The Little Things ("Magical"Tips)... Please Share!

Ok I've got a tip that I have never heard anyone share yet.
Have dinner at BOG dressed as Belle and something special will happen!!

In the spirit of keeping the suspense I won't give it away unless someone really wants to know!
It was my daughter's best magical moment. pixiedust:
What is the surprise?

Reading through some older posts for our upcoming trip and found a winner! My daughter is in love with Lady and the Tramp...I never would have known that we could get their autographs if I hadn't read it here, THANKS!
Yep! Just got them for our anniversary card along with Minnie's, Mickey's, Donald's and Daisy's. We also had an extra anniversary card for a friend who is going shortly for his 35th anniv. I KNOW he doesn't know about Lady's autograph so he's going to be thrilled! (He and his wife are as big wdw fans as we!)

I think the biggest tip I can give is to be just as kind and magical to the CMs as you want them to be to you. (We are all people after all and love it when others are nice to us as well). Believe it or not, being kind and magical to them can pay you back in many ways. Ways that I couldn't even possibly begin to describe because each CM may do things very differently. We have had CMs move us to "Preferred" seating on attractions, gotten "Free" food or snacks, or just gotten a real happy smile and thanks, all of which helps to make our trips more magical. Plus, it really is the right thing to do. In a place where many (MANY) people are in a rush to get to all the attractions they can but don't realize that there are others who want to do the same thing, it's always better to be nice (and forgiving). Even if you don't get a "Material" return, you can feel better about yourself (which makes your overall trip better) for just being kind.

All the other tips are great too.

Not sure if this is here already but we timed our BTMRR FPs for during Wishes and it is hands down my favorite memory of our trip. Speeding in and out of the tunnels to see the castle all lit up and the fireworks bursting overhead while my DD looked on in wonder was truly magical.

Here are some of the best tips my family has discovered or been told:
  • The Electric Water Pageant is really cute and can be seen from a few different places. (Polynesian: 9pm, Grand Floridian: 9:15pm, Wilderness Lodge: 9:30pm, Fort Wilderness: 9:45pm, Contemporary: 10pm) :)
  • Get an "autograph" from Lady and the Tramp at Tony's restaurant in Magic Kingdom. paw:
  • Get some free soda at Club Cool in Epcot. And try the Beverly! :teeth:
  • Watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian is absolutely beautiful and they still play the soundtrack for you. :love:
  • Sometimes you can get an "edgier" Jungle Cruise ride later at night because there might not be any kids on the ride. :rolleyes1
  • Order the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream. You won't regret it, especially if you have kids! :mickeybar
  • You can sometimes get free ice cream just by going on a DVC tour. :p
  • Ask for ketchup at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. :tongue:
  • If you have kids with you, request a free wake up call from a Disney character! :stitch:
  • Listen to the phones on Main Street USA and in Tomorrowland. :cool1:
These are adorable tips!!

Can you just walk into Tony's and get Lady and the Tramps autographs or is it only for those dining?

We found a lovely spot for people watching at Epcot. In France, at the right hand side by the perfume shop, there is a tiny walkway that leads you towards the river. There is a bench set off the walkway overlooking the river and it's great to grab an icecream macaron and sit and people watch.

Something else that is overlooked is the garden at Japan. It is very peaceful and there is a small cafe/restaurant at the back with seating.

One of my favourite that has been mentioned is the PeopleMover at night, and Big Thunder too.

When you enter MK and wLk down Main Street there is a small area set back on the right hand side. There are tables and umbrellas and you can hear the dance and piano lessens happening on the top floor :-)

Back in 2008, when DS21 and I were at MK, we decided to ride the railroad around the entire park. We sat in the very back and struck up a conversation with the conductor. She pointed out some things we hadn't seen before along the way and when we got off at the front of MK, she took a picture of us at the very back of the train. Probably wouldn't have had that happened if we didn't have that conversation.

IMG_0761.JPG

Also, when you're taking your own pictures of each other- make them goofy!! You're at the most magical place ever! Have some fun with it! This is my favorite.

IMG_1266.JPG

We had to tell our DD that pictures were not optional, they were mandatory, and that if she didn't cooperate the trip would be cut short. While most people (I think) think they may look "Goofy" or "Horrible" in the pictures, I had to let her know that in 10, 15, 20 years from now, these are the things she is going to look at and reminisce about. It's much better to be happy or even goofy and not cranky. That's not how you want to remember a trip. We like the goofy pictures and the serious ones. I also keep the "Cranky" ones too as a reminder as well.

She has gotten much better with the pictures now and even wants them taken.

I'm going to watch this because I think it's a lovely idea!

This is not so much a "tip" as it is a tradition for DH and I now, but our last 2 trips we've gone to MK on arrival night and take a ride (or rides) on Dumbo as the FIRST THING we do. If you take your elephant up all the way for the whole ride it's just a beautiful view of the park at night... and it's so relaxing to just take it all in.

My 7yo and I did this our last night in the park, when everyone else turned in early and couldn't hang anymore. It is now one of my favorite memories ever...the castle and everything else in sight was so beautiful!!

I've not done it, but I've read to buy fake 'jewels' at a dollar store before your trip. (Maybe the dump shop from the ride?) When you ride Philharmagic and Ariel tosses jewels at you...you have the jewels that she threw! You can give them to your kiddos or any around you.

We leave in a few days, and my youngest (8) is so excited for the wake-up calls :) One of our very favorite things! She's talked about it every day for over a week.

We also always pick up lots of glow sticks at the dollar store before we go. (I love the idea of the bubbles, too!) Our kids get those and are told to hand them out to others. So fun to see them get excited about sharing the magic.

The fountain in Fantasyland behind the castle...if you line it up just right, the crown goes on Cinderella's head.

Here's a few I've learned from my own trips:

-Go at least once with your best friend. You will both have an amazing time and create some of the best memories.

-Plan a surprise for someone (or everyone!) in your group. My mom had not been to WDW since her honeymoon in 76. She's a die hard Pooh fan. I made an ADR for breasfast at Crystal Palace, told my mom we were having a character breakfast (she assumed it would be a Princess one), but when we got inside she about cried. It was awesome.

-Take a break in the middle of the day.

-Bring a raincoat/hat/umbrella. If it rains, don't leave the park. During out vacation is started pouring while we were in HS, and the entire park cleared out. It didn't stop raining for the rest of the day, but we had a ball!

-Sit and enjoy the scenery!

I have two more Epcot tips...
We bought an inexpensive 5x7 photo mat and took it to each of the countries in WS. We asked a CM from every spot to please write the word "love" in their native language! It is so lovely! The Parisian CM is an artist and his "A" for amour is the Eiffel Tower! We now have a beautiful memoir of our wedding anniversary celebration at WDW, with one of our MM photos inside!
The second idea is totally DHs... Whenever he spoke to a CM who wasn't busy, he asked them to sing their National Anthem. At first I kind of thought it was a little uncomfortable for them, you know? But every single CM seemed proud of their Anthem. Germany was amazing! 3 CMs all sang together! Of course, being the emotional drip that I am, I got all teary when they sang!
Such beautiful young people!!!

Back in 2008, when DS21 and I were at MK, we decided to ride the railroad around the entire park. We sat in the very back and struck up a conversation with the conductor. She pointed out some things we hadn't seen before along the way and when we got off at the front of MK, she took a picture of us at the very back of the train. Probably wouldn't have had that happened if we didn't have that conversation.

View attachment 142905

Also, when you're taking your own pictures of each other- make them goofy!! You're at the most magical place ever! Have some fun with it! This is my favorite.

View attachment 142906
My favorite too! Great photo!

Another fun one, although I guess it doesn't apply anymore, is to bring a golf ball in your pocket onto Soarin'. After it is over show your family or the people around you that you caught the golf ball!

We asked once to get autographs at Tony's, and the CM -- who was foreign -- was really confused, and hadn't heard about it before. Fortunately, DD was 14, so I could explain without spoiling the "magic." But, when she brought the autograph book back, she had signed it as "Laddy and the Thrump."

We found another CM who got us the proper autographs, but we always refer to them now as Laddy and the Thrump.

That is a special kind of magic that's can't be planned!! Those happy little accident's are the things happiness is made of!

We always finish our Epcot night dancing on the twinkly sidewalks in front of Innoventions. We started this tradition when my children were small...and now I do it even if they aren't with me! Eat lunch at Morocco at the QS restaurant in Epcot, but instead of sitting in the front walk towards the back and snag a table. It really feels like you are eating in a little village somewhere...you can watch people shopping.

We were riding the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train one night during the fireworks, and it was really special! Astro Orbiter does seem more magical at night!

Go into the Castle Couture shop in MK and watch Sleeping Beauty's dress change colors.

Look up in Haunted Mansion right when the thunder booms in the stretching room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter