The MURPHYS are LIVE from the BEACH CLUB (3/24-3/31) Now at the CONTEMPORARY ;)

I'll chime in and say that is so, so sad. They have destroyed the beautiful, peaceful view across the lagoon. That was the main "selling feature" for my family to pay to stay at the Poly. I just don't understand why they would build right in front of the resort and take the views away from all those rooms plus the beach. :sad2:

I totally agree. It feels like they put a priority with the 20 families staying in the bungalows over the hundreds of people staying in the longhouses.

Forgot to say, have a great time at the Poly!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks so much! As I posted elsewhere, it was wonderful! And the boys were very surprised. I was waiting for the "do we have CL" question and was excited to answer "yes!" But instead our youngest asked "do we have a suite?" OK, we've been upgraded to a suite twice over the past three years and most recently at BWI last month, but come on! I also showed them the AP magic bands as part of the surprise and they loved the new passholder sliders - so fun!

Thanks again for this wonderful live trip report. Always fun to see the fun you're having together and we really relate because we're also fortunate to have Disney-loving teen boys (plus a 7-year-old, but we're guessing he will take after his brother during the teen years!) It's heartwarming to see other teen boys enjoying Disney with their families the same way ours do. :) Great photo of your husband with the boys - I can see why you're such a happy mom! :)

I totally agree. It feels like they put a priority with the 20 families staying in the bungalows over the hundreds of people staying in the longhouses.

My thoughts as well. I guess we won't be staying at the Poly any time soon. :(

My thoughts as well. I guess we won't be staying at the Poly any time soon. :(

We'll be at BWV in just 39 days!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am sooooo ready for school to be over and summer to come! :beach: Sunshine and warm weather, no homework and no alarm clock! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I just booked our first Epcot After Hours Wind Down, I picked Rose & Crown. :thumbsup2 And as I posted before I've got those 2 specialty Star Wars character meals at Hollywood & Vine and Sci-fi already booked. :cheer2: The official list of stars was posted today and we'll see Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian!!!! ::yes:: Can we leave now??? :lmao: Also we should be riding Snow White this trip and maybe a quick pop over to US/IOA if I can catch a soft opening of Diagon Alley. pixiedust:

SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

We'll be at BWV in just 39 days!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am sooooo ready for school to be over and summer to come! :beach: Sunshine and warm weather, no homework and no alarm clock! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I just booked our first Epcot After Hours Wind Down, I picked Rose & Crown. :thumbsup2 And as I posted before I've got those 2 specialty Star Wars character meals at Hollywood & Vine and Sci-fi already booked. :cheer2: The official list of stars was posted today and we'll see Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian!!!! ::yes:: Can we leave now??? :lmao: Also we should be riding Snow White this trip and maybe a quick pop over to US/IOA if I can catch a soft opening of Diagon Alley. pixiedust:

SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS!!!!!:banana:

We'll be at BWV in just 39 days!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: I am sooooo ready for school to be over and summer to come! :beach: Sunshine and warm weather, no homework and no alarm clock! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I just booked our first Epcot After Hours Wind Down, I picked Rose & Crown. :thumbsup2 And as I posted before I've got those 2 specialty Star Wars character meals at Hollywood & Vine and Sci-fi already booked. :cheer2: The official list of stars was posted today and we'll see Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian!!!! ::yes:: Can we leave now??? :lmao: Also we should be riding Snow White this trip and maybe a quick pop over to US/IOA if I can catch a soft opening of Diagon Alley. pixiedust: SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

That is so exciting!! We won't be there for SW weekends but hoping they keep those SW character meals around.
I wish we got out of school that early. We leave the last weekend in June. ( for the month of July) Last day of school- June 25.
Counting down to Summer too :)
We got APs for Universal this week and saw the new Daigon Alley and Gringotts behind the walls. Can't wait to see that and ride Hogwarts train!!

That is so exciting!! We won't be there for SW weekends but hoping they keep those SW character meals around.
I wish we got out of school that early. We leave the last weekend in June. ( for the month of July) Last day of school- June 25.
Counting down to Summer too :)
We got APs for Universal this week and saw the new Daigon Alley and Gringotts behind the walls. Can't wait to see that and ride Hogwarts train!!

School is out here May 30th. :goodvibes I am sooooo excited to see Diagon Alley and Gringotts too! And ride the train!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Great trip report Erika. I just read the whole thing and I should have been working. LOL. I have been following your trip reports and posts for years and have enjoyed watching the boys grow. I joined the Disboards in 2001 and went missing for a few months changed jobs and email addresses and can't use my old screen name anymore.

Enjoy your next trip.!!!!:)

Great trip report Erika. I just read the whole thing and I should have been working. LOL. I have been following your trip reports and posts for years and have enjoyed watching the boys grow. I joined the Disboards in 2001 and went missing for a few months changed jobs and email addresses and can't use my old screen name anymore.

Enjoy your next trip.!!!!:)

Thanks! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed following along. It was a bit of a crazy trip! :laughing: But of course we had a blast despite the last minute resort switch.
Counting down for the next adventure in June! Hope you'll join us. :cloud9:

For anyone who might still be subscribed to this, I just recently started a blog about Disney and I plan to keep it updated regularly with resort reviews and general Disney info and advice. Would love to have some subscribers! :goodvibes Here's the link: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/

I just posted a review of the Contemporary this morning. I'm currently working on another article about park strategy. :)

For anyone who might still be subscribed to this, I just recently started a blog about Disney and I plan to keep it updated regularly with resort reviews and general Disney info and advice. Would love to have some subscribers! :goodvibes Here's the link: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/ I just posted a review of the Contemporary this morning. I'm currently working on another article about park strategy. :)
Yay! I just subscribed!!

Me too :goodvibes Great report on the Contemporary :thumbsup2 I really want to stay there one day, but DH isn't a fan. I think it would be perfect for a short trip - especially when we want to spend a lot of time at MK...

Me too :goodvibes Great report on the Contemporary :thumbsup2 I really want to stay there one day, but DH isn't a fan. I think it would be perfect for a short trip - especially when we want to spend a lot of time at MK...

I totally understand because I was the same way. ::yes:: When we would eat at Chef Mickey's or California Grill the resort never appealed to me. Too much concrete and no beachy/tropical vacation type feel. But I was quickly won over with the huge room and location to MK! :thumbsup2 Try it for a split stay, do like 3 nights CR and 3 nights in an Epcot resort, I guarantee it will win over your DH. :goodvibes

Congrats on your new blog! I just subscribed.

I totally understand because I was the same way. ::yes:: When we would eat at Chef Mickey's or California Grill the resort never appealed to me. Too much concrete and no beachy/tropical vacation type feel. But I was quickly won over with the huge room and location to MK! :thumbsup2 Try it for a split stay, do like 3 nights CR and 3 nights in an Epcot resort, I guarantee it will win over your DH. :goodvibes

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. The Poly is our favorite resort because of that beachy/tropical feel, but I'm upset with them at the moment ;), so I want to try somewhere else.

Just subscribed to my first blog. :)

You just convinced me to stay at the Contemporary for my 3 day trip in December. It has been 7 years since I stayed there last and it's time again. It was a favorite when our girls were young and we spent most of our time at MK. At 3 1/2 years old my youngest DDs favorite ride at Disney was the monorail.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. The Poly is our favorite resort because of that beachy/tropical feel, but I'm upset with them at the moment ;), so I want to try somewhere else.

I'm upset with them too ;) I just hope once it's all done we non-DVC people can still enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just subscribed to my first blog. :) You just convinced me to stay at the Contemporary for my 3 day trip in December. It has been 7 years since I stayed there last and it's time again. It was a favorite when our girls were young and we spent most of our time at MK. At 3 1/2 years old my youngest DDs favorite ride at Disney was the monorail.

Awesome!!! :) Yay!!!! :) You will have a great stay there I am sure. The resort room decor has changed a lot in 7 years, but it's still got that authentic Disney feel. My youngest is 12 and he instantly found the hidden Mickey on his yellow bed pillow. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter