on foot or rolling on my ECV, singing (loudly!!!) "Wayla, get outta my wayla!!!", and waving my hand in the air, SO happy!!! Or - my friends and I would put on our ponchos, and swirl around like one of the giant "puppets" in the parade, making our OWN parade, having a BLAST- laughing our heads off, and enjoying being together. Made my heart and soul happy to have such great memories of wonderful times, and people!!

Last edited:

Is there (or going to be) a Now Playing section on the site?

Nevermind right on the front page.A1C883F0-4831-48EE-867B-EBA4A3032897.gif

I still can’t get it to work. Half frustrating and half hysterical. I keep getting DPS radio. Pretty sure it’s not the right station😂

I having trouble figuring out how to find it too!
I had to sign in to alexa. com on my laptop. For some reason when i did it on phone app
it would not take.

Honestly DisRadio is the best thing they have brought back. Next best thing to being at the parks.
What I love most is the music they even play from the DCL cruises!

I asked Alexa to play dis radio is this the right channel? I assumed it would be park music but I have pop music on.

Originally I asked it to play Dis radio and got dizzy the singer or the usual disney music. I had
to physically open my alexa app in SETTINGS. There is a list of skills to be added. I think I typed
Dis Radio and it popped up and clicked enable.

Originally I asked it to play Dis radio and got dizzy the singer or the usual disney music. I had
to physically open my alexa app in SETTINGS. There is a list of skills to be added. I think I typed
Dis Radio and it popped up and clicked enable.
Yes - same thing I had to go through.

Thank you for bringing DIS Radio back. I am enjoying listening to it while working. Can't wait to get back to the parks.

It makes my day! I am listening today episode of The DIS Unplugged and getting very excited by Pete’s statement that he plans to bring back the DIS radio!

For those who don’t know, the DIS radio was a web radio broadcasting Disney parks musics 24/24. It was discontinued in June 2012. At that time, Pete explained that money spent in that radio was going to be reinvested in another major project (probably the move of the Dis Unplugged to a video format, I assume).

Pete stated that a DJ is involved in the project. No launch date has been announced.
I can recall hearing many, many years ago when the DIS talked about discontinuing DISRadio, how much it cost to operate the station, and they did it with no advertisements. I was astounded by the cost. At least now with advertisements, hopefully they're getting their money's worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter