The Land rehab

I can't believe they closed Green Thumb too - we LOVED that shop. Always found really unique things...UGHHHH!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Jessica

autumnfae - What I meant is I need to get pix & video of the pavillion (fountain, balloons, SSFF etc...) since it will all be changed....

I'm really upset to hear they are eliminating the food court. Pretty soon there won't be anywhere left for us to eat in Epcot. We used to go to the pizza and pasta place - closed. We ALWAYS eat the Land food court and now they are taking that away. And of course Odyssey closed years ago never to be replaced. I don't know what Disney is thinking when they make a decision like this to close a wildly popular eatery that is always busy. Change can be good, but it can also be a really lousy idea.

Last trip, we had lunch at the food court. When dinner time rolled around, we ended up leaving the park to eat offsite since there was nowhere in FW for us to eat and we didn't want to hike all the way back into WS. So we just left early and ate elsewhere. Kind of a shame and I'm sure we're not the only ones doing it.

Anyone know if the food court replacement will be a food court or another burger type place.....???

We love the Food Court and eat there all the time...:(

Originally posted by autumnfae
The Garden Grill will be closed with the rest of The Land on January 2nd through mid-March. Whether it will remain closed beyond that I'm not sure.

OMG !! This is so DIS'appointing to say the least!! We are suppose to have a re-hitching ceremony for my mother and father in law. Its their 50th wedding anniversary and we were gonna surprise them with the Mickey's bride and groom hats and all.
This was planned for January 4th, 2005.:confused: This is gonna bring tears.............

Well, there goes the plans I had for a 20th anniversary re-hitchin'!:(

When is Soarin' supposed to open?

Oh no...7thdwarf/dopey, Belle5, that's so sad!!! I hope something comes up for you...lots of pixie dust coming your way - both of you!!!

Jessica :wave2:

Thanks Jessica....we appreciate the pixie dust hon........:wave:

If you dont mind sharing, where in the Poconos are you...approx.

That is so sad about the big anniversary at the the Land Grille and all....lots of pixie dust your way that it works out for you all....:(

Originally posted by 7thdwarf/dopey
OMG !! This is so DIS'appointing to say the least!! We are suppose to have a re-hitching ceremony for my mother and father in law. Its their 50th wedding anniversary and we were gonna surprise them with the Mickey's bride and groom hats and all.
This was planned for January 4th, 2005.:confused: This is gonna bring tears.............

January 4th, 2005 is my 19th birthday!! :wave: :jester: princess:

We begin our next visit on March 13. I know they probably don't give specific dates for re-open of the Land and open on Soarin, but does anyone have any ideas?? Would hate to miss both! :eek:

7thdwarf/dopey, we're outside Lehighton, near Beltzville State Park - right off the Mahoning Valley exit of the Turnpike. I hear about Lake Ariel a lot because we watch 'Newswatch 16'. It looks like a beautiful area! Small world, huh?

Jessica :wave:

this makes me sad. I will be there on January 2nd, 2005 with a friend of mine who has never been to WDW. Now she won't get to see it! My mom will be broken hearted at the closure of the green thumb shop (i forget the official name) but hopefully the replacements will be just as good......

Uh oh! Do you all think I can manage to plan a trip before the end of Dec? What am I saying, I have planned a trip in 6 days! Okay, can I afford a trip before the end of Dec? Ohhhh, my kids LOVE LOVE love the food court in the Land--especially the balloons and fountain. Heaven forbid WDW should leave something very nice and relaxing alone. Sunshine Season is one of the very few places you can get a good variety of food that feels so much more healthy than a burger! Major bummer!

I'm sorry to hear they'll be closing the food court there. It's the only decent fast food anywhere in Future World. They can't be changing it because it isn't popular - it's always jam packed at meal times. I also really enjoy the hot air balloon theme.

Okay Disney executives - if you want to pick on a building in Future World, could you please do something about the Living Seas? Now THERE's an opportunity for improvement. It's been looking kind of sad and bedraggled for some time now.

Confession time... In 4 previous trips to WDW we have yet to make it to the Land Pavilion. We are going in November so I guess I'll have to check it out and see the "before" so I can hate/appreciate the "after".

Can you believe that only yesterday my family was talking about the Land? My nephew gave me his roll of pictures from his last trip to WDW & wanted me to bring them to get developed today. He said he wanted to see the picture of the restaurant with the hot air balloon. I sure hope the picture comes out because as it turns out that will have been his last chance to take that picture. I think that is the reason that I always want to do everything when I go to WDW because you never know when that will be my last chance to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter