The November 2015 Open Pre and Live Trip Reports

Made it here today, checked in just at lunchtime. The line was out to the main road, but they moved a ton of rv's fast! Our site was ready, 500 loop. Biked to the marina, went swimming in meadows pool, and biked to the wilderness lodge before dinner at Trails end. It's been a great afternoon! Downtown disney tonight and Epcot tomorrow!

OK....... we are coming in on Wednesday November 4th and you guys that are there now are making me a little nervous. We have stayed at the Fort 4 times and have never experienced some of what I'm reading now like parking in the fields by the hitch / unhitching area and check in lines out to Vista Blvd. Is this due to Halloween / Trick or Treat?

OK....... we are coming in on Wednesday November 4th and you guys that are there now are making me a little nervous. We have stayed at the Fort 4 times and have never experienced some of what I'm reading now like parking in the fields by the hitch / unhitching area and check in lines out to Vista Blvd. Is this due to Halloween / Trick or Treat?

I think after Halloween churn. Hope so! This was
Checkin around 2:00
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@ruthies12 I want to come be your tag along kid. Your girls are going to just love everything. What a great mom they have!!! Safe travels and looking forward to more pics!

I have to agree, sure would be hard finding something comparable to what you have now....drool!

Happy bday!

We made it!
image.jpeg

Settled into site 1326. Hope to get out some Tommorrow!

Another great day at the Fort...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 14
I can't believe it is the day after Halloween and they don't have the Christmas decorations up yet! What are they waiting for!?! To the campers there now I'd demand money back!:tongue:

Today we made our way to Epcot for and extended lunch at the Food and Wine festival.

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

Snacked our way around and over the bridge to France before we ran out of room for lunch!

Picked up an internet kit from the Meadows, and did some looping in the truck. A lot of Halloween decorations are still up

IMG_4573.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG

IMG_4575.JPG

And saw some interesting campers

IMG_1652.JPG

Mickey and the gang were checking in today

camper1.jpg

and this site from last night

IMG_1646.JPG

Another great day at the Fort!

We check in next Thursday. Started my packing list today. Omitted the light jacket and added swimsuit and fan. I can't believe we are still in the low 90s here in central Fl. I was really hoping for some cooler weather.

Yes Halloween. Went looping today and and all seems to be back to normal, at least for this Halloween year.

Went to Epcot today, rode soarin, the land, the sea, and ate some good food. Came back for dinner and after swam at meadows pool. We are loving it here!

Yes Halloween. Went looping today and and all seems to be back to normal, at least for this Halloween year.

Went to Epcot today, rode soarin, the land, the sea, and ate some good food. Came back for dinner and after swam at meadows pool. We are loving it here!

Thanks pluto67 for the good news update.

Squrl......glad you are having a great time. You will be just like the rest of us......after your first time to the Fort.....your hooked. You are already thinking about that next visit before the first one is over. Ain't it great!! :)

So Jets70, how was that Mt. Pleasant KOA you stayed at while in Charleston? DW and I have wanted to visit Charleston and it's just a little further than we can do in a quick trip. Naturally I would pull my trailer and stay in a campground so I'd like to hear what you thought of the KOA.

We've been to Savannah and enjoyed it a lot and Charleston would offer a similar experience I guess...

Bama Ed

Good Morning all......
Doing my final packing tonight. We pull out tomorrow afternoon. The DW and me have to work half a day. Will be a long half day.... Going halfway to Perry FL then off to the Fort on Thursday. Hope to be there by 1 PM. I have requested loop 1600. Mr. Scupper.. Would it hurt to call today give them my reservation number and request it again????
Ready to get harassed by the Squirrels. Love the little beggars....

1 Day 3 Hours 40 Minutes and counting. love the short counts...............

Ed.....we both really enjoyed the KOA at Mt Pleasant. Bathhouse was clean and there are individual shower rooms with with locking doors. The staff was excellent and as you would expect....the campers were friendly. Met a couple from New Hampshire, very nice people. The campground itself was very clean and well maintained. Sites were level crushed limestone. We would definitely go back. We rode over to James Co Park to look at that campground and they were going to charge us 4 dollars just to ride the motorcycle through and look at the grounds. Not a good way to drum up buisness. :mad:
We really enjoyed Charleston. There is so much to do and see and the food is excellent. The KOA campground is about a 20 minute drive for most things that you would want to do or see with the exception of Angel Oak. Did I say that the food was excellent??:)
If you were considering the spring time be sure and check dates for the bridge run and triathalon. We were told that it is chaos there during those times.

PS.....the food is excellent!!

Last edited:
Thanks pluto67 for the good news update.

Squrl......glad you are having a great time. You will be just like the rest of us......after your first time to the Fort.....your hooked. You are already thinking about that next visit before the first one is over. Ain't it great!! :)

The nice lady at the Settlement Trading Post said it was calming down after a packed weekend she said it was a little slow now. There are open sites in the 1300 loop and checking looked very calm yesterday.....

Hmmmm ..... another trip to the Fort sounds good......

We are definately hooked! This is our first time on property, and I don't think we will do it any other way again! Trying to think of ways to come back next year! We did Magic Kingdom today and had so much fun. And we only have a storm trooper face mask on our post for decoration, but definately want to plan something for next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter