~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

The last 2 times we went to Disney we went end of Sept/early Oct and I really love being there that time of year. Crowds are low, weather is great, free dining is offered and we usually hit both the F&W festival and MNSSHP.

This will be the first time we have ever gone in Jan so it will be a totally new experience for us. Really looking forward to being part of my nieces big birthday milestones. :love:

I have looked at a lot of the different designs. Made a few shirts when we went back in 2006 with designs made on the dis. So many creative people on one lovely site. :goodvibes

There are a TON of creative people here! Have you been over to the Creative DISigns Board? :faint: I could spend hours there looking at signs, dining punch cards, t-shirt transfer patterns, etc., etc., etc. :surfweb:

So excited to see this tread!...We are planning our next Disney Christmas/20th Anniv./DS HS graduation trip! Planning on POR, Dec 21-26. we have a few comp. resort nights so the cost will be a bit lower for us! hoping that with the comp. days I will still be able to pay for DDP!

Glad to see you found the new thread! :welcome: You have so much to celebrate on your trip. ::yes:: I'll get you added to the list.

Yay! We're planning for 2014 as well, so I'll join in!

We have PAPs which we will activate on our upcoming trip (August 2013) and get a second trip out of them by going again earlier in the summer of 2014. :thumbsup2 Either late July or very early August (last day to use the PAPs will be August 10, 2014). We know it will be HOT but we always go in August so we are used to it. DH is a teacher so we are limited to summers and school vacations & have more time in the summer so that's our choice.

Unsure of resort at this point. We go for long-ish (usually 12 days) and like split stays. We will probably do one half at one of our home resorts (BWV or BLT) and the other half somewhere new. I would love to try BCV but not sure if we would get in at 7 months in the summer. Would also love to try VWL. So anyway, we have a lot unknown at this point. Bearcat, put me wherever you want on the list for now and I'll keep you updated as we make plans.

Glad to have found this thread!

:welcome: Happy you decided to join in! I'll see where your info fits best and update as needed. ;)

We are planning our first trip for May 3-10! :yay:

Is this your first post? Let me first say :welcome: to the DIS! This site is huge and can seem overwhelming at first, so if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to ask. ;)

Congrats on planning your first ever trip! Any ideas on where you might want to stay?

We need updating!

We have chosen our resort -- AOA -- I can't resist that Finding Nemo family suite!

Girls' only trip...so just me, the oldest daughter -- who will be starting her senior year of college the day after we return! -- and the youngest daughter.

August 13-24! I can't believe the DH said, "Go for it," to a 12-day Disney stay!! :hyper:

So...no boys or hubby on this trip -- but they're already planning a 2015 April / May trip to POR! I hope the Disney love never ends for my kids! :lovestruc

:laughing: That suite does look really nice. It will be fun to have a girl's only trip!

I'll update ya. ::yes::

:welcome: And you're welcome! :goodvibes Happy you decided to join in the discussion!

We did Kona for breakfast last trip - sooooo yummy. <drool> Do you generally do the DDP or do you go OOP? Since we're staying offsite this time, everything will be OOP for us after two FD trips.

We've done the DDP plan in our past 2 trips. In 2010, we fell into free dining for our vacation. Last month, we bought into the DxDP. I did the math. Since we were doing a couple of dinner/show combos (Candlelight Processional and Fantasmic!) which took 2 credits each, and dinner at Le Cellier, which is 2 credits too, the DxDP made sense. And the convenience was nice too.

But without the shows, the DDP would have been fine for us, with maybe 2 meals out of pocket.

Is this your first post? Let me first say :welcome: to the DIS! This site is huge and can seem overwhelming at first, so if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to ask. ;)

Congrats on planning your first ever trip! Any ideas on where you might want to stay?

Sorry, I didn't see this post before i wrote another one. Yes, that was my first post!:woohoo: So glad I found this site!
We are planning on staying at AoA.

AOA is popular! LOL!

This won't be our first trip, but it WILL be the first time we've ever stayed on-site!! I can't wait for that!! :cool1:

We've done the DDP plan in our past 2 trips. In 2010, we fell into free dining for our vacation. Last month, we bought into the DxDP. I did the math. Since we were doing a couple of dinner/show combos (Candlelight Processional and Fantasmic!) which took 2 credits each, and dinner at Le Cellier, which is 2 credits too, the DxDP made sense. And the convenience was nice too.

But without the shows, the DDP would have been fine for us, with maybe 2 meals out of pocket.

I love when I read that people "did the math" before purchasing the dining plan. To me, it's smart to figure out if it makes financial sense to you before you add it instead of just going with it and hoping it works out. Unless, of course, convenience is the only factor as opposed to budget. For us, budget is always a concern!

Sorry, I didn't see this post before i wrote another one. Yes, that was my first post!:woohoo: So glad I found this site!
We are planning on staying at AoA.

No worries. :teeth: I will update the listing for you on the first page to reflect where you're staying. ::yes::

So excited! We are going March 1st - March 6th at WDW and March 6-9th on the Dream!

Not sure where we are staying. I am leaning toward CSR.

So excited! We are going March 1st - March 6th at WDW and March 6-9th on the Dream!

Not sure where we are staying. I am leaning toward CSR.

Another first-time poster! :welcome: to the DIS and to our group. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

How exciting for you - WDW and a cruise! What itinerary are you doing for your cruise?

I'll add you to the list. ::yes::

You know, I really like this idea of a 2014 thread - I was on the Dec 12 thread and I went in the very beginning of the month, so unless I was going through TPAS I didn't hear all of what was going on through people - this will be fun!

Also - I really do have the Disney sickness - I basically have 3 trips in the works and I want more....:faint: I keep thinking how easy long weekends would be there if we move farther south....

DH and I are going on our first trip without our kids(they are more or less grown). Anyway we will be there Jan.10-16. Planning on doing the 1/2 marathon. Already very excited.

You know, I really like this idea of a 2014 thread - I was on the Dec 12 thread and I went in the very beginning of the month, so unless I was going through TPAS I didn't hear all of what was going on through people - this will be fun!

Also - I really do have the Disney sickness - I basically have 3 trips in the works and I want more....:faint: I keep thinking how easy long weekends would be there if we move farther south....

I'm glad! I love talking with others about Disney, and my husband and other family members can only take so much of it! :laughing: The DIS is my one and only outlet where I can fly my freak flag proudly. :teeth:

Plus I know it's way too early to start a November 2014 thread, and this way I can live vicariously through everyone else who is going before me! :goodvibes I love to see what others are planning and how they're budgeting and what creative things they're doing for their own trips.

This is sooo exciting!!! We will be there Dec 1-6.

:welcome: to the group! Any idea of where you might be staying?

DH and I are going on our first trip without our kids(they are more or less grown). Anyway we will be there Jan.10-16. Planning on doing the 1/2 marathon. Already very excited.

:welcome: An adults-only trip! If you need some romantic ideas, ask away - all my trips are adults-only. ::yes::

Any thoughts of where you'd like to stay?

pinkminniemouse said:
We visited Nov19-24, 2012. DH, DD10, DD8, DD 7months stayed in a 2BR at SSR.l

Sorry. DD9months took my phone. We loved our stay and will be back at SSR in October 2014. No exact days yet but we are narrowing it down. Fingers crossed for free dining!!!!

We visited Nov19-24, 2012. DH, DD10, DD8, DD 7months stayed in a 2BR at SSR.

Sorry. DD9months took my phone. We loved our stay and will be back at SSR in October 2014. No exact days yet but we are narrowing it down. Fingers crossed for free dining!!!!

:welcome: to our group, and :welcome: to the DIS! Love your screenname. ::yes::

Isn't SSR fantastic? We loved our stay there in September, also. Made us consider buying into DVC, we loved it so much. It's such a beautiful place.

I'll get you added to the list. ;)

I may be one step closer to getting a quick trip this year! :banana: We were talking about it again last night and my husband was asking about cheap flights, when we would go, etc. I'm not holding my breath, but at least this is progress! ::yes::

Keep your collective fingers crossed for me! :teeth:

I may be one step closer to getting a quick trip this year! :banana: We were talking about it again last night and my husband was asking about cheap flights, when we would go, etc. I'm not holding my breath, but at least this is progress! ::yes::

Keep your collective fingers crossed for me! :teeth:

Good luck and happy early birthday (I remember you posting earlier it was coming up)
I'm in the same position - I was telling DD4 that how she won't be 6 until we go back and then DH chimed in and said well maybe we could go when she's 5 and mentioned that he's anxious to see the new fantasyland finished (this is the same guy that I had to beg and convince to go in 2011 - now I have him hooked! Or "disneyafied" as I like to call it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter