The Linus Trip to The Darkside or Our Family Vacation to Universal**UPDATED 5/16/07**

i read ALL YOUR CRAP mac!! popcorn:: and yes, i would agree w/ loribell

DSCN1749.jpg

Hey - we got our son that same shirt!!! Did you get it in a store at the Marvel Island section? It's his favorite shirt right now - he loves his "ab muscles"!!

Thanks for your report - we're really enjoying it!!!!!! :cool1:

mac - yes! bean #1 took the picture of us......she did ok, didn't she?!?!?

Thanks for the laugh Bmom and loribell :rotfl2: I needed it today. Got rear ended on the way to the doc with the middle bean. Spend 3 hours in the ER for me - she was fine - I have head and neck pain and my back is all tight and sore.

NashTrio - We got that one in October......he loves the "abs" too :rotfl: This time we got the Venom shirt....he likes it alot and is scared of it in a way as well!!!:rotfl2: :lmao:

Look on the bright side, you can sue and make millions and then have all the time and money you need for some awesome WDW (and Universal too) vacations.

sorry to hear about your accident Tracie.....there never seems to be a dull moment in your world, does there??? Being a "bean-mom" is definately a full time gig for you! Hope your back and neck are feeling better soon.....however, i think it will feel worse tomorrow (day after) before it feels better! :hug:

Oh Tracie how awful! Bubba's mom is probably right though, you will feel worse for the next couple of days unfortunately. I'm glad bean#2 is okay. Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry, about your accident. That's a real bummer. :( I hope they gave you some good pain meds. :teeth: Take care. I hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Very awesome so far! Glad you found club worth it. We are going with a club deluxe king. Problem...December is forever away. Your trip report is kinda killin' me...

So Tracie how old is bean#3? I think he is probably to young for dd, she's 8, but she did say he was cute!!!!!

So Tracie how old is bean#3? I think he is probably to young for dd, she's 8, but she did say he was cute!!!!!

He will be 6 in October.......and he is a charmer that one! He was watching something one time with us on TV and turned to DH and said, "Hey Dad, isn't she a Hottie??!!??" :scared1:

Thanks for the well wishes and you are all correct, I am feeling a bit more sore and tight today. The base of my skull is bruised for sure! :sick:

I will get day 3 up and running today, but it was a short day due to some bummer stuff that happens on vacation!!

tracie and bean #2.......hope you are ok.

be sure to take the Vitamin V

Thank goodness we have leftovers :yay:

The ER doc gave me Ibuprofen 600 and skelaxin.....didn't even touch the pain last night.

Oh! Did you know that under the shiny bumper, its made of styrofoam??!!?? :scared1: :scared1: I guess it cushioned the impact, but styrofoam?!?!

Day 3 - Friday 4/27/07 - The Bad Vacation Day :scared1:

It started at 5AM -

DH: Hey....I think I broke my tooth yesterday - I haven't been able to sleep. I am in some REAL pain!!
Me: Well, have you taken anything? I have the V in the safe.
DH: Yeah, but it didn't help much!
Me: :scared1: :eek: :sad2:
DH: Is there any Motrin in our bags?
Me: NO, but I will find you some.

So needless to say the day started out pretty crappy. Around 8 I called home to the dentist who called in a prescription to the Walgreen's that is closest to HRH. In the meantime I went to the Main Store and bought 2 Motrin packs for DH until I could figure out HOW to get to the Walgreens. After taking 3 motrin DH decided to just try the day and we would worry about the script later. (Which was good considering it wasn't ready until after 4PM (and the dentist calledin V for him even though I said it didn't really help at all :headache: )

Blue Man Progress:

DSCN1709.jpg

DSCN1710.jpg

Off to the Studios today. Humidity was hanging in the air and we are not a humidty-friendly-family :upsidedow There were alot of matching shirts again...lots of groups, but again no waits in the Express Lines! We started out with Shrek for DH, B1 & B2 - B3 and I hit Jimmy Neutron. Shrek freaks him out a bit. Off to ROTM - again I sat this one out and the others went on....this was turning out to be a bummer of a day for Mommy. But it was the first ride on ROTM for B2 - she LOVED it :love: !!!! Atta girl!!!

As we continued walking, we were sad to see that our favorite little bar was still closed (I think it is called Alcatraz? It's on Fisherman's Wharf it's a little hut) At this point DH was not feeling well and we skipped Earthquake and Jaws. We headed to MIB where Mommy and the beans got to try to defeat the aliens. My first ride and I got 118,300 even though I had NO idea what I was doing. I was proud of myself for a few seconds.

Around 1:00 DH said he REALLY needed to eat, so we went to Finnegan's for lunch. The food was very good and the service was awesome. We were seated right away which was great for us! DH ordered the Pea Soup, Fish & Chips and we al shared the Wings appetizer. I had the Irish Cobb Salad which was REALLY HUGE and very good!!! B1 had the kids chicken fingers, B2 had the kids Pot O' Gold burger and I swear it was as big as her face! and B3 had the kids grilled cheese which was a triple decker grilled cheese!! After eating DH took B2 on Twister while B1 ran through the Mummy again. We wandered back towards Production Central. Once again DH and the girls did Shrek and Mommy and the boy listened to Donkey banter for a bit - it was quite amusing. We all went on Neutron and called it a day. It was around 3-3:30.

DSCN1755.jpg

DSCN1760.jpg

THis is one of the pics that happen when you let a 7yo hold the camera!! :crazy:

DSCN1756.jpg

Walked back to the HRH and called Walgreen's again to see if script was ready - it was. Hmmmm, now how do we get there?? Mommy and B2 walked....and walked.....and walked. It wasn't TOO bad, but it was hot! Crossing Kirkman was a challenge.....but not too bad.

While we were at the store, Kaitlyn had a Birthday treat delivered....It was a complementary in room movie and a tin full of candy/caramel popcorn! It was very nice of them to remember her birthday.

DSCN1766.jpg

Lounge offerings this night were:
-Teryaki Chicken Skewers
-Vegetable Spring Rolls
-Prawn Chips (all of the above with 4 different dips)
-Huge fresh veggie tray with dip

We ended the day with Daddy snoozing off and on and Mommy and the beans taking on the dive in movie - The Nutty Professor.

I guess it is inevitable that those kinds of things happen but it reallys stinks! Hope DH got the tooth fixed and all is well with him.

Ally saw my post last night and said "I said he was cute in the shirt. I meant the shirt was cute." Guess she was a little embarrased.

Get some rest and feel better! I'm thinking about you.

Great TR, Tracie! I am working on mine, but I am a terrible photographer. You're going to make me look bad! :)

I guess it is inevitable that those kinds of things happen but it reallys stinks! Hope DH got the tooth fixed and all is well with him.

Ally saw my post last night and said "I said he was cute in the shirt. I meant the shirt was cute." Guess she was a little embarrased.

Get some rest and feel better! I'm thinking about you.

Ahhhh....young love - its SOOOOO cute :hug: :love:

Thanks for the next day :goodvibes

Hope DH is better :teeth: (that sux to have something like that happen on your vacation....especially since he fell and hurt his knee the day before! :headache: )

The pictures are great and the pix of BMG are incredible! The colors along with the landscaping are amazing.....the blues really "pop" and all the colors....eh, i can't describe it. When i saw the pic of BMG, my jaw dropped. There, nuff said.

Tell little Bean that the churro picture is just fine! :thumbsup2
When DS has the camera, he gets some real interesting shots!

DS is also very interested in "triple decker grilled cheese"....Finnegan's happens to be on my list of places to eat this trip....i think he will definately be checkin' THAT out!

Oh ...... and VERY COOL they remembered Bean's birthday.... :goodvibes what a nice touch!!

I hope you're feeling better! I also hope you husband had his tooth taken care of and is feeling better. Its time for your family to catch a break!

On a happier note. I am loving this trip report! Your pictures are just amazing. I need a new camera. I want mine to look like this! The kids look like they had a blast on vacation. I saw a post where you said you were thinking of getting back again alone for your anniversary. And so it starts! Just back and planning the next one. I have that same sickness.

That was so nice they remembered and recognized your daughters birthday! Its the small things that make it so special. Thanks for taking the time when we know you arent feeling so hot to keep us happy.:)

Day 4 - Saturday 4/28/07

Today we knew IOA would be packed. So we did a causual stroll through the Seuss:
DSCN1774.jpg

DSCN1780.jpg

DSCN1783.jpg

DSCN1782.jpg

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

DSCN1794.jpg

& Lost Continent:

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1814.jpg

Did alot of people watching and grabbed a few rides on the Cat in the Hat, Caro-Seuss-el, Dueling Dragons and the Flying Unicorn.

We went into the JP Discovery Center for a bit....no hatchings this time, but the kids played for a bit. B2 was our lizard patrol/chaser.....camethisclose to catching a few of them too!!

DSCN1818.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

Around 3:30 PM we checked out the Alchemy Bar and the Enchanted Oak. We decided to sit and eat (at the table next to the bar - the NFL draft was on, silly!) We ordered 2 Chicken and rib platters, one rib platter, 2 kids mac and cheese meals. The ribs and chicken were amazing!! I loved the smokey bbq flavor they had! MMmmmMMMmmmm. B3 was totally flipped out that the mac & cheese came in a bread bowl! He laughed at it and said "Whoa, whoa, whoa.....you are kidding me, right??!!??"

DSCN1834.jpg

We ate and watched the draft. B1 took another run on DD and B2 did Flying Uni again.....we left the park around 5:30-6 and went back to the hotel. I let the kids get some icecream and we ate it right outside the doors by the pool, then we called it a night.....I was a bit tipsy and tired :lmao: :lmao:

One of my goals on this trip was to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. There are a few things that I saw that I never took the time to look at or take a picture of......here are a couple on this day:

Port of Entry building on top of a store:
DSCN1718.jpg

Eating area across from Fire Eaters Grill:
DSCN1728.jpg

Fortune Teller's Tent in Lost Continent, kinda off to the side near Dueling Dragons:
DSCN1815.jpg

And look at the recycling can.....its even themed to the Lost Continent!!:
DSCN1813.jpg

I have no clue what the lounge was serving this night, but I can guarantee it involved a large veggie tray!! :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter