The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Polynesian!! 7/27-8/3 Come join the fun!!! :)

That's ridiculous! I don't know that she has ever heard the word "moderation"???

Makes me wonder how many we're in her party or did she have " guests" at the pool? When we take snack or drinks to the pool we each take a plastic cup and fill it with a few things, grab a soda or fill up a cup with juice( to go with the rum we brought) & that's more than enough b/c we eat normal meals too.. Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Same thing happened to me today with a friend, she's never been but said if she did go she knows she would only go once. :rolleyes2 As my soon to be 14 year old would say "Whatever" :laughing:

I remember our trip in March of 2000. We met a family in Epcot that said they came to Disney once a year. Later I told my hubby that I can't imagine coming that often. That I thought Disney would lose it's magic. Well that notion changed quickly. I direct you to my signature.....:rotfl::rotfl:

Your Poly pictures are making me ache for a deluxe resort stay. We use to always stay at the deluxe resorts but once air fare started to go up so much and life getting more expensive, we had to switch to the Values. Which I don't mind at all. The upcoming trip booking the Pop paid off. We are in the magicband test group. I think that will add a little more excitement to the trip. :)

Next April the van will be paid off. I think I am gonna convince the hubby that the first few months after it's paid to put that money away for the summer trip and do a deluxe stay.

It is such a shame that people take advantage of the evening food offerings and make a meal out of them to feed their families. :sad2: It's just wrong. I honestly would feel so badly if all I offered my children and husband for dinner was cheese and crackers and the appetizers that are found at the lounge. That kind of food is meant to be eaten in moderation for the good of one's own health! :rolleyes1

I hope I don't get flamed for this but if it comes down to staying club or providing your families with meals while at Disney, choose the meals over club. Club is not meant to be a substitute for meals. If that is what one is looking for they will be disappointed. The breakfast is continental breakfast only.

Oh well. :confused3 It happens! Love your reports and stories, Erika! Even the club stories, although shocking, always entertaining!! :thumbsup2

Pics from last night at poly beach:

null_zps7fddc568.jpg

null_zps34cf19f0.jpg

null_zps93744f42.jpg

null_zpse6612e9c.jpg

null_zpsb94504c9.jpg

null_zpsb1aa1bc4.jpg

null_zps305a2a3d.jpg

null_zps6d7e4ca4.jpg

null_zps9c178f1a.jpg

null_zpsa49c024e.jpg

Castle in the background :)

null_zps658a39f3.jpg

We headed inside the lounge for wishes because the bugs were getting us .... The view is better than this picture because my camera focused on the glass.

null_zps46be149c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It is such a shame that people take advantage of the evening food offerings and make a meal out of them to feed their families. :sad2: It's just wrong. I honestly would feel so badly if all I offered my children and husband for dinner was cheese and crackers and the appetizers that are found at the lounge. That kind of food is meant to be eaten in moderation for the good of one's own health! :rolleyes1

I hope I don't get flamed for this but if it comes down to staying club or providing your families with meals while at Disney, choose the meals over club. Club is not meant to be a substitute for meals. If that is what one is looking for they will be disappointed. The breakfast is continental breakfast only.

Oh well. :confused3 It happens! Love your reports and stories, Erika! Even the club stories, although shocking, always entertaining!! :thumbsup2

I agree. I think a lot of people try to use the cl as a replacement for meals and that doesnt work with the number of people staying there. We will be there in a couple of weeks it will be interesting to see if it happens then.

Headed to AK! :)

Don't forget to follow my live tweets and pics!

@Erika_Murphy

Tonight is Whispering Canyon and EMH at Epcot.

Breakfast in the lounge this morning was so calm and quiet at 10:15. :)

Thanks for the updates and the links to the photos at PB.

I just have to ask though, do they ever check all the folks in line for food in the lounge? I think I already know the answer, but that sounds crazy!!! All those people in line, and the hoarding??? I can totally picture it, but OMG (goodness)!!! I have to worry that there are folks out there who "tag along" with others who are staying CL, or worse yet, somehow manage to get into the building by following along when they see others go in. After all, if a few folks were walking behind you as you entered the building where you are staying, how would you know that they weren't staying there as well?

I do agree with those who've said that some people try to substitute meals with the lounge offerings. I also agree that between choosing CL and a dining plan, I would (and do) choose the dining plan all day long. I really enjoy the experience of the different restaurants. I think it's really rude to try to make a meal for your whole family out of what are supposed to be light snacks.

Ok, back to the important stuff! How much fun you are having, and more photos. Thanks for taking the time! I just realized our trip to Poly is three weeks away!!!! :yay:

I did not know Yak and Yeti was owned by Landry's. hmmmmm

The boys signed up to be Wilderness Explorers and took off LOL ;)

null_zpsc85c8896.jpg

null_zpsa29fbb79.jpg

null_zps27838a52.jpg

Thanks for the updates and the links to the photos at PB.

I just have to ask though, do they ever check all the folks in line for food in the lounge? I think I already know the answer, but that sounds crazy!!! All those people in line, and the hoarding??? I can totally picture it, but OMG (goodness)!!! I have to worry that there are folks out there who "tag along" with others who are staying CL, or worse yet, somehow manage to get into the building by following along when they see others go in. After all, if a few folks were walking behind you as you entered the building where you are staying, how would you know that they weren't staying there as well?

I do agree with those who've said that some people try to substitute meals with the lounge offerings. I also agree that between choosing CL and a dining plan, I would (and do) choose the dining plan all day long. I really enjoy the experience of the different restaurants. I think it's really rude to try to make a meal for your whole family out of what are supposed to be light snacks.

Ok, back to the important stuff! How much fun you are having, and more photos. Thanks for taking the time! I just realized our trip to Poly is three weeks away!!!! :yay:

No they don't check. And it's very possible people could be bringing guests. It's especially hard for them to police the lounge since the CMs are mostly downstairs on the first floor. We made friends with Irv from Baltimore upstairs and he has been taking good care of us. But he's probably one of the hardest working CMs on property.

Lurking, but quite enjoying the live report! :goodvibes

I have to give a big :scared1: about the CL hoarders. Luckily, we have not experienced this in our CL stays, but I've seen so many reports of it. It's crazy!

I just don't understand how someone could clear out a tray when there is a line of people behind them (or anytime really). It's just not nice, and uncalled for. :sad2:

Lurking, but quite enjoying the live report! :goodvibes

I have to give a big :scared1: about the CL hoarders. Luckily, we have not experienced this in our CL stays, but I've seen so many reports of it. It's crazy!

I just don't understand how someone could clear out a tray when there is a line of people behind them (or anytime really). It's just not nice, and uncalled for. :sad2:

There is no shame. I have been right behind people who have taken everything on the plate knowing I'm right behind them. Mind blowing.

The boys are back!!! They completed 18 badges!! Lol

Even with the instructions that the badges are a "lifetime" experience and not meant to be done in one day, they are determined to finish them all.

Headed back to the poly. Boy it is hot today, but the boys were committed to wilderness exploring and ended with 26 badges for the day!

null_zps8c75ba1e.jpg

They would have stayed longer but we were worn out!

Everest was great as usual, the park was crowded but manageable. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter