The Murphy's are LIVE from the Beach Club!! August 4-11 Come join us!!! :)

Ninja Mom said:
OMG on all the problems!!

Chair Hogs, Toilet Trouble and now Washer Wars! Sounds like the BC is in the thick of it.

FYI I remember reading in previous incarnations of the thread that there is another laundry room at the Yacht club and there is also another laundry room at the Beach Club. To get to the "secret" laundry room at the BC go to the secret exit at room 1501. Go outside and walk to the next furthest down hotel external door, (following the hotel patios on the outside of the beach club, you are walking away from that path by the lake) Go in that outside door and on the first floor right by that door is a second laundry room.

I don't know what the official directions are, it's just something I remember I read. We always do laundry on our trips and after a VERY bad experience at the Wilderness lodge I figured that "secret Laundry Room" had my name all over it!

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

BTW Have you seen Teena at SAB with Lily?
.... AND perhaps you can have maintenance lug that busted toilet down to Storm Along Bay and see if any seat hogs claim it for their own! :lmao:

~NM

I checked the secret one first. There were already two ladies in there with several bags of dirty clothes.

I have not seen Teena yet! But I want to!! I didn't go to SAB today, I was going to but got sidetracked here with the maintenance issues. I will look for her tomorrow , I would like to see her and talk. :)

Ninja Mom said:
Maybe you could ask them to move one of the Queen beds from the toilet room into the new room so everyone could fit?

~NM

Now that would have been interesting! Lol :D

donnaf516 said:
Wait...is SAB scheduled for rehab later this month??

No, just hurricane Hannah's and around that area. I don't think they have to close any part of the pool??? But I'm not sure.

I always like to end the day with pictures :)

today was AK :thumbsup2

IMG_1894.jpg

Oh man it was a hot one today!

IMG_1896.jpg

Tons of animals on the safari today!

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

If you want more animals check my photobucket :)

And the gorillas were awesome!!! :thumbsup2

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

I got a really good video of them interacting with each other....

Cycling his way to a frozen coke! LOL :rotfl:

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

Our delicious lunch at Yak & Yeti was such a nice break during the day. The a/c felt soooo good! :worship: We had the fried green bean appetizer (super good!) the pork eggrolls too... then I had the bourbon chicken, mom had the vegetable low mein, kids had chicken fried rice and a burger, everything was good. Normally we eat at Flame Tree but we really felt like we needed an a/c break and when we went inside the restaurant they could immediately seat us even without a reservation. :woohoo:

There were no more pictures today after this because I got the DUMP SEAT on Kali and spent the rest of the afternoon wringing out my clothes :rotfl2:

Great pics! Glad they fixed the toilet:cheer2: Get yourself some rest so you can have more fun tomorrow:)

Ninja Mom said:
OMG on all the problems!!

Chair Hogs, Toilet Trouble and now Washer Wars! Sounds like the BC is in the thick of it.

FYI I remember reading in previous incarnations of the thread that there is another laundry room at the Yacht club and there is also another laundry room at the Beach Club. To get to the "secret" laundry room at the BC go to the secret exit at room 1501. Go outside and walk to the next furthest down hotel external door, (following the hotel patios on the outside of the beach club, you are walking away from that path by the lake) Go in that outside door and on the first floor right by that door is a second laundry room.

I don't know what the official directions are, it's just something I remember I read. We always do laundry on our trips and after a VERY bad experience at the Wilderness lodge I figured that "secret Laundry Room" had my name all over it!

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

BTW Have you seen Teena at SAB with Lily?
.... AND perhaps you can have maintenance lug that busted toilet down to Storm Along Bay and see if any seat hogs claim it for their own! :lmao:

~NM

Is that the BCV laundry room?

babyberger said:
Erika, I am so sorry you are having such an issue with the toilet. I am surprised that they aren't finding you a room that will work for you. I mean seriously, a queen and a day bed for a party of 5, that just isn't even realistic. I hope all this gets figured out soon. But I am impressed with your positive attitude :goodvibes I hope the rest of your trip is problem free!!!

Yeah, I want to know about this as well. The only reason I have the YC booked for Sept and Oct is for SAB, and if there is going to be construction other than to HH I would like to know now so I can try to move my reservations if need be. There is no way I am going over to BWI to use the pool, my kids got scared looking at the huge scary clown at the pool :worried:

My thoughts exactly on the clown pool!

Glad your bathroom issues have been resolved, Cape May Cafe was closing for a rehab while we were there last month, does anything look different? Have a great day today!!!:cool1:

Good news!!!! The toilet is fixed and the smell is gone. A bit of a bleach smell now but I can live with it. My feet are so tired, I am exhausted. Never been so happy to lay down!!!!!! :) :) :)

So glad your toilet issues are solved. Got to admit when I saw your post about the Dump Seat, well..........Just glad it was Kali!

We too love Yak & Yeti. Our routine with AK is arrrive for the parade, early dinner and then hit the rides. AK seems to be much less crowded late in the day!

Thanks for taking us along!

Amazing Safari and Gorilla pictures!!!

Wow, did they let you into the lions' den? And the cheetah's too?

Koh1977 said:
Ack!! I hope not!!

I'm pretty sure it's just hurricane Hannah's and the seating around it. Shouldn't affect the pool unless maybe just the very edge near the bar maybe. But as far as I know it is just impacting guests as far as getting food and drinks... And they moved the kids activities.

kaitlyn0616 said:
Glad your bathroom issues have been resolved, Cape May Cafe was closing for a rehab while we were there last month, does anything look different? Have a great day today!!!:cool1:

Nothing major that I could tell. But it had been a few years since we last ate there so it wasn't fresh in my mind as far as carpet and table linens, etc. the food was all good. Dh and DS ate a ton of crab legs. Mom and I loved the pot roast (I think they called it short ribs but it tasted just like pot roast) and they had salmon, fried clams, mussels, a carving station, corn on the cob, cornbread, various salads, a pasta dish, a kids buffet, lots of desserts. I think pretty much anyone could find something they liked.

natebenma said:
Amazing Safari and Gorilla pictures!!!

Wow, did they let you into the lions' den? And the cheetah's too?

I was so surprised to see that male lion so visible. Usually we only see the back of his head! The cheetahs were a bit hard to find. They were pretty far back in their area. but all in all we saw more animals than usual. And I didn't realize there was no more shaking bridge and no poachers chase with little red. All that is gone. As we drive towards the end we saw the new zebra area that he said should be completed by next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter