The "I Can't Believe I'm Doing a PTR for This Trip"PTR-UD 5/17*TR Link!*

I hope I didn't miss it somewhere but did you ever get your cardigan from Old Navy? If not, they sent me an email earlier today that had a % off promo that ends today. The coupon code is ONSPRING. Thought I'd be a good Dis friend and pass it along.

I LOVE that the Bunny that comes to your house hides the baskets too....Ours always has. Its always been an issue with me and DH. Let me ask you this though........When Santa comes, are HIS presents wrapped or unwrapped? Everytime Santa visits us, his gifts are unwrapped and put together sitting so nice under the twinkle lights. When Santa used to visit DH though, he wrapped his presents.....weird!

I grew up with my basket hidden and I do the same. My Santa gifts
were never wrapped, but arranged under the tree. I wrap my family gifts !

:cool1:

I grew up in PA and my mom always hid our baskets. I always thought it was a Scottish or European tradition. I could be wrong.:confused3

It is such a cute idea. My girls are too old for that now, but I could always start with my grandkids someday in the very far away future. :rotfl2:

Interesting...I'd never heard of it growing up! Well...regardless of where the tradition came from, our boys love it! It's just a challenge for the Easter Bunny to find new places every year! ;)

I hope I didn't miss it somewhere but did you ever get your cardigan from Old Navy? If not, they sent me an email earlier today that had a % off promo that ends today. The coupon code is ONSPRING. Thought I'd be a good Dis friend and pass it along.

Thanks so much Lisa! You didn't miss it. I ended up getting one at Old Navy this past Monday. It's not EXACTLY what I wanted, but it's very close. And it was on clearance...only $10.99. Can't beat that!

I grew up with my basket hidden and I do the same. My Santa gifts
were never wrapped, but arranged under the tree. I wrap my family gifts !

:cool1:

I love tradition!!! And I love hearing about how everyone's are so similar yet different! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 for getting a cardigan. I could live with the fact that I didn't like it quite as well as I did the other one if it cost me only $10.99!

I was in Old Navy this weekend and thought about you. Everything that was on clearance was half off that. Of course, I didn't find much that we needed. Just two or three little things.

In exactly 3 weeks from right now, we will have been at sea for about two hours. We will have settled into our stateroom, enjoyed a cocktail or two at the Sailaway party, possibly taken a dip in the pool, and will most likely be getting ready to enjoy dinner and a beautiful sunset. **sigh** :cloud9:

But....as for now I sit here at my computer, looking outside at the budding trees, writing a PTR update! :goodvibes

It's been slow lately with trip planning. I have done most of the work of planning--reservations made, vouchers printed, touring plan set, clothes purchased. Now I just wait.....very impatiently, I might add, to pack. I started the process today by cleaning out my closet and changing over from winter to summer clothes. It's not really warm enough here yet to wear shorts and tanks, but I left out some jeans and hoodies. I should be able to manage for the next several weeks with what I left out. Now packing will be a ton easier! :thumbsup2

I guess I will update my To-Do list...I have been diligently checking items off, so here it goes! Items that are done are in green, not started are in red and started but not complete in blue.

* Buy sunglasses for Jeff and I--DONE

* Make ADR at Boma--Friday May 7th @ 8:05---DONE

* Purchase Sea Bands and motion sickness meds--DONE

* Check-in online for cruise--DONE

* Purchase lightweight beach towels--DONE

* Take inventory of travel-size items and make a list of needed items

* Make rental car reservation for our weekend in Orlando--DONE

* Print out timeshare confirmation for Wyndham Bonnet Creek--DONE

* Confirm airline reservations and check-in online 24 hours before flight

* Try on summer clothes and make a list of needed items--DONE

* Work on touring plan for MK--DONE

* Purchase bus transfer from Royal Caribbean from MCO to port--DONE

* Purchase travel insurance--DONE

* Book snorkeling excursion in CoCo Cay--DONE

* Purchase ginger pills for motion sickness

* Clear camera memory card--DONE

* Check and charge camera batteries

* Schedule pedicure and haircut

* Color hair

* Print out instruction sheet and boys' schedule for Mom

* Schedule eyebrow wax

* Find and purchase lightweight cardigan sweater--DONE

* Set up substitute for Children's Church on May 9--DONE

I think I am doing really well...in fact I feel like I should have more to do! Oh...I do have a list of things that I want to get done around the house before turning it over to my mom for a week!

* Clean up basement and laundry room

* Clean out linen closet--DONE

* Get rid of old computer monitor taking up space in my room

* Work with boys to clean their rooms

* FILE!! (I am way behind on this and it just makes clutter!)

On the weight front...I have lost another 2 pounds and am now at 195. I took a little detour at Easter and gained a couple, but those are gone now along with 2 more! My total weight loss since January is now 26 pounds!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Since I'm a little light on pics, here a few of my recent travel purchases!

IMG_4004.jpg

The cardigan I finally found at Old Navy....I settled a little, but it was on clearance for $10.99 so....;)
IMG_4005.jpg

My new shades! Notice the little bit of "bling" along the sides!
IMG_4006.jpg

I guess that's it for now! Next up I'll post my MK touring plan and our souvenir list!!! :banana:

My new shades! Notice the little bit of "bling" along the sides!
IMG_4006.jpg

I'm likin' the bling! :cool2:

Glad you found a cardigan even if you had to settle. A great price always makes it worth it. :thumbsup2

Congrats on the weight loss!! That's a really big thing to gain some back, but get back on track and lose it again and then keep losing. You go girl! :cool1: :cool1: That's what it's all about.

3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer:

Nice checklist!!!!!!! Sounds like you are pretty close to being 100% ready to go! I wish I was gonna be there with you :confused: Keep us posted with the checklist and I cant wait to hear about your MK day!

Very fun Easter basket hiding...

hey your Boma ADR on May 7th is the twins 11th b-day and one of my 'ol HS friends works as a manager for the AK TS places...Megan :thumbsup2

I love a good checklist! :thumbsup2

I feel like I've been doing more around the house lately too... Cleaning nooks & crannies that don't get attention regularly. I don't know why I feel the need to do it, but I always do right before a vacation. Vacation nesting? :confused3

I feel like I've been doing more around the house lately too... Cleaning nooks & crannies that don't get attention regularly. I don't know why I feel the need to do it, but I always do right before a vacation. Vacation nesting? :confused3

I do this too-my family think I'm insane because I bully them all into helping me:rotfl2:
I just think it's bad enough leaving the wdw behind but if I had to arrive home to a house needing cleaned well-that'd just be too much:lmao:

I was in Old Navy this weekend and thought about you. Everything that was on clearance was half off that. Of course, I didn't find much that we needed. Just two or three little things.

Score! Half off a sale price!! :thumbsup2

I'm likin' the bling! :cool2:

Glad you found a cardigan even if you had to settle. A great price always makes it worth it. :thumbsup2

Congrats on the weight loss!! That's a really big thing to gain some back, but get back on track and lose it again and then keep losing. You go girl! :cool1: :cool1: That's what it's all about.

3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer:

Thanks Carissa! I like the bling too...just enough, but not too much!

I knew that Easter would be difficult. I was at my parent's house and we had our big family party with my gram and all my cousins....TONS OF FOOD. Lots of stuff that wasn't good for me. I tried to be really conscious of what I was eating, but it was really tough. I knew I'd need to come home and buckle down!

Nice checklist!!!!!!! Sounds like you are pretty close to being 100% ready to go! I wish I was gonna be there with you :confused: Keep us posted with the checklist and I cant wait to hear about your MK day!

I am SO ready to go! The day just needs to get here already!!!! :banana:

Very fun Easter basket hiding...

hey your Boma ADR on May 7th is the twins 11th b-day and one of my 'ol HS friends works as a manager for the AK TS places...Megan :thumbsup2

Aww....yay! Happy Birthday to the twins! What a cool job to work at Disney....even better at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

I do this too-my family think I'm insane because I bully them all into helping me:rotfl2:
I just think it's bad enough leaving the wdw behind but if I had to arrive home to a house needing cleaned well-that'd just be too much:lmao:

I love that term...vacation nesting! I do it every time we leave the house for any length of time. I HATE returning to a house that needs work. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :thumbsup2

I love that term...vacation nesting! I do it every time we leave the house for any length of time. I HATE returning to a house that needs work. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :thumbsup2
Here's how crazy my thinking is: I'm afraid something happens and someone will need to come into my house to find something.... :confused3
That and I want to walk into a clean house w/fresh sheets!

:yay: :yay: 19 days to go!!! :yay: :yay:

Let me preface this post with this small disclaimer. I KNOW that for a one day trip to MK with two adults we probably don't NEED a touring plan. BUT.....I just can't go without one, so take this as more of a guideline than a rule! We will more than likely follow this loosely, with plenty of flexibility built in!

As I go along, I'm going to add pics of the attractions from our last two trips. Just for giggles!

May 8--Saturday--Crowd level prediction, 6
MK Park Hours--9am-11pm. Spectromagic @ 9:00pm. Wishes @ 10:00pm

We will be staying exactly 4.5 miles from the MK entrance!

Our plan is to arrive for Rope Drop....I love the MK opening show and don't want to miss it. Since it's been years since we drove to the MK, we will probably shoot to leave around 8 am so we can get there, park, make our way to the entrance, etc. I'd rather have time to kill than to arrive late! We did not see the show in 2007, but here are a few pics from last spring!

SundayMK--Disney200918.jpg

SundayMK--Disney200916.jpg

Oh boy, when they throw that confetti to open the park I feel like I'm 5 years old again!! :goodvibes

On entering the park, we will probably head directly to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain. It was closed for refurb last year, so we didn't get to ride. We are SO looking forward to checking it out this time. Although the boys have been good about out trip to WDW without them...they are not happy about this one!

Thursday--MagicKingdom1-1.jpg

Thursday--MagicKingdom.jpg

Next we'll move on to our favorite Tomorrowland attraction......

SundayMK--Disney200951.jpg

Thursday--MagicKingdom2-2.jpg

Buzz Lightyear!! I LOVE this ride! I don't think Jeff and I have ever been in the same car together since one of us always rides with one of the boys so this should be fun! I STINK at this game, but it's so fun!

After defeating Zurg, we'll probably make our way back down Main Street to the Bakery to get something tasty for breakfast.

SundayMK--Disney20097.jpg

This, of course, all depends on the lines, etc. We may just wait till later and head directly over to Fantasyland.

In Fantasyland we will ride It's a Small World and see Mickey's PhilharMagic. We may get FP's for Peter Pan to use later in the day.

Thursday--MagicKingdom3-2.jpg

See the Hidden Mickey?
WednesdayMK-Disney200932.jpg

Next we'll head to Liberty Square to visit the Happy Haunts who live here...

WednesdayMK-Disney2009110.jpg

We'll continue on to Frontierland and check out the wait time for Splash Mountain. If it is less than 20 minutes, we'll ride. If not we'll grab our FP's for later!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is the next stop on the Must-Do list!

WednesdayMK-Disney200927.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200924.jpg

From the wild frontier, we'll make our way to Adventureland to visit some pirates!

SundayMK--Disney200978.jpg

Oh wait...that one won't be with us!

SundayMK--Disney200970.jpg

Friday--MagicKingdom.jpg

As we walk by the Jungle Cruise, we'll check the wait time and either ride or grab FP's. This is one of my favorites and my goal this year is to ride it after dark!

WednesdayMK-Disney200977.jpg

Friday--MagicKingdom1.jpg

Last year we had a terrible Skipper and I was disappointed. :sad2: We're hoping for a better one this year!

At this point it will have been a long morning of touring and we will be beyond ready for one of these....

WednesdayMK-Disney200988.jpg

And since it's vacation, we just might get one even though we haven't had lunch yet!!

Then we'll find a lunch spot. Perhaps Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbour House. At this point we'll just see what it is we are in the mood to eat!

After lunch we will go back to Frontierland to ride Splash if we haven't already. Then we will scope out our spot for the afternoon parade. I know, I've seen it before, but I LOVE PARADES! And there's nothing better than a Disney parade! We'll shoot (ha,ha) for a spot near the Shootin' Arcade and wait to see this coming down the street.....

WednesdayMK-Disney200959.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney200964.jpg

Being in Frontierland, we'll probably try to see the Hall of Presidents. It's really on our maybe list, so we'll see how things are at this point.

Then we're off to the Carousel of Progress and a “great big beautiful tomorrow”!

SundayMK--Disney200948.jpg

We may jump on the TTA or head to the Laugh Floor after that, but again, we're playing it by ear. At this point we will have hit all of our must-do's so we'll just tour the park at our leisure and go back to anything we had to skip earlier in the day. We'll eat dinner at some point then depending on how the day went either find a spot for Spectro or skip it and then stake out a spot for Wishes.

WednesdayMK-Disney200999.jpg

WednesdayMK-Disney2009100.jpg

So that's the day. Full, yes I know. But keep in mind we will not be waiting in lines to meet characters or to get autographs. We are rope-drop to close type people so that won't be an issue.

Just typing this up and looking at the pictures makes me so excited!!

Next up...the boys' souvenir wishes! We can't go to WDW without them and come back empty handed!!

.... I KNOW that for a one day trip to MK with two adults we probably don't NEED a touring plan. BUT.....I just can't go without one....

...we're playing it by ear. At this point we will have hit all of our must-do's so we'll just tour the park at our leisure and go back to anything we had to skip earlier in the day.

:rotfl: Yes, we know all about the NEED!!!

I love that you're not planning ADRs that will tie you down... just going with the flow! That's what makes the Mom & Dad only trips so special!!

You're going to have a fabulous day!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter