The Jersey Boys/Jersey Girls

Wow a NJ Thread... :) LOVE IT! I am in Northern NJ and my favorite thing about NJ is that my commute to work is shorter than when I lived in Brooklyn! That is, when NJ transit acts right. My favorite thing about Disney actually hasn't happened yet - I am really, really looking forward to seeing my 5-year old's expression when she explores all of the rides and parks - especially after going to broken down Sesame Place so many times.

HEY, if anyone is planning a trip to WDW during the famed NJ Teacher convention days in November of 2011, I am looking forward to that thread!

Unless you live there(the "shore") cause then you just say you're going to the beach. I've never said or heard any of my friends or family say "goin to the shore" "goin down the shore".

Hi,

Is a native South Jersey man welcome here?

Jim

Absolutely! We take everyone, natives, transplants...anyone that will admit to living (past or present) in Jersey and loves Disney.
Ok, a little Jersey trivia...we are the only "New" state that you can just say the second part of the name. You can say "Hampshire" or "York" without the" New" in front of it....

So I've noticed a lot of New Jerseyans on the board. Let's hear from you all. What part of Jersey to you live in (north, south, central or shore) if you don't wish to state what town. What's your favorite thing about living in Jersey and what's your favorite thing to do in Disney...

I'm from South Jersey, outside of Atlantic City (we never say "the shore", lol). My favorite thing about Disney is all of the rides - ToT, RnR, Space, Splash, HM, everything!

Unless you live there(the "shore") cause then you just say you're going to the beach. I've never said or heard any of my friends or family say "goin to the shore" "goin down the shore".

you are absolutely correct that those of us who live near the ocean call it the"beach"..... only those of you coming from somewhere else call it the "shore"..... and anywhere you live in NJ you're close to either Manhattan, Philadelphia or Atlantic City!

Monmouth County here ... about 5 miles from the beach ...

My favorite things about living in NJ are: the beaches & the boardwalks, being an hour(or so) car or train ride away from NYC, and having a major airport nearby that has a number of direct flights scheduled to Orlando everyday :) ...

My favorite things to do in Disney are: walking around the World Showcase in Epcot and walking through all the gift shops in all the Parks & Downtown Disney :goodvibes ...

Another Monmouth county person here

Ocean Township (Monmouth County) here.

My favorite thing to do in NJ is probably go to the beach and Atlantic City, if I did that less I could probably go to Disney more :lmao:

Epcot is my favorite park as a whole: Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and now Captain Eo in future world to entertain me and new things to discover in each country of World Showcase.
My favorite ride though is ToT, I could ride that 10 times in a row and still walk off laughing and rushing back up to the queue for another go!

West Long Branch here

Bergen County here. Best thing about NJ is that no matter where you are, there's something near by.

My favorite thing to do is walking around Epcot. I could do that all day (and have)!

Grew up in Bergen county right outside of the city

Bergen County

By way of South Philly. Although I'd NEVER move back... I'll always be a Philly Girl at heart.
Nancy

South Jersey here ~ Deptford.....Love the feeling of walking down Mainstreet on the first day....especially when the Christmas decorations are up! :cool1:

I am just learning this area in jersey. Ds is an engineering major at Rowan so we are down there occasionally to see him. Have had dinner several times at the Deptford Mall

I love going to Dw. We were down during the Teacher's convention before it was popular to go down and it was empty. We went a few years later and it was a lot more crowded but not bad.

I love to camp at FW and take the boat to MK. We have done it couple of times where we could see the fireworks from the boat. THere is nothing more peaceful in the world than this.

Love living in South Jersey, here...

Never at a loss for anything to do - beach, Philly, wilderness, New York a short trip away...

At Disney, just love being out of the rat race for awhile - staying on-site and the rest of the world melts away...

Happy New Year all my New Jerseyans! hope you have all survived the "last blizzard of 2010". Anyone have plans to head to WDW this year?

Happy New Year all my New Jerseyans! hope you have all survived the "last blizzard of 2010". Anyone have plans to head to WDW this year?

Happy New Year!! :goodvibes ... live in Ocean Township (Monmouth County) so the "last blizzard of 2010" was definitely a tough one ... but I really hope to be heading to WDW sometime in 2011 for sure :thumbsup2 ...

That was some blizzard!!
I think that I'll be heading down in Nov/Dec 2011!!!
Can't wait to start planning!!!
:banana:

I'll be spending five days (Jan 24-29th) solo at Disneyworld, so if any other Jerseyans are there then it might be fun to meet up....anyone interested?
I picked that week hoping that by the time I return the winter will be tolerable!

That was some blizzard!!
I think that I'll be heading down in Nov/Dec 2011!!!
Can't wait to start planning!!!
:banana:

I just started planning my birthday trip this weekend...did my ADRs and have and idea of where I'm staying. have one whole week to myself to do nothing but Disney (sort of). I've never done an all Disney vacation so I can't wait. so if anyone is down there the first week of May come on and meet me! I am sooooo excited!:yay:

I just started planning my birthday trip this weekend...did my ADRs and have and idea of where I'm staying. have one whole week to myself to do nothing but Disney (sort of). I've never done an all Disney vacation so I can't wait. so if anyone is down there the first week of May come on and meet me! I am sooooo excited!:yay:

I'll probably just miss you, going down May 11, haven't decided the exact day that I'm coming home. For sure doing the D23 scavenger hunt on May 12 and 13... haven't decided if I'm doing Destination D on the 14th and 15th or if I'll just enjoy the parks.

That's so cool-I wish I was going in May! Can't wait til Nov!
I love the planning part, though I make everyone else crazy with the constant updates,lol!!!

Hi!

North NJ here! :goodvibes

I have to admit I'm a creature of the area where I live...if it's not within 10-15 miles, it just doesn't exist. :lmao: luckily many things are in the area. :goodvibes

I do like the quick trip into NYC - love the Secaucus Junction has a parking lot now!

I will be heading down to WDW for D23's Destination D May 11-16..I do want to add a couple of days either in front or after but haven't decided which.

And I decided to take my first ever Disneyland trip for D23's Expo in August. :thumbsup2

My fav thing about the parks - big list!

Fav park - AK most probably, next being Epcot.

I like to hunt for hidden mickeys and those darn vinylmations!

Well this is a great thread. I'm from NNJ - Bergen County to be exact and I will be going for a week in June (1-8th to be exact!).

Favourite Park - By Far EPCOT. I love world showcase :)

Hi!

North NJ here! :goodvibes

I have to admit I'm a creature of the area where I live...if it's not within 10-15 miles, it just doesn't exist. :lmao: luckily many things are in the area. :goodvibes

I do like the quick trip into NYC - love the Secaucus Junction has a parking lot now!

I will be heading down to WDW for D23's Destination D May 11-16..I do want to add a couple of days either in front or after but haven't decided which.

And I decided to take my first ever Disneyland trip for D23's Expo in August. :thumbsup2

My fav thing about the parks - big list!

Fav park - AK most probably, next being Epcot.

I like to hunt for hidden mickeys and those darn vinylmations!

I went to see Prince at Madison Sq Garden last week & took the Secaucus train in for the first time. It was great!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter