The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Ok, I am putting this here. On our pop up portal site we share deals. Today , at aldi the propane fire pits went to clearance price, 17.59 for there brand portable propane fire pit. This may not be everywhere, and will be only stock on hand they didnt sell. 20230810_104629.jpg

Do you recall which store you got that at in DS, @4077? ED
It was in the main World of Disney store….. looking at store from front… going in the right side (as in the doors to the right end of the front, not ON the side 🤪) front doors , turn left into the next section (beyond the section you enter into) and it’s along a wall of t-shirts that you can see the picture/saying posted up on the wall). If you don’t have anyone able to get to it or are not coming soon, I could get and forward to you, just to keep in mind.. I don’t recall your next trip (although I am now thinking you had one coming up)..

It was in the main World of Disney store….. looking at store from front… going in the right side (as in the doors to the right end of the front, not ON the side 🤪) front doors , turn left into the next section (beyond the section you enter into) and it’s along a wall of t-shirts that you can see the picture/saying posted up on the wall). If you don’t have anyone able to get to it or are not coming soon, I could get and forward to you, just to keep in mind.. I don’t recall your next trip (although I am now thinking you had one coming up)..

We also spotted that Dapper Dans t-shirt at the Settlement Trading Post last week....

Buy it and get Ed to sign it for you.......

It must be karma.

Just this morning after reading Jimmy's post I was browsing etsy.com and wondering if I should blow $50 on a DD t-shirt like this one:

il_1588xN.3234543536_srhi.jpg

We won't be back at WDW until our DISMeet in Nov 2024 so I will see what I can find. Who knows, I might brush up on the bass parts for a few classic barbershop tunes and one or two Disney barbershop arrangements and then go find the boys on Main Street during our MK day on that trip and see if we can do a "reunion" performance for old time's sake.

ED

PS - oh and if we can raise some money for GKTW in Kissimmee, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
@Part-Time Paradise Happy Anniversary!!! (A little late, but I was on vaca...again)

So we had planned a short Sun-Thur trip up to Buttonwood Campground in Mifflintown, PA. We like this campground due to the river floating, the pool, and just how chill its going. While we did have rain Sunday night and part of Monday, we manged to enjoy the trip and where north of that strong line of storms that made news in the DC area. Which our house survived unscathed.

IMG_3868.jpeg

Before I we left for the trip, I did make two modifcations to the RV. The first modification was to reorganize a few things in the front storage. We had been adding things (like the gating we setup which makes rangling the pups a bit easier) and the front storage was just getting well messy.

So I moved the mickey lamp pole to the front most area where I also keep its base, then switched walls for where we keep the gate fencing. Last I remounted our umbrella holders which fit better on the other wall.

IMG_6809.jpeg
IMG_6820.jpeg

The biggest change though was I installed a hard wire kit for our Hughes Watchdog EPO. This is one less thing to setup, secure, and deal with when arriving on site. Plus it still protects when I am on a 30amp outlet now where before I had to go without.

IMG_6818.jpeg
IMG_6819.jpeg

I can see the unit through the heat return area, so the good part of that is I can get a visual if my Rv whisper can’t talk toto the EPO. Now the Rv whisper can see the power even while I’m at home and let me know if there are ever any voltage issues.

@Part-Time Paradise Happy Anniversary!!! (A little late, but I was on vaca...again)

So we had planned a short Sun-Thur trip up to Buttonwood Campground in Mifflintown, PA. We like this campground due to the river floating, the pool, and just how chill its going. While we did have rain Sunday night and part of Monday, we manged to enjoy the trip and where north of that strong line of storms that made news in the DC area. Which our house survived unscathed.

View attachment 784630

Before I we left for the trip, I did make two modifcations to the RV. The first modification was to reorganize a few things in the front storage. We had been adding things (like the gating we setup which makes rangling the pups a bit easier) and the front storage was just getting well messy.

So I moved the mickey lamp pole to the front most area where I also keep its base, then switched walls for where we keep the gate fencing. Last I remounted our umbrella holders which fit better on the other wall.

View attachment 784631
View attachment 784632

The biggest change though was I installed a hard wire kit for our Hughes Watchdog EPO. This is one less thing to setup, secure, and deal with when arriving on site. Plus it still protects when I am on a 30amp outlet now where before I had to go without.

View attachment 784633
View attachment 784634

I can see the unit through the heat return area, so the good part of that is I can get a visual if my Rv whisper can’t talk toto the EPO. Now the Rv whisper can see the power even while I’m at home and let me know if there are ever any voltage issues.
The hard-wired EMS is so nice. I had it kinda Jethro'd in there the last time I was working on my electricity and I upgraded my inverter recently so I bought the permanent mount Watch Dog. A lot less connections at the campground and no bulldog bat-signal outside saying, "come steal meeeeeee" all night long.

You m sure I could have bought a hardwired and sold the plug in, but prime day it was 15%off the hardwire kit and the mounting kit was cheap. So I went that route. If/when I add a multi plus 2 in the front bay I’ll reconsider. But likely just relocate the unit to the front with it.

@4077 A good snooze is worth it!!

Some 4 years in the making and the dinning room is finally coming together. we still have some photos to print for the frames, including swapping a few out. The wall is a rich velvet texture blue. But for some reason shows up greayish.

IMG_7431.jpeg

The ear displays were something that happened thanks to the danger of surfing Etsy. I found the ear and holder, then found the hat displays on Amazon. PS: The covered bottle on the top right is a wine we set aside for our anniversary every year. We pick a favorite that’s in our collection just after the new year to set aside for next year.

IMG_7429.jpeg

The girls got me Minnie and Mickey for Father’s Day. They sit well with their ear bands. So I allowed it. Lol

IMG_7430.jpeg

Last edited:
Cleaned out the camper as we have no trips planned the rest of the year. We didn't do a lot of trips this year, but did 4 that totaled almost 4 weeks on the road this summer. We have a cruise coming up then I will start cleaning out the garage and lawn. The place gets to be a mess when you are not home for weeks at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter