The DVC Members waiting on Gold AP to go on sale

As someone who could well afford all options presented.....

I find this disgusting.
Make Disney only for the elite.. Shame on you.

Okay let's make it 50% or even 75% off because it sure as hell is not for everyone right now.

Shame on you

Want to talk about letting everyone go to Disney? Have plenty of ideas to make that a reality. Income based ticket prices, removal of AP/FL tickets, limited number of days per year or decade in each park, free ticket application for those below poverty line for certain number daily, extended hours but limited hours each guest can be in park.

Plenty could be done and changed if you wanted to be serious about making sure everyone can go as it's a parsec away from being that today. A large number of Americans (let alone globally) cant even afford to travel to FL let alone have vacation time or money.

Last edited:
Okay let's make it 50% or even 75% off because it sure as hell is not for everyone right now.

Shame on you

Want to talk about letting everyone go to Disney? Have plenty of ideas to make that a reality. Income based ticket prices, removal of AP/FL tickets, limited number of days per year or decade in each park, free ticket application for those below poverty line for certain number daily, extended hours but limited hours each guest can be in park.

Plenty could be done and changed if you wanted to be serious about making sure everyone can go as it's a parsec away from being that today. A large number of Americans (let alone globally) cant even afford to travel to FL let alone have vacation time or money.
Apparently you did not see my ETA addendum, but I’m suggesting we should intentionally price you out as well.

Apparently you did not see my ETA addendum, but I’m suggesting we should intentionally price you out as well.

Disney can do that. If they did I simply wouldn't go and would do something else.

Dont like my response? I am fine with whatever they do but don't act like its some elitish junk when its not. Want to talk about pricing people out that has already happened.

I would be 100% fine with all my suggestions just like I would be fine if they chose to make everyone pay for VIP or even more expensive.

Disney can do that. If they did I simply wouldn't go and would do something else.

Dont like my response? I am fine with whatever they do but don't act like its some elitish junk when its not. Want to talk about pricing people out that has already happened.

I would be 100% fine with all my suggestions just like I would be fine if they chose to make everyone pay for VIP or even more expensive.
I believe in a natural supply/demand curve to set prices.
It seems to me that you want to alter the natural curve in order to enhance your experience.
Yes, I have a problem with that.

I believe in a natural supply/demand curve to set prices.
It seems to me that you want to alter the natural curve in order to enhance your experience.
Yes, I have a problem with that.

So raise the prices, lower the crowds, and still make more money was the point of the original comments that you took offense to.

No one is saying Disney should make less. We are saying Disney can make more and provide a better experience for those that do go possibly. Even if it's a 25% reduction in crowds through a 35% ticket increase as an example.

Supply can be scaled back same as any other business scaling back their supply/production. Oh and Disney already does this with merchandise, any limited time thing, parties with limited attendance, moonlight with limited tickets, ect. There is zero requirement for capacity to be set at the Fire Marshall limit.

Last edited:
So raise the prices, lower the crowds, and still make more money was the point of the original comments that you took offense to.

No one is saying Disney should make less. We are saying Disney can make more and provide a better experience for those that do go possibly. Even if it's a 25% reduction in crowds through a 35% ticket increase as an example.

Supply can be scaled back same as any other business scaling back their supply/production. Oh and Disney already does this with merchandise, any limited time thing, parties with limited attendance, moonlight with limited tickets, ect. There is zero requirement for capacity to be set at the Fire Marshall limit.
I’m not an economy major, but I did take some corses. Understand “quantity demanded” is different from “demand”.
You can have a thousand kids that would do anything to visit Disney. If their families don’t have the money, quantity demanded is near zero, but demand is high.
If you have a thousand kids that don’t care much about Disney, but the price is super low, demand is low, but quanitity demanded is high.
One moves the curve, the other moves up the original curve.
I believe Disney is looking at all options to make the most money. I don’t blame them for that. But it seems you want the curve moved only to enhance your experience. I’m not a fan. I don’t want to intentionally drive people out.

We seem to be drifting off topic into a debate. For those who have forgotten, this is the topic:

So with 2020 and 2021 day tickets being sold they are all taken care of. We are now left sitting and wondering when APs might come back to be sold?

Based on my guides response this morning they are saying "at a later date" still for APs.

Polls are inherently popular here

have I missed one on the subject predicting “if/when” APs will be sold again?

Polls are inherently popular here

have I missed one on the subject predicting “if/when” APs will be sold again?

Don't think so.

I can't imagine them removing them completely. Instead you might just seem more limitations regarding them and access to the parks. Right now I would suspect DVC stays and AP holders make up like 95% or more of the crowds.

What options would you even put down to choose as we could create one?

(Allow to choose multiple)
  • Within next 3 months
  • By 2021
  • By 2022
  • No changes to terms
  • Limit on AP entrance daily written in to terms moving forward
  • Additional blackout dates
  • Only valid while staying on site
You would choose when and then if any terms change? Think of any other terms that might change? Also I am thinking you do this specific to DVC.

Don't think so.

I can't imagine them removing them completely. Instead you might just seem more limitations regarding them and access to the parks. Right now I would suspect DVC stays and AP holders make up like 95% or more of the crowds.

What options would you even put down to choose as we could create one?

(Allow to choose multiple)
  • Within next 3 months
  • By 2021
  • By 2022
  • No changes to terms
  • Limit on AP entrance daily written in to terms moving forward
  • Additional blackout dates
  • Only valid while staying on site
You would choose when and then if any terms change? Think of any other terms that might change? Also I am thinking you do this specific to DVC.

I have nothing to base this on other than what’s logical to my pea brain, but I think we’ll see APs back up for sale by ‘21 with no changes to terms. Pricing is a whole other topic though.

sethschroeder - You’ve thought it out more far extensively than me. I was thinking more basically as to when, not if, new AP sales would commence

was thinking they Might offer some sort of new AP lite pass going forward. less expensive with potential surcharge days days (Prime weekends Perhaps?)

One that would only extend the length Of pass in hand vs $ refund, in response to any future park closures.

This was possible even in the Before Times with a private VIP tour:. However, it's more than the $2K you are thinking.
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/disney-world-vip-private-tour/

I would say it's different though because there is physically less people. So when walking down main street it's very different. Also the VIP typically is not going through the park but going through back entrances (although I know you set the itinerary).

For me I am fine with ride waits that have existed. It's more so just having less people and not being jammed in.

As an example I will take the worst parade view location for the simple fact that no one is standing on top of me.

It is what it is and Disney can choose to do what they wish. I will adjust and schedule trips to when the lowest crowds will likely occur.

I am also the one who thinks resort restaurants should have tables that are not available for ADRs. With that it's another one where many times I just take what we can get spur of the moment (it's how I found biergarten actually last trip and was a great time).

My point was that Disney does not view this as an either/or. If you want to spend more for an exclusive experience, Disney will let you, but not at the expense of a more mass-market product. Discovery Cove might be a better example of what you are thinking, and even there it is not completely separate from Sea World and Aquatica.

My point was that Disney does not view this as an either/or. If you want to spend more for an exclusive experience, Disney will let you, but not at the expense of a more mass-market product. Discovery Cove might be a better example of what you are thinking, and even there it is not completely separate from Sea World and Aquatica.

I mean its not what I am looking for though is my point. Like I have said in the past on price increase threads I would pay 2x for the tickets to have 1/2 the crowd.

Disney is rarely ever running at full capacity (only couple times with full entrance closure) and chooses its ticket price to maximize profit in the end. I am just making a general statement.

All of this comes down to price increases and park limitations that they feel they need to maintain. They already have different pools of total people allowed to enter between AP, Hotel, Day Pass. Disney will do their thing and I will look to see what is the best deal out of the options I am presented for the experience I would choose to have.

Right now getting an AP Pass through DVC looks to be the best cost savings measure based on my travel with the fallback being tickets from a 3rd party supplier that are discounted.

I mean its not what I am looking for though is my point. Like I have said in the past on price increase threads I would pay 2x for the tickets to have 1/2 the crowd.
I'm not sure that works for Disney, though. You might pay double for tickets, but you won't be eating twice as many meals each day, or staying in twice as many hotel rooms each night. But those restaurants and hotels are already there. The entire resort is sized for a certain market and capacity. Refactoring that to target a market that is significantly smaller but with higher per-caps will take time and effort and may mean some bad existing investments that will have to be written off.

That's not to say they won't ever try. There were already rumblings about this sort of thing for the past few years when Iger would talk about cutting attendance in favor of better overall guest satisfaction (and, presumably, higher per-cap revenue). He'd always been at least a little circumspect about it, but the comments have been buried in the quarterly results calls for maybe a few years now.

And, such a strategy could work in the long run if carried farther. For example, they could re-balance dining service capacity to have a higher mix of table vs. counter service, close (some of) the lower-end hotels etc. I don't think they try unless they think they have to, though.

Well sounds like we are looking at October for the next "predictions".

Also the rumor of something exciting coming to DVC membership soon (via the blue card increase thread) maybe means a slight change who knows.

Fingers cross for those with the first of multiple trips coming up.

Not really. People did get 5 months added. I didnt choose the refund because the extension is now covering 4 trips and allows me to not have to renew until next Spring vs in December.
We had planned to use our APs for 2 more trips this summer, but have reluctantly decided to pass until 2021. We took the other option - to cancel - because our AP extension would expire 5 days before our spring break trip. 🤦‍♀️

i have trips booked for March, May, June, with possibly September and November tied to cruises. I stopped stressing about having no tickets. I plan to have resort trips and if an ap comes out, then that’s ok. march is a must to use my banked DVC points. Most trips depend on if a cruise happens too.
I have taken your approach as well. On the bright side - our 4-yo's AP was several months out of sync with the rest of the family, because of when our trips were and when she turned 3. It made our last round of AP renewals a big pain in the ***. Now we'll be able to all be in sync again.

When I was calling to cancel our APs, the CM I spoke to (I know, take it with a grain chunk of salt) basically said to wait until October and see what the news is. The general idea was that they wanted to clear out/clarify who's renewing, canceling and keeping the current round of APs before adding a while bunch into the system. I expressed some concern with park pass availability if we waited that long, and they suggested that guests staying on property would not be blocked from a park. (Unclear whether it means "would be able to get into A park any day of their stay," or "would be able to get into a park of their choice ...") So, anyway, if we actually manage to go in 2021, I think I'll be happy with what happens, even if we don't know everything 180+10 days in advance.

We had planned to use our APs for 2 more trips this summer, but have reluctantly decided to pass until 2021. We took the other option - to cancel - because our AP extension would expire 5 days before our spring break trip. 🤦‍♀️

I have taken your approach as well. On the bright side - our 4-yo's AP was several months out of sync with the rest of the family, because of when our trips were and when she turned 3. It made our last round of AP renewals a big pain in the ***. Now we'll be able to all be in sync again.

When I was calling to cancel our APs, the CM I spoke to (I know, take it with a grain chunk of salt) basically said to wait until October and see what the news is. The general idea was that they wanted to clear out/clarify who's renewing, canceling and keeping the current round of APs before adding a while bunch into the system. I expressed some concern with park pass availability if we waited that long, and they suggested that guests staying on property would not be blocked from a park. (Unclear whether it means "would be able to get into A park any day of their stay," or "would be able to get into a park of their choice ...") So, anyway, if we actually manage to go in 2021, I think I'll be happy with what happens, even if we don't know everything 180+10 days in advance.

i agree. Hopefully APs come back and the price is still within reach. After becoming the family expert at booking everything, I now feel like we have to learn a whole new way of visiting. I’m lucky because universal studios handled their AP Holders on a case by case. Taking into account our age, health and non residence they let us pause our passes to be restarted when we felt safe to return. I had 8 months on our pass, so they are paused now. No timeframe when we have to start them. I was very impressed with them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter