The Edison: yea or nay?

wdw&sonny

DIS Veteran
I have reservations for The Edison in September. I have seen only a few reviews, generally not favorable. I am not excited. Talk me into or out of keeping the reservation.

For this trip, we are also going to Skipper Canteen, HBD and Sanaa, if that helps you.
I welcome suggestions for alternatives at DS.

I have reservations for The Edison in September. I have seen only a few reviews, generally not favorable. I am not excited. Talk me into or out of keeping the reservation.

For this trip, we are also going to Skipper Canteen, HBD and Sanaa, if that helps you.
I welcome suggestions for alternatives at DS.
I have not been to the Edison but I did have dinner at Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel. The food was excellent. I had the Nonna's Paccheri - large pasta tubes, braised shortrib, meatballs and sausage in tomato gravy topped with Nonna's fonduta (cream and cheese sauce) $28 and the tiramisu. Can't wait to go back.

Nay. Great building - very little in it.
Better options? Dolphin-Swan: Shula's, Il Mullino. No DDP, they both take TIW.

We enjoyed it once, but we probably won't go back.
Food was okay, but expensive for what it was.

Without knowing much about the OP's taste and preferences, it is hard to advise for or against. I enjoyed the grilled cheese and tomato soup entree at Edison's, and want to go back there for a chicken salad lunch and the cheesecake pops dessert.

House of Blues also looks good, and I enjoy the entertainment at Raglan Road.

I had the grilled cheese and tomato soup. It was okay....average, but at $20!! Not worth it

I had a reservation for October and cancelled. I liked the idea of the entertainment but decided to eat elsewhere because the menu is so meh.

I just watched a review on the place today because we were trying to decide if we wanted to go or not. Dis actually did a review of drinks and appetizers ( I can't remember how long ago ) but they raved about how good it was. It's expensive but they liked the drinks AND the food. We decided to give it a try.

We went on Sunday to celebrate a birthday...its a one-and-done for us. The atmosphere is really cool, the drinks are good but expensive, and the food is totally meh. We ordered a chili dog, a greek salad with chicken, and to drink an old fashioned and a drink called the Port Canaveral.

Total bill: $75!!! FOR A SALAD, A HOT DOG AND 2 DRINKS!!! :worried: Not worth it... there are much better places at Disney Springs to have better food!!!

Yay to the cocktails and wine/beer list, super nay to the food. It's not that great and is real overpriced.

There are too many great places in DS to waste a meal or even HH food at The Edison.

We have reservations there this August for dinner-we thought we'd give it a try, since it's on the dining plan-Tim Tracker has a video of it too-
This trip we're trying to hit some restaurants we haven't been before, also trying Paddlefish for the first time.

All of these reviews have me worried. I was going to try to get Homecomin' again but couldn't get the time I needed so I booked The Edison. I got myself pumped up about the candied bacon and tomato soup and grilled cheese. Now I'm not so excited.

I made a reservation for us in August but after watching some dining volgs on Youtube and checking out the menu I switched it to Art Smith's Homecomin. I think the atmosphere would be great if our party was full of adults and we were going after say...10pm. I've heard they have a totally different atmosphere at that time. I'm actually glad I made the switch, looking at the dining videos of Homecomin the food looks soooo yummy. Can't wait!

We went on Sunday to celebrate a birthday...its a one-and-done for us. The atmosphere is really cool, the drinks are good but expensive, and the food is totally meh. We ordered a chili dog, a greek salad with chicken, and to drink an old fashioned and a drink called the Port Canaveral.

Total bill: $75!!! FOR A SALAD, A HOT DOG AND 2 DRINKS!!! :worried: Not worth it... there are much better places at Disney Springs to have better food!!!
O. M. G.

That included a $5 upcharge to add chicken to the Greek salad. I didn't think that was too bad, until the tiny $16 salad arrived with the $5 chicken, which was not an entire chicken breast but 4 small slivers of grilled chicken; totaling $21. It was sad :(
The margins they must make on their food and booze!!

All of these reviews have me worried. I was going to try to get Homecomin' again but couldn't get the time I needed so I booked The Edison. I got myself pumped up about the candied bacon and tomato soup and grilled cheese. Now I'm not so excited.

We have reservations for The Edison for our September trip this year specifically for the candied bacon. We also did Homecoming last year and I was not impressed with my food and would not go again. My point being, go and try it for yourself. The reviews are just different perspectives so don't let that deter you from trying something you're pumped about...you may like it. We have the DP so we decided were going to go for the bacon regardless and if we don't see anything on the menu that we want to eat, we'll just pay OOP for the bacon and use the TS credit somewhere else.

We have reservations for The Edison for our September trip this year specifically for the candied bacon. We also did Homecoming last year and I was not impressed with my food and would not go again. My point being, go and try it for yourself. The reviews are just different perspectives so don't let that deter you from trying something you're pumped about...you may like it. We have the DP so we decided were going to go for the bacon regardless and if we don't see anything on the menu that we want to eat, we'll just pay OOP for the bacon and use the TS credit somewhere else.
You are probably right. I just had the opposite experience at Homecomin'. We absolutely loved it! I was pretty shocked when a glitch caused me not to be able to get my reservation, and by the time it was fixed, there was nothing available. I may keep checking though. One other thing I like about Homecomin' is my DVC discount that I don't think I get at The Edison. And with the high prices everyone is talking about, it would be nice to have a discount!

We (myself, DW, and DD13) went in May and thought it was alright. The restaurant itself and the atmosphere were really cool. The food was average. I enjoyed the soup and found the grilled cheese sandwich to be alright. DD had the Edison burger and said it was an average burger....nothing special but she'd order it again. As far as cost goes, while $20 for a soup and grilled cheese or a $19 burger sounds kind of expensive, a TS meal for around $20 anywhere at Disney or Disney Springs is fairly cheap. I couldn't bring myself to order the bacon app though....4 slices of bacon for $15 wasn't going to happen.

Well, I chickened out. I happened to check to see if there were any reservations for Homecomin' and lo and behold there was the exact time I wanted. I had to cancel The Edison to book it. Honestly, the only thing I will miss about eating at The Edison is the bacon app. I would be willing to pay $15 to try such a unique app, but I guess I won't on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter