The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

my friend works on Cahall‘s cars, they bring a complete SM prepped spare!! Done enough swaps of trans or engines in the evenings though.
A fully prepped spare SM? That's either dedication, little confidence in the driver or reality that bumpers and fenders are considered "wear items" in Spec Miata. :rotfl2:

We didn't have the money or the space in the trailers for a complete car, but we did bring quite a few spares for each car, including a spare engine and transmission for the Mustangs.

j

SM has gotten better around here at least. But man pointy end of the Majors/National costs some money. Oddly only 2 major bodywork repairs in 2 seasons (both caused by the driver). Ted has the money, big ole stacker that can fit 3 cars and a golf cart.

Ok, so we did a cruise from NJ cape liberty to Bermuda, short but enough time at 5 days. We stayed in Bermuda for a day and a half. Weather was good. Cruise was ok. Unfortunately, I remember when they had staffing and extras at no cost. After Covid, they kept some $$$ saving policies in place. It was still good, just not as good as it was in the past. Pictures at horshoe bay beach. The key is to walk past the normal beach and hang out in the coves on the other end. We would have went further down, less people, but the wind was strong making it bad for swimming. Lucky the nearest cove protected you from the strong tides. We also did some helmet diving, when I unpack, and find the zip drive with the pictures, I will post them. 20230819_154504.jpg20230819_163225.jpg20230821_102218.jpg20230821_111957.jpg20230821_112248.jpg20230821_112254.jpg20230822_083824.jpg20230823_213019.jpg

Great pics. I didn't realize Bermuda had that type of rocky beach.

Who did you cruise on? We have never been on a cruise, but have been looking at taking a short one on a non-DCL ship to see if we like it. Then we might spring the big $$$ for a DCL cruise.

j

We went on Royal Caribbean. If its just 2 adults celeberty may be a better bet. They have less stuff for kids but used to have the best food. We haven't been on celeberty in years though. If you can get to bermuda, its one of the best island's to go on vacation. Its easy to get around, and the people are really nice.

Love the pictures. We have not gone to Bermuda, though could look into it one of these years!

I have not been on a cruise in a long time. Usually find something else to do (like WDW) LOL.

Did book our end of first quarter trip to Charlottesville area, camping and some wine works well for us.

Ok, so we did a cruise from NJ cape liberty to Bermuda, short but enough time at 5 days. We stayed in Bermuda for a day and a half. Weather was good. Cruise was ok. Unfortunately, I remember when they had staffing and extras at no cost. After Covid, they kept some $$$ saving policies in place. It was still good, just not as good as it was in the past. Pictures at horshoe bay beach. The key is to walk past the normal beach and hang out in the coves on the other end. We would have went further down, less people, but the wind was strong making it bad for swimming. Lucky the nearest cove protected you from the strong tides. We also did some helmet diving, when I unpack, and find the zip drive with the pictures, I will post them. View attachment 787882View attachment 787883View attachment 787884View attachment 787885View attachment 787886View attachment 787887View attachment 787888View attachment 787889
Don’t have a good “front of boat” cruise pic to match Spencer, so I’ll go with next best from “permanently docked” cruise this summer… lol:

IMG_9527.jpeg

looks like campgrounds are getting less crowded, coming across NY/OH & IN this week from Maine, every CG we stopped at had vacancy's, in fact the KOA's in OH and IN were wide open, many open sites, they all sent me the text "extend your stay and save 50%" Haven't seen that in a long time.

Some of Maines finest food:

Mussels in wine and garlic butter

mussels.jpeg

No need to explain, this was from the KOA

lobsta.jpg

Seafood Pie and Fish and Chips

pie.jpg

Did I warn earlier this year that my social media skills and efforts suck? Proof positive, first I've logged on in weeks...months? Peeking in on everyone else's travels - they all look like such fun and has me eager to catch up in-person with as many of you as I can next November at FW. Speaking of which, how far out to make ADRs for November?

Been on the road about as much as home all summer. Getting a bit old...about another 6 weeks and at least 4 more campgrounds. I'm really looking forward to taking it all a whole lot slower next season...and more trips for pure pleasure, not mostly work like this season.

Brief recap
March - FMCA in Georgia
April - Indiana to visit SIL
May - Gettysburg (battlefield) wedding anniversary in honor of PAHunter, first Forest District work trip
June - two more weekends under PAHunter's reservations, and another Forest District work trip
July - three work trips, another FMCA/Penn Coachmen rally trip at Pocono Raceway, and a trip to VA with another widow friend met in GA
August - four work trips (last one near Pittsburgh in time for one last visit with father-in-law before he passed - cancer) - I think I can count on one hand the number of nights I slept in bricks & sticks this month!

Upcoming:
Sept - two camping weekends (not work-related, I hope it stays that way) and volunteering at the Hershey RV Show for FMCA
October - Great Eastern Area Rally (FMCA) in WV followed by one more week-long work trip and a wind down weekend for me and Reba. Then home to winterize the rig and get it into the shop for some more repairs (basement door damaged on maiden trip, replace worn slide toppers, replace missing hubcaps, recharge driving AC, replace non-functioning radio for driving tunes, and I'm sure there will be something else discovered in the next 6 weeks!)

Winter: more time to clean house/garage, plan 2024 trips, and pay attention to DisBoards!

Did I warn earlier this year that my social media skills and efforts suck? Proof positive, first I've logged on in weeks...months? Peeking in on everyone else's travels - they all look like such fun and has me eager to catch up in-person with as many of you as I can next November at FW. Speaking of which, how far out to make ADRs for November?

Been on the road about as much as home all summer. Getting a bit old...about another 6 weeks and at least 4 more campgrounds. I'm really looking forward to taking it all a whole lot slower next season...and more trips for pure pleasure, not mostly work like this season.

Brief recap
March - FMCA in Georgia
April - Indiana to visit SIL
May - Gettysburg (battlefield) wedding anniversary in honor of PAHunter, first Forest District work trip
June - two more weekends under PAHunter's reservations, and another Forest District work trip
July - three work trips, another FMCA/Penn Coachmen rally trip at Pocono Raceway, and a trip to VA with another widow friend met in GA
August - four work trips (last one near Pittsburgh in time for one last visit with father-in-law before he passed - cancer) - I think I can count on one hand the number of nights I slept in bricks & sticks this month!

Upcoming:
Sept - two camping weekends (not work-related, I hope it stays that way) and volunteering at the Hershey RV Show for FMCA
October - Great Eastern Area Rally (FMCA) in WV followed by one more week-long work trip and a wind down weekend for me and Reba. Then home to winterize the rig and get it into the shop for some more repairs (basement door damaged on maiden trip, replace worn slide toppers, replace missing hubcaps, recharge driving AC, replace non-functioning radio for driving tunes, and I'm sure there will be something else discovered in the next 6 weeks!)

Winter: more time to clean house/garage, plan 2024 trips, and pay attention to DisBoards!

:faint: Whew

Last edited:
Jen. You and Reba have been a pair of busy Girls.
As to ADR date in November. You can start making them at 60 days prior to your check in. You can make for 10 days.

For those not following me on Facebook, nor do you have to. I will do a trip report once back home. We have spent two weeks in Iceland with some of that a cruise. Concern right now is heading home on Saturday as Reykjavik has a storm.

A few teaser pics.

18C5D88B-23A7-43C8-942F-5E3508239E6D.jpeg

39761564-1F08-48CD-BDFE-259D2B9298A0.jpeg

432520A0-4278-40BD-84BE-6A47085EA517.jpeg

858C62D8-DD0B-415A-8582-D97DC0ED889D.jpeg

0DBDC25A-5260-4B5F-949C-02AC036EA16B.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C8A8AFF-00CC-460E-BA47-47AB35639B75.jpeg
    7C8A8AFF-00CC-460E-BA47-47AB35639B75.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2
  • E832A5AA-B1A8-48CD-8F12-CDD75A54E0AD.jpeg
    E832A5AA-B1A8-48CD-8F12-CDD75A54E0AD.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 3B66BA35-8075-4816-83D3-6D5A49DF4584.jpeg
    3B66BA35-8075-4816-83D3-6D5A49DF4584.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3
  • F5BE3FBE-EFC3-4C0C-B7D8-FD6DC7AB3DFA.jpeg
    F5BE3FBE-EFC3-4C0C-B7D8-FD6DC7AB3DFA.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3
Picked up Whisky at 4. She had a bath and a deshed. Looked like she lost 5 lb of fur. She was happy to see us. First thing she wanted was water. Then we ate treats off my belly.

IMG_2939.jpeg

IMG_2940.jpeg

next we laid with mommy. Might be because I did not open the crate but she slept for 30 minutes by me.

IMG_2948.jpeg
then up again while Bert was in the kitchen

IMG_2951.jpeg
spent time in the crate and now on the balcony.

@garneska
You bad horrible , evil , not so nice Mommy. After putting that poor sweet little girl in JAIL no sooner is she home and you want to put her in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT. of yourself. After a week of galavanting across the globe enjoying the High Life in Europe You should be ashamed of how you are treating her.
I just hope that if she meets up with the Savage Sisters in January she doesn' t come begging for ASYLUM.

@ Bana Ed
I told you to be careful and evenly distribute the weight.
FB_IMG_1693695183386.jpg

That looked like a fun trip. Just finished up the big labor day weekend. As usually it was a good time, lots of friends, food, racing and of course bench racing in the evening.

Now its back to the work week! Might make it up to the Hershey show this year. Melissa is out of town visiting friends, girls are with their dad. So while I will happilly putter around the house, why not go out there and walk through lots of new rigs and get mod ideas. (I love our current rig so know I won't want anything different.) I am curious what they will be showing off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter