The Disney Tipping Info Thread *Updated 9.1.09*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm trying to do my budget and calculate tips for our ADRs and I need some help. We are booked at several buffets so I know the price of the meal but how do I know if that includes a drink (i.e. soda, iced tea, lemonade, etc.) or I need to add the cost of a beverage to the amount before I calculate tip. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kelli

I had thought the same thing but according to the menu on allears a drink is NOT included with the Biergarten dinner buffet. Not sure about the others :goodvibes
I'm pretty sure the Biergarten price does include soft drinks, just not alcoholic beverages. I don't know why AllEars has that statement on there. I've noticed it before. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure it's incorrect, sort of. Technically there are beverages that can be purchased separately, but there are also beverages that are included, I think. Maybe someone who has been there recently can chime in. :goodvibes

The tip at Cinderellas Royal table is included. It doesn't matter if you pay out of pocket or are on the dining plan. It's included in that price.

Just wanted to clarify. We are doing the DDP with CRT. Technically we do not need to leave a tip? However we can if we want to....correct?

Just wanted to clarify. We are doing the DDP with CRT. Technically we do not need to leave a tip? However we can if we want to....correct?
As I understand it, yes. An 18% tip is included. If you feel the service warrants more than that then you would leave the additional amount.

I'm not sure how I missed that, but somehow I did. The last time we ate there (in January) our service was not very good, adequate I guess, but not good. I left a 15% tip. So my adequate but not good server got a 33% tip. :rotfl:

Yes they get a tip of 18% no matter what. You can leave extra anywhere if you want though.

I found that our waiter at Sci Fi to be over the top...it was obvious he wanted extra tips *** he made a fuss on taking pictures *** when he came to paying the bill he said that he'll charge the tip to our room key....

I promise this won't be controversial. ;) We have always done the DDP and have always brought cash for the tips. This year we are contemplating putting our debit card on our KTTK card for charging and using that for tips. If we do that, is it an individual charge for every restaurant every day or does it get charged to our room and put through the debit card all together in a lump sum at the end?

That's probably a really stupid question. :rolleyes: We've just never put charging priveleges on our KTTK card before and have no idea how it works. Thank for your help! :goodvibes

As I understand it, you will accumulate your charges on your room key and pay them off before you check out..I think you can even pay how ever you want to.....I will have a few Reward dollars and plan to use them to pay on additional charges made even though my Disney visa will be linked to the room key.

What if you are traveling with other people and your party consists of 6 people with the other people combined. We obviously will be sitting together for meals. Will they try to automatically add the tip because we are now a party of six? We technically should have two checks because we are two different families.
We are a party of 6 (my parents and me, DH and our two DD's) Since we had separate rooms they always gave us two checks...the tips were also separate. This happened at every restaurant we ate at.

on page 50 but....

I've always paid tips in cash but this time we have a lot of Disney Dream Rewards points to use. Can I pay for tips with the rewards card (not the visa itself but the points card)?

on page 50 but....

I've always paid tips in cash but this time we have a lot of Disney Dream Rewards points to use. Can I pay for tips with the rewards card (not the visa itself but the points card)?

It's answered in the first post on page one ;), but yes, you can pay for tips with your Disney Rewards.

It's answered in the first post on page one ;), but yes, you can pay for tips with your Disney Rewards.

I did see #6 on page 1 but was still unclear as to whether that referred to the card you put your rewards points on or the visa itself. I thank you for the clarification.

I know this was answered earlier.....but just to clarify (because I am not useing DDP for our CRT breakfast - it was already paid for by credit card when I made the ADR)..... is assumed that I have already paid an 18% tip with the $179 charge that went on my credit card? I'm sorry for asking the question when it's already been answered in a sense - but I didn't know if the tip was included already since we aren't using the DDP (I don't mean to sound stupid, I've just never been to WDW before and I'm trying to figure out how much cash to bring with me for things like this).
Do people normally tip another 15%-20% on top of the amount that is already included?

In regards to the KTTW card that we seem to get....since the rest of my meals are going to be on the DDP....would it be easier to just put my tips on the KTTW rather than carry around cash? This is the first I've heard of this - is it pretty standard practice at the World? It might be easier for my family to do this than carry around cash (we rarely carry a lot of cash at home, so I'm trying to make this as easy as possible)

Thanks for any advice....again, I hate to sound ignorant, I just want to make sure that I'm getting all this down since I leave in less than a week :banana:

7. The gratuity is included in the dinner shows Hoop Dee Doo Review, Spirit of Aloha and at Cinderella’s Royal Table. You can always leave additional 

this is for anyone - cash or credits

6. You may pay the gratuity in many different forms. You may use:
• Disney Dollars
• Disney Visa (or any credit card)
• Disney gift cards and Disney Reward cards
• Disney room charge (KTTW card)
• Cash (Just write cash on the tip line and leave the $$ in the folder)

hope that helps, it is up to you whsat is the easiest way to pay the gratuity, whatever form you prefer ::)

Children's Activity Centres?!?

You pay an hourly fee per child - do you have to tip on top of this fee??? Just curious because I don't want to mess up and be embarrassed at the time.

Any one that has used these centres, please any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

They are not allowed to accept tips.

I am very nervous about tipping for some reason. We have DDP and I am planning on paying tips with cash but I have a feeling we will have charging on our KTTW. I know if I just right cash they are not supposed to charge the tip but I am super nervous that they will and it will be a mess to clear up. Should I just give up and charge tips?

If you want to be crystal clear, you can just write CASH on the tip line, so the servers know you're tipping in cash. If you do that, and carry your total to the bottom, it'll work out fine.

Though I understand vacation anxiety, in the end it's just another restaurant and it works like any other restaurant in the world. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter