The fine line between crazy and insane....kickin' asphalt on the way to Goofy '08

:goodvibes YAY!!! I'm so excited that we are getting super close to marathon weekend!!!! Thanks to everyone who has stopped by and wished me well! Now that all the holiday happenings are over...I am in full Disney focus! :)

What have I been up to since last I posted? I managed to run 5 Miles on Thursday (Treadmill...which kills my knees), walked 5 Miles on Saturday, did a bunch of pilates throughout the week and ran my 10 miler on Sunday at exactly a 10 mpm. Yesterday I set out to do 4 miles as per the plan....and I really took my time so I could get as much run time in as 4 miles allows :).

Later today I plan to hit the ski machine for 30 minutes...and do a bit more pilates.

My fitness goals for 2008 are as follows:

1. Survive Goofy!!!! :goofy:
2. Run two Half Marathons...Disneyland here we come!! :earsboy:
3. Train for another Full Marathon and finish in under 4:30 ;). Arizona? WDW again? time will tell..although somebody I know wants to run the entire elite series in 2009 so Arizona looks likely!!! :sunny:
4. Complete a sprint triathlon *maybe*....I can bike, run and swim. But I'm not really good at any of them! :laughing: Actually...the swimming part will be the hardest for me as I haven't swam competitively in....ummmm.....27 years. Good lord! :eek:
5. Add more biking, yoga and additional cardio to my training week.
6. Try to maintain a running base of 18-20 miles/week during non-training periods. Yikes!
7. Continue to get trained and certified in Pilates!!!

Wow...that's a whole bunch of goals. :confused3 I think they are all attainable as long as I don't get lazy after the marathon. Having a lot of races planned is the key to my success!!!

Thanks again for being so supportive of my training this year. I'm in such a better place before this years' race. I wish you all the best in 2008!!! :grouphug: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Amy -- I am so in awe of all you have accomplished this year. You should be so proud of yourself! You are one of the very few people I know who isn't actually goofy to be going Goofy. I know you can do it! Can't wait to see you WDW!!! Stay safe and well until we are all together at the FINISH line! :grouphug:

All I can say is WOW! :worship: Look at all those goals! You have come so far this year from where you were last year. You set the goal for yourself, trained hard and Smart! I'm so proud of you. I know that no matter what you put your mind to, you will accomplish.

I was just sitting here talking to my sister on the phone about this 5K here in one week and I was thinking about the May 5K and maybe working toward a 1/2 marathon and honestly doubting myself because I hate running. It's hard, but I do what I can so I can complete the 5K and lose weight. Just by looking at what you've accomplished this year and what your plans are for next year is just amazing. You are so dedicated and that is awesome. It really makes me feel like if I decide to pursue a distance further than a 5K, that I can do it.

You really are a great inspiration to some of out here. Thanks so much for continuting to share your journey with us! I know you will be very successful in 2008!

See you in about a week! I can't wait!!!

Stacie

Hi Amy :wave:

Wait a minute, I thought you didn't like running? :rotfl:

Awesome, awesome job with everything you've accomplished in '07 and here's to a great '08!!

Thank you so much for being so supportive of me. I wish you the best of luck in 2008 with all of your goals. With your determination and drive, ANYTHING you set out to accomplish is well within reach.

Thanks again for everything Amy :hug:

Hi Amy,

You have accomplished so much in 2007 that I know your 2008 goals can be accomplished. You have trained hard for the goofy, and you are healthy. You will rock this race.

Take care of yourself,
Beth

Hi, Amy. I don't think you and lazy could ever belong in the same sentence! I am SURE that you can accomplish every goal you have set for yourself because you are that type of person. I can tell by your posts that you are SO READY for this Goofy thing, girl! I wish I could be there to cheer you on, but know that I am there in spirit - my heart is with you, and I know you will do GREAT!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I wanted to get the Pilates for Dummies DVD and use it for core training, but right now I am having to watch my pennies, so I'm going to have to hold off on that one. My daughter has a set of three DVD's that teach bellydancing, though, and I think I might give that a shot. It seems to me that would be a great core workout! Of course, I will probably look so funny trying to bellydance that I could market myself as a comedy show and sell admission. Hey, maybe that would raise some money to get my plumbing fixed! :laughing: Anyway, I will let you know how it goes.

Hope you have a wonderful day.:hug:

Susan

Hi Amy,

You have accomplished so much in 2007 that I know your 2008 goals can be accomplished. You have trained hard for the goofy, and you are healthy. You will rock this race.

Take care of yourself,
Beth

I couldn't have said it better myself. :goodvibes Amy, I'm super proud of you, girl. Take care and ENJOY your healthiness this time at the WDW races!! I don't suppose you or Scott are gonna carry a camera, huh? :confused3 :rolleyes1 Just a thought. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Wishing you a WONDERFUL 2008!! :love:

Hey Amy!

Reading your goals for 2008 is truly motivating for me. I realize that I need to set goals for myself and stick to them! You are amazing, and I hope you realize how much of an inspiration you are to people here! Keep up the amazing work, and I truly believe that you will meet all your goals in 2008!

We should try to run a local race together sometime soon, and I definetely want to do some training runs with you some time as well!

We are almost there!!!

Yes :) We'll get pictures for sure Kimmy!

Been keeping up on my training the past few days. Taught and did some pilates of course :). I ran 4 miles on Tuesday, did the ski machine on Wed, the elliptical on Thurs (wayyyy too chilly to run outside) and ran 3 miles yesterday. I may try to get out for a walk today OR I'll just do the pilates and call it a day.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! :sunny:

GETTING SO CLOSE NOW!!!!! :goodvibes :banana:

Laurie, Stacie, Scott, Kim, Cam, Susan, Linda, Tracy, Beth
and anyone I forgot: Thanks for saying so many kind things and being SOOOO supportive of me the past months. :grouphug: You are great friends and have really helped me with training!! YOU guys are the inspiration that keeps ME going. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

LAST LONG RUN BEFORE THE BIG RACE!!!!

Good luck with your run tomorrow :goodvibes: stay injury free :)

See ya' in a few days!!

Amy,
In case I don't get a chance to post again before you leave I wanted to say GOOD LUCK! I am sure you will do well.The weather looks awesome next weekend.I can't wait to hear from everyone about it when you all get back. I am so psyched for all of you.

And as far as inspiration goes, you inspire me everytime I read your posts.It keeps me going out there.It is amazing how even strangers can motivate each other. I hope all you guys who say you are not going back next year change your minds.

Take care,
Linda

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Wooooohoooooo!!! The last long run is in the books!! Only one more short run on Tuesday and then it's Florida time baby!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Amy,

I am so proud of you!:hug: You have accomplished so much in the past couple of years. I can't wait to hear all about the Goofy! You and Scott are gonna rock it!:rockband: We'll be cheering you on from Ohio!:cheer2:

Laurie, Stacie, Scott, Kim, Cam, Susan, Linda, Tracy, Beth
and anyone I forgot: Thanks for saying so many kind things and being SOOOO supportive of me the past months. :grouphug: You are great friends and have really helped me with training!! YOU guys are the inspiration that keeps ME going. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Aw, shucks... (blushing :goodvibes ) I don't know what kind of inspiration you get from me, but that was a very nice comment! I can only hope one day to as inspirational as you! You have really done an outstanding job this year! You should be so proud of yourself. I don't know how you fit it all in, but it seems you do. How much sleep do you get???

Hope you had a great weekend and great long run!!!
Stacie

Hi Amy,

I am not sure that I will be back on the boards before you leave. I want to wish you luck on the races. You have trained hard, and you are healthy. This is your year, and you are going to amaze yourself. I'll be cheering from Michigan. I have a really big mouth, so you may actually hear me.

Have a safe trip and a great time.
Beth

Hi, Amy. I wasn't sure when you were leaving for Florida, so I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed following your training leading up to the Goofy and that I will be there with you guys in spirit! I know you are going to do SO AWESOME and I hope you have a WONDERFUL time! Please remember to post as soon as you walk in the door :goodvibes afterwards and let us know all the details.

I hate to be repetitive, but I just wanted to thank you for all the inspiration, motivation, encouragement, support, concern, caring, and genuine fellow feeling you have shown to me since I started journaling here in September. In spite of injury, illness and my house conspiring against me;) I am still here, and it is due in large part to you (and some others here like you) who have helped me understand that this is about the big picture and that allowing life's trials to stop you from doing what you need to do is unacceptable. I especially like your quotes - they are always so motivational! :thumbsup2

Have a good day - and a great trip!:hug:

Susan

Hey Amy--just wanted to drop in and say that I hope you have a safe trip down to WDW on thursday! Can't wait to see you on Friday at Pecos Bills!!!

:cool1: :cool1:

I can't believe it is finally here!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter