• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Our Genie day was interesting and really thrown off by using our first pass for the parade. Seems like a terrible use, but what other rides are 15 minutes long? 🤣 I had been planning Jungle Cruise as first ride. Unfortunately by the time 11am rolled around, JC was too far into the night for us, probably after 9:30, so i skipped and selected Peter Pan for 5:30-6:30. Thought we’d have enough time to get back from dinner, but we got back maybe 30 minutes late. They let us on as I mentioned we had the dining reservation. We also selected Buzz, Dumbo and Magic Carpets, but didn’t use buzz or magic carpets. I also got a ILL$ for 7dmt for 9pm. Being offsite, earliest available was too close to fireworks show, so I chose a bit later to give me time to get there. Ride broke down as I sat down in the train car so they kicked us out and had us wait. Took about 15 minutes to get going. Almost left the line as I knew the family was getting antsy to leave. Fortunately it started back up. Second time riding for me. It’s such a fun ride.

we also did Small World and Little Mermaid standby. Iasw posted a 60 minute wait but we were on in 20. LM was posted 30, took 20. We also watched the hall of Presidents show and found a spot by sleepy hallow for the fireworks. Not the best spot for viewing projections, but fun anyway.

I think the longer park hours and extra selections (parade and space mountain) have been helpful for better availability. Unfortunately, my family isn’t much for thrill so I had to stay on the lighter side of rides today, but I still saw availability for most rides at some point after 11am

Can someone give us some insight on getting Remy on Christmas day? We don't mind paying for a lightening lane. But, what is the best strategy? Try for the virtual queue at 7, and if we don't get it, immediately buy a lightening lane pass? Do they go fast, as in, if I am not super quick we won't be able to buy one?

It’s packed here now and I was able to get BG 27 on 12/21. It really helps to have a seconds hand on your phone. I used my Apple Watch. 👍🏻

Can someone give us some insight on getting Remy on Christmas day? We don't mind paying for a lightening lane. But, what is the best strategy? Try for the virtual queue at 7, and if we don't get it, immediately buy a lightening lane pass? Do they go fast, as in, if I am not super quick we won't be able to buy one?
I just got BG 8. Was really quick if you have your party set and you’re at the refresh screen before 7, then refresh as soon as your phone changes to 7. Just one more button after that, join virtual queue. Pretty easy. But also, 5 minutes after 7, the ILL$ was only out to 1pm

Going to share my experience on Tuesday 21, which was the super rainy day. We rope dropped ROTR. We were first group at entry tapstile. We were worried about trying to book G+ at 7:00, but thry said they would open gates at 7:03 to allow people to book LL before the craziness started.

We had 2 of us on at 7:00 and secured G+ for MFSR for 9:50 but failed to get a ROTR ILL because the early times I picked kept being gone. They then opened the gates and we hoofed it through the pouring rain to ROTR. We were the second group to make it to the ride, and I tried refreshing at the 10 minute mark (huge thank you to this board for that info). Was successful in getting 11:50 return time during refresh.

Of course we were super stoked to be among the first ones in line for ROTR, but at 7:30 they told us the ride was down and turned us all out into the rain. Huge let down, as we now lost our early advantage.

We trudged through rain to TOT, got in a line that looked like about 30 minutes. Then the announced the ride was down.

Feeling rather defeated, we booked it over to RNR, where luckily we only waited about 10 minutes. By the time we were out, the mass crowds were in the park and the line was up to 45 minutes. Next we rode Star Tours walk-on.

We waited 25 minutes for TSMM then got a snack at Ronto Roasters before tapping in to our MFSR. Pulled next G+ at 10:30 for TOT at 12:10. (I think I had to refresh once or twice to get this time.)

Watched Muppet Vision walk-on to stay warm and dry, then explored Galaxy's Edge shops a bit before riding ROTR. Very glad we had refreshed to snag an ILL even though we thought we were getting to ride with rope drop. It was good and there were some amazing moments, but we are not sure it's totally worth the hype. (Still good enough that we bought it again for tonight.)

Pulled our next G+ at 12:30 for Soarin at 7:20, rode TOT G+, and headed back to hotel via Skyliner to dry off and rest before Space 220 lunch at 2:35.

At 2:30, got G+ for Space Ship Earth at 6:45 and went back to hotel after lunch to rest & do laundry.

Headed back to Epcot for our G+ and Crepery dinner. Rode SSE, then headed to Soarin, but it broke down & we ditched the line after a while to make our dinner ressie, which ended up being 30 minutes behind anyway 🙄. Enjoyed Crepery, then headed back to hotel.

We have had reasonable success with LL/G+ At Epcot - basically, yes. Try for a BG for Remy, if you don’t get it then pay for ILL. We did it yesterday and today and had no trouble - you do want to be on right before 7, though.

Today we were at EP from 10am - 4:45pm and did:
7am: Remy BG in low 60s, TT at 2:05

1:25 - tapped into MS, booked SE for 3:10
Rode MS Orange. Thankful for Dramamine.
2:10ish - tapped into TT
while waiting for TT, refreshed to see that Remy BG has been call….. but we are Sooo close to SE.
3:10ish - tapped in to SE
(potty break, popcorn break, DH and ODD got lost heading in the wrong direction after potty)
3:50isn - tapped in to Remy

Sounds like a decent day!
Have you ever been on MS:Orange before/ I always want to try but I am nervous. does Dramamine knock you out cold?

How late were you for Remy? I have heard you can go anytime after your boarding group is called? do you think the wait was worth it over purchasing LL$?

Going to share my experience on Tuesday 21, which was the super rainy day. We rope dropped ROTR. We were first group at entry tapstile. We were worried about trying to book G+ at 7:00, but thry said they would open gates at 7:03 to allow people to book LL before the craziness started.

We had 2 of us on at 7:00 and secured G+ for MFSR for 9:50 but failed to get a ROTR ILL because the early times I picked kept being gone. They then opened the gates and we hoofed it through the pouring rain to ROTR. We were the second group to make it to the ride, and I tried refreshing at the 10 minute mark (huge thank you to this board for that info). Was successful in getting 11:50 return time during refresh.

Of course we were super stoked to be among the first ones in line for ROTR, but at 7:30 they told us the ride was down and turned us all out into the rain. Huge let down, as we now lost our early advantage.

We trudged through rain to TOT, got in a line that looked like about 30 minutes. Then the announced the ride was down.

Feeling rather defeated, we booked it over to RNR, where luckily we only waited about 10 minutes. By the time we were out, the mass crowds were in the park and the line was up to 45 minutes. Next we rode Star Tours walk-on.

We waited 25 minutes for TSMM then got a snack at Ronto Roasters before tapping in to our MFSR. Pulled next G+ at 10:30 for TOT at 12:10. (I think I had to refresh once or twice to get this time.)

Watched Muppet Vision walk-on to stay warm and dry, then explored Galaxy's Edge shops a bit before riding ROTR. Very glad we had refreshed to snag an ILL even though we thought we were getting to ride with rope drop. It was good and there were some amazing moments, but we are not sure it's totally worth the hype. (Still good enough that we bought it again for tonight.)

Pulled our next G+ at 12:30 for Soarin at 7:20, rode TOT G+, and headed back to hotel via Skyliner to dry off and rest before Space 220 lunch at 2:35.

At 2:30, got G+ for Space Ship Earth at 6:45 and went back to hotel after lunch to rest & do laundry.

Headed back to Epcot for our G+ and Crepery dinner. Rode SSE, then headed to Soarin, but it broke down & we ditched the line after a while to make our dinner ressie, which ended up being 30 minutes behind anyway 🙄. Enjoyed Crepery, then headed back to hotel.

Wow, what a bummer with the rain and rides going down. Here's hoping your other days went smoothly!! Sounds like a bunch of bad luck!

This is another reason I love Epcot resort Area, when things get shut down for rain/heat you have other options as lots of future world is indoors (except TT)

Our Genie day was interesting and really thrown off by using our first pass for the parade. Seems like a terrible use, but what other rides are 15 minutes long? 🤣 I had been planning Jungle Cruise as first ride. Unfortunately by the time 11am rolled around, JC was too far into the night for us, probably after 9:30, so i skipped and selected Peter Pan for 5:30-6:30. Thought we’d have enough time to get back from dinner, but we got back maybe 30 minutes late. They let us on as I mentioned we had the dining reservation. We also selected Buzz, Dumbo and Magic Carpets, but didn’t use buzz or magic carpets. I also got a ILL$ for 7dmt for 9pm. Being offsite, earliest available was too close to fireworks show, so I chose a bit later to give me time to get there. Ride broke down as I sat down in the train car so they kicked us out and had us wait. Took about 15 minutes to get going. Almost left the line as I knew the family was getting antsy to leave. Fortunately it started back up. Second time riding for me. It’s such a fun ride.

we also did Small World and Little Mermaid standby. Iasw posted a 60 minute wait but we were on in 20. LM was posted 30, took 20. We also watched the hall of Presidents show and found a spot by sleepy hallow for the fireworks. Not the best spot for viewing projections, but fun anyway.

I think the longer park hours and extra selections (parade and space mountain) have been helpful for better availability. Unfortunately, my family isn’t much for thrill so I had to stay on the lighter side of rides today, but I still saw availability for most rides at some point after 11am

Thank you for sharing! We will be there next week and I was starting to regret staying offsite. As long as we can do some rides, this will work well for our crew. We never get to do everything anyways since neither my husband or kids have much patience. It sucks that so many LL passes are well into the afternoon/evening since it's more crowded, but we will deal with what we have!

LL was invaluable today, which was jam-packed everywhere. 15yo son and I started at AK today, rope dropped FOP, walked on Navi, rode EE 2x. Then met up with hubby and 20yo daughter (sleeping in) for LL for Safari, standby Dinosaur & and Bugs Life. We Lunched at Yak & Yeti. Then went to 2nd LL for EE. Rest break at hotel at 1:30. By the time we returned to MK at 5:30 pm had stacked LL for Space, BTMRR, HM, Pirates, and Splash. Plus had out BOG dinner. Just pulling into hotel at 11pm. The lines for everything all day were pretty insane. We did not wait for anything. Could not have done it w/o G+. Still hate how inflexible it is, though.

How were you able to stack 5 LL before arriving at MK after using 2 at DAK, including one after lunch?

Thank you for sharing! We will be there next week and I was starting to regret staying offsite. As long as we can do some rides, this will work well for our crew. We never get to do everything anyways since neither my husband or kids have much patience. It sucks that so many LL passes are well into the afternoon/evening since it's more crowded, but we will deal with what we have!
Story of my life. I want to run around to all the rides and my wife is all slow down, no one does it all in one day! Haha. 😂🤣

it’s been fun. The extra hours have made it easier to grab ILL$ and I’m thankful for that. For G+ rides, I have refreshed for later rides at 7am because I knew we wouldn’t get there on time for morning hours

Going to WDW Dec 25-30 (I know it will be cra cra!) - but have two questions with Individual Lightening Lane - ILL:

- RoR - when should be book this? At 7AM if for Dec 25 - I don't want return time to be "too early" we won't get to HS until 1PM or noon? Can we book from Ohio before leaving (I think the answer is yes but want to sanity check)
- RoR - what is typical return time if booking at 7AM on a "normal" day?
- RoR ILL at Christmas - is it even reasonable we might get this on Dec 25 or another day Christmas week? Or would it take a miracle?

TIA!

Going to WDW Dec 25-30 (I know it will be cra cra!) - but have two questions with Individual Lightening Lane - ILL:

- RoR - when should be book this? At 7AM if for Dec 25 - I don't want return time to be "too early" we won't get to HS until 1PM or noon? Can we book from Ohio before leaving (I think the answer is yes but want to sanity check)
- RoR - what is typical return time if booking at 7AM on a "normal" day?
- RoR ILL at Christmas - is it even reasonable we might get this on Dec 25 or another day Christmas week? Or would it take a miracle?

TIA!

You can only book at 7am if you're on on-site guest. It looks like they've been lasting until about 7:30 last couple of days. Off-site hasn't had a look in since the 12th. https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/hollywood-studios/starwarsriseoftheresistance/

We just got back, only had 6 days so we ended up buying genie+ and found it more helpful than we anticipated. We actually talked about a longer trip in May and whether or not we would try what you are describing. So I'm asking you what you ended up doing and how it worked out for you? thanks
We are back from our 10 day trip and did not purchase genie+ at all. The first time through the parks we did a lot of the attractions that we wanted to do. The second time through the parks we did more things we wanted to do and some things for a second or third time. The last two days we went to the MK and Epcot for a third time and just did stuff that was available for short waits. We used early entry and jumping in line just before park close to do some things that tend to have long wait times during the day. We did get virtual passes for Ratatouille 3 Epcot days. We did not do Rise as it seemed to be down quite often during out DHS days.

Heading down in January with the family...4 of us. The wife and I will be using one MDE account. The kids (19 and 17) each have one. We are all linked together and plan on park hopping. My questions are:

1. Can the kids be using their phones to make reservations for us in the same park at the same time my wife and I are? That is, if one of them gets a better time, we go with that?
2. Can one of the kids use their MDE app to search for LLs at the park we want to hop to while we are searching for stuff in the park we are currently in?

Thanks in advance.

How were you able to stack 5 LL before arriving at MK after using 2 at DAK, including one after lunch?
AK opened at 8am, which is earliest open time. MK closed at 11pm, which was latest closing time. So we had max hours to stack. We tapped into Safari shortly after 9am, so we're able to choose again immediately rather than wait until 10, so picked Everest. Then we were eligible for next LL choice shortly after 11. That's when we got Space Mtn and just continued stacking every two hours just after 1, 3, 5, 7. Our final LL was for Splash at 10:10 and not really needed, since the line was short anyway by that time, especially because it was cooler yesterday.

Sounds like a decent day!
Have you ever been on MS:Orange before/ I always want to try but I am nervous. does Dramamine knock you out cold?

How late were you for Remy? I have heard you can go anytime after your boarding group is called? do you think the wait was worth it over purchasing LL$?
We were just barely within the 1 hour call-back, so I don't know if there's a 15 minute grace period. We had a conflicting ADR, so were crossing our fingers that they would still let us in if we were late, but we made it just in the nick of time. Sorry I can't offer any info on whether they let you in layer than 1 hour from call.

It’s packed here now and I was able to get BG 27 on 12/21. It really helps to have a seconds hand on your phone. I used my Apple Watch. 👍🏻
Yes, definitely waych the clock. My 15 yo son worked the "boarding group button-pushing" this morning and actually snagged boarding group #1. I was shocked. He just basically sat on the page and continually pushed the button like a crazy person until it came up. Boarding group 1 right at opening was walk-on!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter