The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

Teamubr,

I'm glad your wife has invited her friend. It was a hit having your niece and fiancee last year.

I mean, she could stay in your West Wing of the Teamubr Castle Trailer for days and you would probably never know she was there. :crazy:

Look forward to all of ya'll getting down to Gulf after Ian walks across the stage.

Bama Ed

Speaking of add ons...

My wife has informed me today she has invited our 15 y/o nephew to tag along. Last year it was his sister...then my sister and niece showed up...

I'm gonna start charging admission if this continues.

Oh yeah, Winn Dixie had racks of ribs on sale this weekend on buy 1 get 1 free special so I picked up 4 racks. Figure I can grill those one evening if any of you are interested.
IMAG1089.jpg

Last edited:
Have just about finished up the resealing on the camper. I've removed, cleaned, and recaulked each of the 4 corner strips. I replaced all the vinyl trim all the way around that sucker as they had begun to loosen and would actually come out while going down the road. Tomorrow I'm on the roof to begin the removal of the old self leveling caulk and spent a small fortune today on 12 tubes of new caulk to replace it. Luckily the stuff comes off easy when you attack it with a heat gun and plastic scraper.

I also purchased two vent covers from Camco so that I can leave the vents open going down the road and when its parked to help with the heat inside.

Getting closer boys and girls...

It is getting closer, tiggerdad. Fer real!

I'll be heading to Gulf State Park this coming Sunday May 21 to put the camper on site #4 because my mom and dad are going to use it for a couple days before I show up. Dear ol' dad, he's all about not having to pay for a 1BR or studio condo at the beach. But he is a good steward of God's green Earth. So I'll be down and back on Sunday (picking up a lunch inside the city limits of Gulf Shores somewheres).

The only fly in the ointment is that this coming weekend is The Hangout Festival for 20- and 30-somethings with excess cash flow to come to the beach and hear bands down at the T where Highway 59 meets the beach highway. When we were down last year after the Festival folks had gone home, I asked the waiters and waitresses wherever we ate about the crowds the previous week (festival folks). The answer usually started with an eye roll. :rolleyes: The festival runs into Sunday afternoon but Gulf has a 2pm checkout time so I'm hoping I can get in and out with no problem.

DW and I are looking forward to it.

Bama Ed

I also purchased two vent covers from Camco so that I can leave the vents open going down the road and when its parked to help with the heat inside.

Yes this is also on my list of things to do. I have to order mine, so that when we pick up the trailer I can install them. I like that i can leave the vents open then to relieve so of the heat inside the trailer. And if a quick storm hits while out, don't have to worry about getting rain inside either.

Yes this is also on my list of things to do. I have to order mine, so that when we pick up the trailer I can install them. I like that i can leave the vents open then to relieve so of the heat inside the trailer. And if a quick storm hits while out, don't have to worry about getting rain inside either.
Yup... I put one on our new TT last year. It did make a difference... just not as much as I hoped.

It definitely makes a difference though when it's "Raining" out. I love not having to worry about the vent while out if it starts to rain. So much cheaper then some of those "Automatic" vent cover controllers.

Another Jimmy video:

The Bama Breeze

Getting closer. I keep checking the weather. Not gonna jinx us....

ED

Well, lets say its better than it was a few days ago.

If we get desperate we can ask Flametamr to do a Tiki Gods dance of some kind...

ED

ooooo...

Okay, we'll keep that in mind but only go with that option as long as there has been adequate rainfall in the area.

Alright,

1 week to go.

Tie rod end is replaced (vibration is gone)
Mickey sign is ordered (Ian should finish it Monday)
Weather is looking good (after some nasty storms rolled through here last night)

I just have to bring the camper home, get groceries, do laundry (again), pack up the camper, go to Ian's graduation and hit the road.

Maybe I should start sanding on that milk can I bought last Fall and start working on the Mickey light.

j

Dang! Trying to get some bushhogging done on my property prior to us leaving for vacation but thunderstorms have rolled in and dumped a lot of rain.

On the other hand, I get to see how good a job I did with the resealing on the camper.

Ed, be careful tomorrow heading down to GSP. They were giving storms on the coast again.

Ed, be careful tomorrow heading down to GSP. They were giving storms on the coast again.

Yeah, I've seen it. I'm hoping the rain slacks up by tomorrow afternoon (all things being relative) to give me a break of 15 minutes to get set up, the roof popped, the power plugged in, and water hooked up.

I'm going to go down and aim to get there a little after 12 noon, get lunch with DD (my co-pilot), swing by Wal-Mart to get a little liquid libation to leave in the camper's fridge for Mom and Dad, and then head on back. No rush, no schedule.

There is a new route I am going to try so that will be interesting in terms of traffic and spotting new gas locations/prices for both coming and going. I'm nerdy that way.

If I see anything of interest, I'll put it on here.

Bama Ed

There is a new route I am going to try so that will be interesting in terms of traffic and spotting new gas locations/prices for both coming and going. I'm nerdy that way.

I meant to ask you what your new route would be now that you're coming from Tuscaloosa instead of Birmingham

Ed is bringing his camper down tomorrow and his mother and father are going to stay a few days in it prior to our arrival (figure they wanted the calm before the storm). Ed will be coming down next Saturday. I'm actually kinda hoping to get to see Mr. D again before they head out. Maybe they'll still be there Thursday when I come tearing in.

The weather here is anywhere between 80% and 100% rain til this Thursday, we got around 6 inches of rain this evening, I'm about to go ahead and pull my camper out onto my driveway tonight.

I think we got 3" in about 2 hours here Randy. Be sure to spin those tires when you come across the yard with the camper.

I got a call the other day from an old high school friend. He inquired if we were still gonna be camping this coming up weekend as I had mentioned it to them this past January. Looks like I got 4 more folks staying with us for the weekend. That puts me up to 9 people. Think I might be sleeping in the hammock.

Randy told me I'll have to put up the "No vacancy" sign. I think he's right.

I think we got 3" in about 2 hours here Randy. Be sure to spin those tires when you come across the yard with the camper.

I got a call the other day from an old high school friend. He inquired if we were still gonna be camping this coming up weekend as I had mentioned it to them this past January. Looks like I got 4 more folks staying with us for the weekend. That puts me up to 9 people. Think I might be sleeping in the hammock.

Randy told me I'll have to put up the "No vacancy" sign. I think he's right.

Wow, our new fiver may be big, but it only sleeps six, and well unless the nephews join us, it's just us two.

You all can keep the rain in this week. We had enough up here, a few weeks ago.

Ed is bringing his camper down tomorrow and his mother and father are going to stay a few days in it prior to our arrival (figure they wanted the calm before the storm). Ed will be coming down next Saturday.
But how come Ed is coming from Tuscaloosa instead of Birmingham?

And 9 people? That will be cozy.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter