The Edison: yea or nay?

You'll love Homecomin. Recommend appetizers and splitting a meal and a dessert, and you'll still be stuffed.

You'll love Homecomin. Recommend appetizers and splitting a meal and a dessert, and you'll still be stuffed.
Oh if you are referring to my post, I know I’ll love Homecomin’. It is one of my DH’s and my favorite restaurants in Disney property. We love the fried green tomatoes for an app and then splitting the chicken and donuts. Delicious!

Just wish I can try that candied bacon. Oh well.

I think you will be happy with the change. We tried The Edison in April and it was mediocre Everything was fine but nothing was memorable or anything we will rush back for.

We (myself, DW, and DD13) went in May and thought it was alright. The restaurant itself and the atmosphere were really cool. The food was average. I enjoyed the soup and found the grilled cheese sandwich to be alright. DD had the Edison burger and said it was an average burger....nothing special but she'd order it again. As far as cost goes, while $20 for a soup and grilled cheese or a $19 burger sounds kind of expensive, a TS meal for around $20 anywhere at Disney or Disney Springs is fairly cheap. I couldn't bring myself to order the bacon app though....4 slices of bacon for $15 wasn't going to happen.

This. STUNNING building... but currently an Empty Suit :(. That building will be a WONDERFUL structure, when a real SIG moves in.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Like many, we have food allergies in our family. Generally, we have found it best to dine only at Disney owned restaurants. For example, we have had sub-par experiences at Yak & Yeti, T-Rex, and Bongos -- none of these are owned by Disney.

Does anyone have any food allergy experiences they can share about the non-Disney owned Edison?

Many thanks!

It's a nay from me. Atmosphere is great, but that's where it ends. Enzo's Hideaway is much better imo. I wanted to LOVE the Edison....it let me down big time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter