• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Gulf State Park DISMeet 2017 Thread (aka "The Sequel")

In my head I hear Jerry Reed singing, "Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin' "....... :car:

Kris, sorry to hear you had a bad day.
Ed I thought the same thing then had 2 other thoughts replace it
first Dorothy and company skipping down the yellow brick road singing We're off to see the Wizard
Second Jake and Elwood Saying "No Ma'am we're campers There are 106 miles to GSP we have a full tank of gas half a pack of cigarettes it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses

Last edited:
Hope all of you have a good trip and arrive safe and sound.

Last edited:
Well, this is a pic of my laptop at work. Figures I'd have an involved laceration repair at the end of shift so now I gotta get all my charting done.

Pinch it together, put superglue on it, wrap it in duct tape and take two aspirin. Good as new.

Enjoy the weekend.

Kris' luck seems to have moved north. I'm not sure why everything has to hit the fan on the week before vacation. I had a simple meeting with my VP this morning to bring him up to speed on an issue. That has turned into a 4pm meeting today and a conference call in the morning. Now, the ED staff/residents think the hospital should clothe them in OR scrubs because they had to do something yucky and might get their own clothes dirty.
20 something years as a surgical, burn trauma nurse doing thousands of "yucky" things and I never considered not buying my own scrubs. Grow up people. I'm on vacation in 5... 6 hours.

j

We're in safe and sound. Met up with Southalabama5er on Waters Street in Mobile and blazed a trail in.

Just getting unloaded
1495735213618.jpg

Randy blazing in
IMAG1117.jpg

Gonna finish unloading and head out for some food. Will post up some more in a bit.

I turned into the outlet mall and could swear I felt my wallet kicking me in my right buttock.
The outlet is half full which makes things move faster.
1495744288291.jpg

I'm just moving bench to bench as we make our way around. I did stop in one of the kitchen supply stores to get a new apple corer. Can you say "grilled potato bombs"? I see those on the menu for Saturday evening.

I watched an ambulance pick someone up at one of the stores. He just kept saying "Charge or cash?". Poor guy.

Randy was smart and stayed behind to setup his campsite.

Oh yeah, I did get to see Mr. & Mrs. D over on site 4. Nice folks. Not sure how they got that A liner down here with that Camry though.

Oh well, my wife has returned with more bags so I guess it's time to move on down.

20170525_160140_zpswogf0hu5.jpg

Made it in just behind Tiggerdad, all set up now it's time for some hammock time...
20170525_160244_zps3arzyryg.jpg

So much better than outlet shopping...

You guys are making me jealous. I wish I was already there with you. Come on Saturday. If anyone feels energetic tomorrow evening do a drive by and see if my spot 222 is vacant so I can roll in at daybreak. This will my view soon.

Last edited:
I agree, Flametamr. We're coming in Saturday too. Tick tock.... :hourglass ED

Great pics everyone. I made it out of work... finally. Camper is home, fuel tanks are full. A couple of hundred work emails to get through, then it's clean up and packing time. I have all day tomorrow to get things in the camper organized, then the big graduation day and head on down.

At least I'm officially on vacation! :yay:

j

Been a good day. Uneventful trip down except for that "takeover" on Waters Street in Mobile. They just weren't ready for Randy and me both at the same time.

Randy joined us for dinner at Gulf Island Grill and we were 10pm getting in. I'm gonna hit the hay and get up in the morning to hopefully catch a sunrise and then finish setting up the site.

Weather is fantastic. Not hot or humid. Gentle breeze blowing in off lake.

Thank goodness vacation is finally here.

I'll leave you guys with a pic from earlier today. It's a game. How many squirrels do you see?
IMAG1121.jpg

Good night all.

We made it. Took a bit longer than planned. Pulled in about 4:15. Set up utilities and then went to Walmart. Needless to say we got back late and still needed to eat. We did get everything put away inside but today have to setup outside. I will say weather is great right now.

Pics will follow.

I agree with you Kris. It is perfect outside.

Got some pics from this morning.

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

Me and Mr. D been up admiring the quiet.

Got my coffee and honey bun for breakfast then gonna work on the site.
1495796834294.jpg

Letting the family vacation their own way, which is sleeping late.

More to come.

P.S. the answer to last night's "guess the squirrels" pic is 4.

Attachments

• IMAG1130.jpg
    IMAG1130.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
To all those there I am jealous to those enroute or preparing to go I am jealous.
Michael I feel your pain brother I too have the anti shopping gene and it is a dominant one. Why is that squad from the local chapter of the NSS hanging out in a tree and not preparing your site ?

Why is that squad from the local chapter of the NSS hanging out in a tree and not preparing your site ?
That is actually a good question.

A break in ranks, possibly?

Ed's parents have been covertly undermining the command and control structure?

We could be in for a fun week.

j

Why is that squad from the local chapter of the NSS hanging out in a tree and not preparing your site ?
Perhaps they are resting up for the "Weekend" Activities? That's when the "Fun" will really begin, right? :lmao"

Been biking most of the day. Several miles of new trail has been built since last year. Madison, our youngest is off the training wheels for the first time today. She's...had a full morning to say the least.

Mr. D was watching close. You could tell he had that "watchful eye" and he said "I'm just a grampa. She's going too fast". So we slowed her down and she is doing well. I bid Mr. and Mrs. D a farewell as they pulled out around 9:30 and he told me "Well, you gotta deal with Big Ed now."
Hehe! Big Ed.

On our way around we stopped by and visited the rock stars.
IMAG1132.jpg
Okay, as far as the squirrels go. I'm on vacation, so it extends to them too. I'm just letting them do their thing.

You've all been warned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter