The "I Can't Believe I'm Doing a PTR for This Trip"PTR-UD 5/17*TR Link!*

Hi! I'm just joining in. I followed your trip last year. So fun! I left the boards for awhile after our vacation and around the time my pregnancy got really uncomfy but I am back and can't wait to hear your plans. We are planning* in the back of our minds *a similar trip for our 10 year anniversary (2012) so I am loving this PTR. Can't wait to read how it goes. Good luck!

Hi there and Welcome Back!! This is a very different trip for us and I am SO excited! :woohoo:

I sat the boys down the other day and tried to pin them down on a list of souvenirs they might like us to bring home from our trip. Now, I did tell them that they needed to keep in mind that we would have to try to fly home with anything they asked for...so to keep it within reason! :rotfl: That would completely eliminate bringing a Dole Whip home for Isaiah! Poor boy. :sad2:

Here are the results! Some completely reasonable...some not so much!! :laughing:

DAN: Donald Duck Hat (not the silly one with a duck bill, one with Donald ON it), Giant Rice Krispy Treat, shells or cool rocks from the beach in the Bahamas

ISAIAH: Stitch (the actual character!) :lmao:, Giant Rice Krispy Treat, Stitch TOT pin, POR T-shirt, Pirate treasure chest from the Bahamas.

JONAH: Wooden beaded necklace (he got one last year from AK and it broke), carved stick from the Bahamas, Pirate ship or Gold coins from the Bahamas, stuffed animal from WDW, Pluto hat (like the Goofy one he got last spring), shells or cool rocks from the beach, Giant Rice Krispy Treat, and the HEAT (he wants it to be hot here!).

So that's the list and I'm sure we'll do our best to honor their REASONABLE requests. :rolleyes1 I'm hoping I can find a similar necklace for Jonah at AKL since we won't be visiting AK, but will be having dinner at Boma. And, we may take the boat ride back to POR from DTD to look for a POR shirt for Isaiah...we'll see how the rest of the souvenir shopping goes!

Only 11 more days to go till we head to the airport and fly to MCO! Just a flashback....1 year ago today we were here....

WednesdayMK-Disney200936.jpg

Image090.jpg

It certainly looks like the souvenir list is "doable". I don't see anything on there (other than the Dole Whip) that you should have too much of a problem trying.

I am sure that you are about to bust to get this trip started. I know I would be!

I love the list! :rotfl: I hope you are able to find the necklace for Jonah...
you are almost in single digits now! :yay:
Have a great day! Missy you will be in MK again very very soon!

:woohoo: for only 11 days!!! So exciting!!!:goodvibes

I think the lists look great and reasonable too....well except for bringing Stitch back, that may be a problem.:rotfl: That would be cool though.:laughing: I liked Jonah's request about bringing the heat back. Can you send it over our way too. Last I looked it was still in the upper 40's here today...ugh.:sad2:

Looks like a pretty good souvenir wish list from the boys...I love all the Giant rice Krispie Treat requests...can I have one ;)

can't believe it's less than two weeks now...how fun!

J~

It certainly looks like the souvenir list is "doable". I don't see anything on there (other than the Dole Whip) that you should have too much of a problem trying.

I am sure that you are about to bust to get this trip started. I know I would be!

You can't even imagine how "about to bust" I am....Oh wait...maybe you can! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I love the list! :rotfl: I hope you are able to find the necklace for Jonah...
you are almost in single digits now! :yay:
Have a great day! Missy you will be in MK again very very soon!

I hope we can find one too...he cried when his broke! :sad1:

:woohoo: for only 11 days!!! So exciting!!!:goodvibes

I think the lists look great and reasonable too....well except for bringing Stitch back, that may be a problem.:rotfl: That would be cool though.:laughing: I liked Jonah's request about bringing the heat back. Can you send it over our way too. Last I looked it was still in the upper 40's here today...ugh.:sad2:

It's cold here today too...it's not supposed to get out of the low 60's for the next week. UGH! At least the sun is shining...but I am SO ready for some Florida/tropical weather. Bring it on! :thumbsup2

Looks like a pretty good souvenir wish list from the boys...I love all the Giant rice Krispie Treat requests...can I have one ;)

can't believe it's less than two weeks now...how fun!

J~

I know...tomorrow is 10 days! YAY! My kids LOVE those rice krispy treats! I'd be happy to send you one! ;)

Oh what??? Look who's in SINGLE DIGITS!!

9 Days to go!!

:banana: :dancer::banana::dancer: :banana::dancer: :banana:

:jumping1: :jumping1::jumping1:

I started packing yesterday....an updated to-do list for the final days is coming up soon! Just had to dance first!

:woohoo:Have a great time(-hope all the travel-sickness remedies work-I'm sure you wont even need them!)Wish I was going too! Ach well only 9wks1day to go(who's counting:rotfl2:):woohoo:

Will I fit in your suitcase? I promise as a stow away to find someother place to hangout on the Parents Only Trip!!

Take a picture of Packing Stitch the character to bring him home!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:woohoo:Have a great time(-hope all the travel-sickness remedies work-I'm sure you wont even need them!)Wish I was going too! Ach well only 9wks1day to go(who's counting:rotfl2:):woohoo:

We're always counting, aren't we?? ;)

Will I fit in your suitcase? I promise as a stow away to find someother place to hangout on the Parents Only Trip!!

Take a picture of Packing Stitch the character to bring him home!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Unless you are very, very tiny.....I suspect you will push me over the baggage weight limit! LOL!

Isaiah cracks me up...he WOULD ask for something like that! :lmao:

:cheer2::dance3:YAY! for Single Digits!!!!!:dance3::cheer2:

Thanks for dancin' with me Ang!! :hug:

Sooooo....................When should I be expecting my post cards from the Islands?????????

I'm hoping I can find a similar necklace for Jonah at AKL since we won't be visiting AK, but will be having dinner at Boma.

They have a huge gift shop at AKL... I'm sure you'll be able to find it!

Are you starting to count the hours now, instead of the days?? :laughing:

Kathy

Finally! We're down to the final week before we leave on our JUST US trip to the Orlando and the Bahamas! So....how's the list coming?? For those of you who have followed my other PTR/TR's, you know that I live my life by a list. Each day has a to-do list.....whether I'm going on a trip or not. But....the trip to-do lists are obviously the most fun!! :cool1: With only a short 8 days to go before we board the plane, here's how mine is shaping up!

GREEN=DONE, BLUE=WORKING ON IT, RED=NOT STARTED I've also added a few, of course, and those are BOLD.

ONE WEEK TO GO!

* Buy sunglasses for Jeff and I--DONE

* Make ADR at Boma--Friday May 7th @ 8:05---DONE

* Purchase Sea Bands and motion sickness meds--DONE

* Check-in online for cruise--DONE

* Purchase lightweight beach towels--DONE

* Take inventory of travel-size items and make a list of needed items

* Make rental car reservation for our weekend in Orlando--DONE

* Print out timeshare confirmation for Wyndham Bonnet Creek--DONE

* Confirm airline reservations and check-in online 24 hours before flight

* Try on summer clothes and make a list of needed items--DONE

* Work on touring plan for MK--DONE

* Purchase bus transfer from Royal Caribbean from MCO to port--DONE

* Purchase travel insurance--DONE

* Book snorkeling excursion in CoCo Cay--DONE

* Purchase ginger pills for motion sickness

* Clear camera memory card--DONE

* Check and charge camera batteries

* Schedule pedicure and haircut—Pedi on Friday at 2, haircut on Tuesday @ 3--DONE

* Color hair

* Print out instruction sheet and boys' schedule for Mom

* Schedule eyebrow wax—Thursday morning--DONE

* Find and purchase lightweight cardigan sweater--DONE

* Set up substitute for Children's Church on May 9--DONE

* Clean up basement and Laundry Room--DONE

* Clean out linen closet--DONE

* Get rid of old computer monitor taking up space in my room--DONE

* Work with boys to clean their rooms--DONE

* FILE!! (I am way behind on this and it just makes clutter!)--DONE

* Make Camp Display Board for church. (I'm in charge of publicity, and this needs to get done before I leave)--DONE

*Go grocery shopping. Mom will need food in the house for the boys!

*Clean out trash closet

*Pay bills that will come due while I'm gone

*Go to bank and get cash for trip.

And last but not least........PACKING!

So that's where I stand. I actually feel really good. It's odd getting ONLY myself ready to go on a trip...well, Jeff too, but he can do most of that himself! I feel like I should be more frantic, but I really feel like I have this under control. ::yes:: Hmmmm...talk to me next Sunday, my tune may change.

I'm actually a little sad that I'm not doing a big “10 Days to Disney” countdown this trip. It just seemed silly when the boys would not be joining us, but I admit, I'm sad.:sad2: So.....to make me feel better, I'm going to do a little countdown on my PTR. Each day, from now until I leave I will share a favorite Disney memory as well as one thing I am most looking forward to on this vacation. YAY... I feel better already! :yay:

Sooooo....................When should I be expecting my post cards from the Islands?????????

PM me your address and I'd be happy to send you one! I don't think I can send a rum umbrella drink through the mail though! ;)

Great lists from the boys. I would never have thought to ask them what they want. Good idea!!!

:banana::banana::banana: Almost there!!!

They were so funny coming up with stuff! Made me giggle! :laughing:

They have a huge gift shop at AKL... I'm sure you'll be able to find it!

Are you starting to count the hours now, instead of the days?? :laughing:

Kathy

Oh man...I'm beyond excited!!! I just want to GO!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter