The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

Okay I'm hoping this weather gets done before Saturday so we have a nice weekend to start the week off right but it's delaying my plans. I was supposed to pick up my camper today but a storm moved in over Louisiana. So I will try again tomorrow. Michael I purchased the movie tickets tonight. It shows us in auditorium 9.

On another subject that may help people but not related to this trip. There is a new super Walmart now open on 429 at New Independence Parkway. It will cost a couple of bucks to exit and re-enter the toll road but it's easy on and off and right on the way to the Fort. So you can stop on the way and not have to unhook at the Fort and then go shopping after arriving.

That's a 10-4 on auditorium 9. I grabbed ours and Randy has his for same show. I was upset. I found out Randy got to go to a special movie theater showing of Smokey and the Bandit for its 40th anniversary.

You Scum Bum...

Uh, Jim, Michael has the loosest lips on Camping Board.

"Loose lips sinks ships" need I say more?

Randy, it's so tiny compared to your old one. I think the truck is bigger :-).

Yeah I think your right Kris, just 27 ft and one slide out, I can have the "tiny house" feel without the huge price tag.

Hey Mr. Crabby looks like someone got carried away with the vinyl machine, I got word that you have you initials on the back window of your truck... You need to turn in your man card dude.

You Scum Bum...

That's the PG-13 version

Smokey and the Bandit. What a great movie. I had Sheriff Justice as my avatar for a while. When I was a kid I wondered what was in a Diablo sandwich?

My dad sent me a framed picture of my Aliner.

Michael, you're gonna hit the front end of the beautiful weather window it looks like. Good timing.

Bama Ed

Michael, you're gonna hit the front end of the beautiful weather window it looks like. Good timing.

Yeah, Randy and I are hoping for that good weather there Ed. Of course, arrival day, as I found out last year, is also outlet mall day. That outlet mall is empty on that Thursday and that equals to getting in and out of there faster so I'm gonna jump on the grenade again this year and do that first day.

Randy, I'll touch base with you about arrival day but I in no way would dare dream of dragging you to the outlet mall. I do have one piece of advice: If Ed invites you to follow him to the cheese farm it's a setup. I ain't falling for that one again...
bradyhighv.gif

Maybe Mr. D will still be around and I'll get to say hello before they head out.

Everything but the groceries is loaded in the camper. Tomorrow I'll pick the truck up and get it loaded and hooked up. I work until midnight Wednesday night and plan to get up and out the driveway around 0800
giphy.gif

Got the girls done with school today. Had a kindergarten graduation show for Madison. Put a tear in old Tiggerdad's eye when they were singing "This Little Light of Mine".

Wow. My memory is bad. Randy's coming in Thursday along with Tiggerdad plus Bert and Kris (with the rock stars in tow) as well.

Mom and Dad will be leaving on Friday sometime so ya'll will overlap some. They laugh when people come by the campsite, see the Aliner, then look at their Toyota Camry, and ask if they towed it with that. :teeth:

Michael, I'm might get some pizza cheese for your girls on the way into Gulf Shores on Saturday plus some chocolate fudge cheese but because of that grainy bad gif, :crazy2: I'm gonna have to charge you double.

Dad says it's been breezy but dry and sometimes sunny this afternoon.

Bama Ed

PS - sun's coming out here this evening too. Hopefully it will dry up and I can prep the bikes, load the 'Burban, and get on the road Saturday morning.

PPS - Kris and Bert, you might remember my son you met at the Fort this past January who bonded with Mallory. I'll give you an update on him this weekend.

Last edited:
I'm glad the weather down there is going to be nice. Rain today up here. High tomorrow is going to be a whole 62 with lows in the 40s the next 2 nights. I'm looking for warm weather.

We should be in mid afternoon. We'll be driving to Clarksville, TN on the KY/TN border Saturday after graduation. Google says it's about 8 hours from there. Hopefully I'll be up early and on the road by 7.

j

Michael, I'm might get some pizza cheese for your girls on the way into Gulf Shores on Saturday plus some chocolate fudge cheese but because of that grainy bad gif, :crazy2: I'm gonna have to charge you double.

Yeah it was pretty grainy. Only charging double? Man, I got off easier than I thought.

Thanks Dude!

I was on the way home from Wal-Mart this afternoon and passed Flametamr smoking eastbound I10 with his camper. Glad to see he got it back from the shop.

Micheal, I used your bleach treat on the awning this evening worked like a charm, got just a few things left to load up tomorrow, I will get with you on driving in Thursday, wanna try to catch you around Water St. and run on in together.

I was on the way home from Wal-Mart this afternoon and passed Flametamr smoking eastbound I10 with his camper. Glad to see he got it back from the shop.

Micheal, I used your bleach treat on the awning this evening worked like a charm, got just a few things left to load up tomorrow, I will get with you on driving in Thursday, wanna try to catch you around Water St. and run on in together.

Aight. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

I have noticed this week that my awning is having some trouble rolling back up. Seems to get caught and just "clicks" if I let it out all the way. If you take the broom and help it along just a bit it will roll on up. Think the motor is stripping out. I'll order a replacement after the trip since I am in a well shaded spot I really don't anticipate having to use it as much.

Ed was talking about his memory, I had forgotten about Kris and Burt coming in on Thursday too. For some reason I was thinking Friday.

We have a little family tradition thing going where we always eat at Gulf Island Grill on our first day down. We've done this each time we've stayed in GS since 2008. Also, I don't feel like doing any cooking on arrival day after all the setup and nightmare shopping.

Maybe this year my wife will let me stop at the Coleman outlet...
giphy.gif

(Extra grainy)

Just some random thoughts.
1. Weather channel saying you should have good weather tomorrow through Sunday with Monday not looking so good ( Randy better call Mrs. Tiggerdad and her her make sure she packs his Tutu custom painted slippers to perform Fire Tiki God Sun Dance )
2. Ed your Dads photo of your A-Liner is very impressive. Even more impressive is he found the NSS secret recon and ORP location and made it out alive.
3. Michael this is a Family Friendly arena in the future please restrict comments of that nature to the technical terms
POOPIE/DOODIE head

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter