The DVC Members waiting on Gold AP to go on sale

Just terrible. Buying blocks of tickets would be far more expensive. I think they way Disney is doing the AP holders, locals is just horrible.
Atleast locals get ticket discounts. Even if we did not get gold AP back give us the Flordia discount for the time being.

Makes me wonder just how high Disney might raise the AP price in the future. Or how they might place more rescritions on them.
Since there is currently no park hopping offered, you’d think it’d be reasonable to expect the price to be lowered accordingly.

IMO part of the issue with delaying reselling them, they don’t want to lower the price

Many of us with trips that were canceled by closure are sitting on an entire use year of points banked into this year. In a one bedroom, I am needing to book 3 weeks of stay. No way I want to buy in blocks of one day tickets like this. Bad enough I lost some points already. Now I may lose more.

It’s far more profitable for them to have DVC members who visit multiple times a year (5 - 6 typically for us) to be forced into buying individual MYW tix for each trip

It’s far more profitable for them to have DVC members who visit multiple times a year (5 - 6 typically for us) to be forced into buying individual MYW tix for each trip

People would likely just sell off extra contracts/points. It would impact direct sales and it also steals cash guests who would not get DVC instead of getting hotel rooms in the future. Which only "works" if the hotel guest only gets a room from capacity "freed up" which is unlikely since Disney is not running at 100% capacity (although very close to it during the best of times). Even so by having such a backlog of guests trying to get onsite you can now charge more.

Its all a chain of events that would take multiple interactions to get to the point of seeing the actual loss or replacement of the customer who sold their DVC.

Counter point to this though would be having everyone only own 7 days at most and dumping all funds from 2-3-4 trips in to a single trip. There could be gain in revenue through loss in people actually visiting.

Since there is currently no park hopping offered, you’d think it’d be reasonable to expect the price to be lowered accordingly.

IMO part of the issue with delaying reselling them, they don’t want to lower the price

I wonder if we are going to see a discount. Here is my thinking. Everyone with current ones had to request a refund By the 11th.

Now that is done, they come out in a week or two with a revised AP that does not include park hopping at a discounted price.

Doing it ahead of time...before refund choice..might have caused more people to request a refund to buy the cheaper one?

I wonder if we are going to see a discount. Here is my thinking. Everyone with current ones had to request a refund By the 11th.

Now that is done, they come out in a week or two with a revised AP that does not include park hopping at a discounted price.

Doing it ahead of time...before refund choice..might have caused more people to request a refund to buy the cheaper one?

Alternative they open more reservations to APs (5 instead of 10) have a temporary hold on park hopping until the end of the year and charge more (thus less people would have asked for a refund).

Seems like they would want to charge more because if they charged less those who didn't ask for a refund likely would be fairly upset because I doubt they get parking hopping back and just have paid more for sticking in there with Disney.

Alternative they open more reservations to APs (5 instead of 10) have a temporary hold on park hopping until the end of the year and charge more (thus less people would have asked for a refund).

Seems like they would want to charge more because if they charged less those who didn't ask for a refund likely would be fairly upset because I doubt they get parking hopping back and just have paid more for sticking in there with Disney.

Not really. People did get 5 months added. I didnt choose the refund because the extension is now covering 4 trips and allows me to not have to renew until next Spring vs in December.

I can see a discount or special. But I also think they might give ALs more days as well.

I seen on another site that some were predicting the pass that is now at $1200, could be raised to $1800. And with the detest that Disney seems to have now with AP tickets, it could happen. That way they could still keep the AP around, but really make you pay an sweltering increase for the privilege of having it.

I seen on another site that some were predicting the pass that is now at $1200, could be raised to $1800. And with the detest that Disney seems to have now with AP tickets, it could happen. That way they could still keep the AP around, but really make you pay an sweltering increase for the privilege of having it.

I know it's just conjecture, but that doesn't make sense to me. On what are they basing their theory?

If they raised all ticket prices and put in permanent caps on visitors more similar to levels founds right now I would likely be okay with it.

Brought it up in the past I am happy to look at paying more if parks were much less crowded.

Would have to see final information before I would say for sure its a good or bad thing though.

I know it's just conjecture, but that doesn't make sense to me. On what are they basing their theory?
I really don't know. It was kinda funny cause they were calling it like an auction. Going 1400, going 1500, and so on. I mean, look, you never know, but hopefully they won't do such to the AP holders.

I really don't know. It was kinda funny cause they were calling it like an auction. Going 1400, going 1500, and so on. I mean, look, you never know, but hopefully they won't do such to the AP holders.

It may not be done to AP holders but to everyone. They may look to raise pricing across the board to account for expected long term reduction in crowds.

I just don’t agree that they stopped the sales for any other reason then because of what is happening due to Covid and the limits for parks, etc.

Yes, there are a lot of people who read the boards and are very in tune to everything going on. But there are also lot of people who don’t and buy an AP and not realize all the limitations right now, especially the 3 trip limit,

No way could they sell, for example a DVC AP, but not FL resident ones. Easiest to to suspend all when it’s such a different product right now.

Disney has effectively created an artificial demand for tix & APH. FOMO. That magic/unrealistic pricing based upon the situation only will work on the most fervent fans

the majority of potential guests will hunker as they did after 9-11

No way could they sell, for example a DVC AP, but not FL resident ones. Easiest to to suspend all when it’s such a different product right now.
To a lesser degree I could see the reverse happening if they feel the metrics are there relying on locals only

For us? It's easy. We will go on two trips per year, each one 7 days in parks.
If an AP is cheaper? We will buy this. If it is not? We won't. We already get enough DVC owner perks.

I'm not looking for a discounted Gold AP at this point, I just would like to purchase one period. I get it though, I don't think Disney should be selling a product that they can't completely fulfill and I really do believe they've been trying to do the right thing up to this point.

I almost hate to say it but.... After our trip over the last 10 days, Disney should change their sales model. Instead of offering a cheaper price to alot of people, they should substantially rise their prices until they meet current park limit capacity (20% to 30%).

Simply put, I'd be willing to pay alot more for small crowds and not the craziness and insane wait times that have become disney over the last decade. I think Disney could stay at 20 to 30% capacity and still make alot of money for shareholders by rising prices. I know this will not be a popular comment, but its the truth.

We spent maybe 7 to 8 hours at Magic Kingdom and rode 17 rides. This would never have happened anytime in the last several years. As a DVC owner, I'm locked into disney hotels so my only major expenses are food and tickets/APs. Ask yourself is it worth another $1k to $2k a trip if you feel more like a VIP with small crowds and less stress?

I'm thinking that instead of offering the Ford model sold to the masses maybe try being a Lexus/Audi model and have a better product purchased by fewer people.

Will this price some people out of a Disney vacation? Yes, it probably will but you'll be left with happier customers not having to deal with 50k of their closest friends crowding a park. Just my new perspective after our last covid times trip.

I almost hate to say it but.... After our trip over the last 10 days, Disney should change their sales model. Instead of offering a cheaper price to alot of people, they should substantially rise their prices until they meet current park limit capacity (20% to 30%).

Simply put, I'd be willing to pay alot more for small crowds and not the craziness and insane wait times that have become disney over the last decade. I think Disney could stay at 20 to 30% capacity and still make alot of money for shareholders by rising prices. I know this will not be a popular comment, but its the truth.

We spent maybe 7 to 8 hours at Magic Kingdom and rode 17 rides. This would never have happened anytime in the last several years. As a DVC owner, I'm locked into disney hotels so my only major expenses are food and tickets/APs. Ask yourself is it worth another $1k to $2k a trip if you feel more like a VIP with small crowds and less stress?

I'm thinking that instead of offering the Ford model sold to the masses maybe try being a Lexus/Audi model and have a better product purchased by fewer people.

Will this price some people out of a Disney vacation? Yes, it probably will but you'll be left with happier customers not having to deal with 50k of their closest friends crowding a park. Just my new perspective after our last covid times trip.

Yup have brought this up before.

Honestly they could also have onsite vs offsite pricing with onsite being inclusive of food.

Think if they had very limited offsite tickets for 4x the price or onsite without any room discounts which required the dining plan and tickets were 1.5x the price?

They could also make offsite be single day tickets only.

Various options to be had.

Any change like that though and you can kiss DVC goodbye in the future as it would dramatically change the model. Lots of people would still buy but you would have lots of current members pulling the plug.

Yup have brought this up before.

Honestly they could also have onsite vs offsite pricing with onsite being inclusive of food.

Think if they had very limited offsite tickets for 4x the price or onsite without any room discounts which required the dining plan and tickets were 1.5x the price?

They could also make offsite be single day tickets only.

Various options to be had.

Any change like that though and you can kiss DVC goodbye in the future as it would dramatically change the model. Lots of people would still buy but you would have lots of current members pulling the plug.
As someone who could well afford all options presented.....

I find this disgusting.
Make Disney only for the elite.. Shame on you.

ETA: Perhaps the Golden Oaks residents should say “we don’t want those DVC peasants in the parks with us. Disney should raise admission 50x to keep those undesirables out.”

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter