~*~The OFFICIAL 2014 Dates Thread - Come Join Us!~*~

Thanks so much for coordinating all of this BearcatsFan! It gives us all an outlet and something to look forward to :)

Put me down for 3/30-4/4/14 at AKV for our family. 17 definite so far...Yikes! And of course, I'm the family appointed coordinator:goodvibes

I am planning on going Feb. 2014 for an all girls weekend to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon :yay:. Not sure of those dates yet. We are also planning a long family vacation Aug 15-30. July 2014 my oldest DS turns 16 and I turn 40 :eek:. We want to go spend time and relax at Disney with hopefully lower crowd levels then Spring Break, a couple days at Universal and then a day visiting my sister in law.

:welcome: It sounds like you have a lot to celebrate in 2014! :yay: Any ideas of where you want to stay?

We'll be there March 1st-8th at the Polynesian. We'll be celebrating DD's bday - she'll turn 10 on 3/1/14. The whole traveling group is still up in the air, but the for-sures are: the 4 of us, my sister and her current-fiancée-then-husband, DH's brother, wife and their son, who will be 7 then. And likely DH's other, single brother. Possibly some friends, too!

:welcome: Glad to see you found the new thread!

We are going in mid-November 2014. We are hoping to go late enough to go to the Christmas party, but early enough to miss the Thanksgiving crowds. :)

:welcome: Sounds like you have the exact same time frame as me! We're going the 15th - 22nd for those reasons. ::yes:: Look forward to see what dates you decide on. Any resorts in mind?

I'll eventually be starting an individual thread for us November people, but I'm going to wait until it gets a lot closer so we can have plenty of people to keep it going.

Tentative dates Jan 30- Feb 8th

Depending on what sort of discount we can get it will be between POR or SO

It will be dh's first visit ever!

:welcome: Congrats on your DH's first ever visit! :banana: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a great discount for you. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for coordinating all of this BearcatsFan! It gives us all an outlet and something to look forward to :)

Put me down for 3/30-4/4/14 at AKV for our family. 17 definite so far...Yikes! And of course, I'm the family appointed coordinator:goodvibes

You're welcome! :goodvibes I have plenty of time to do it - I'm still laid up from my ankle injury back in September. :eek:

:welcome: Glad you decided to come over and join us! Sometimes being the coordinator can be good - I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. How can you fail? You have all of us at the DIS, remember? :teeth:

Jumping on board.

Fresh from our Dec 2012 vacation, we've already started talking about Dec 2014. We are Port Orleans - Riverside folk. We'll probably do 8 days (including a travel day, a must in my book).

Our must do restaurants:
-Breakfast-
Kona Cafe
Tusker House

-Lunch/Dinner-
Tutto Italia
Le Cellier
Boatwright's

-Snacks-
Karamelle Kuche'
Turkey leg
Dole Whip

We love going in Dec, and taking in all Disney has to offer for the season. The deocrations, the resort hopping, Osbourne Lights, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional.

Hopefully, everything will pan out for us, and the trip becomes a reality

Thanks for starting the thread Bearcat

Hi we are going in January! We plan on a Savannah View at AKL. :) Not sure of our dates (suggestions welcome) and still trying to decide on Kidani or Jambo... We will be staying in a 1bed Villa. :)

Hi Sat887,

Looks like we are going to be "thread-mates" again. Though we will be going down at opposite ends of the year. It's always nice to see a familiar name. :thumbsup2

Jumping on board.

Fresh from our Dec 2012 vacation, we've already started talking about Dec 2014. We are Port Orleans - Riverside folk. We'll probably do 8 days (including a travel day, a must in my book).

Our must do restaurants:
-Breakfast-
Kona Cafe
Tusker House

-Lunch/Dinner-
Tutto Italia
Le Cellier
Boatwright's

-Snacks-
Karamelle Kuche'
Turkey leg
Dole Whip

We love going in Dec, and taking in all Disney has to offer for the season. The deocrations, the resort hopping, Osbourne Lights, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional.

:welcome: And you're welcome! :goodvibes Happy you decided to join in the discussion!

We did Kona for breakfast last trip - sooooo yummy. <drool> Do you generally do the DDP or do you go OOP? Since we're staying offsite this time, everything will be OOP for us after two FD trips.

Yay! :banana:

Thanks for creating this thread. My info:

Dates: October 17-25, 2014 (give or take a day)
Staying: Off-site..maybe Bonnet Creek (or wherever I can get a great timeshare rate)
Celebrating: Our first Halloween at Disney! My oldest DD will hopefully fly down and spend her 19th birthday with us.
Special Notes: I'm considering making this a half-WDW, half-DCL (first timers!) trip. We shall see.....:rolleyes1

I simply can't wait. I actually tweaked my anniversary trip this Sept so that I could get a 2 day "fix" to last me until 2014!

Jumping on board.

Our must do restaurants:
-Breakfast-
Kona Cafe
Tusker House

-Lunch/Dinner-
Tutto Italia
Le Cellier
Boatwright's

-Snacks-
Karamelle Kuche'
Turkey leg
Dole Whip

Hi Sat887,

Looks like we are going to be "thread-mates" again. Though we will be going down at opposite ends of the year. It's always nice to see a familiar name. :thumbsup2

BDL! :wave2: We might do Dec 2014 as well... We LOVED going in Dec - however we are trying to be semi thrifty and the allure of AP's has gotten to us (We are also going for a couple nights Oct 13) Our ultimate plan is Jan 14 and Dec 14 with the purchase of AP's. However the Dec 14 has the option of 2 different travel groups, a) my sister and her family or b) DH's family.... It's so up in the air we have no idea :) Have you started your TR yet?

I'm subscribed here now too!

We're looking at the first part of November - the rest is unknown. Looking forward to Halloween/Christmas trip if it all works out.

Resort - still undecided but will likely end up AoA.

Glad to be part of an "official" group again:banana:

Yay! :banana:

Thanks for creating this thread. My info:

Dates: October 17-25, 2014 (give or take a day)
Staying: Off-site..maybe Bonnet Creek (or wherever I can get a great timeshare rate)
Celebrating: Our first Halloween at Disney! My oldest DD will hopefully fly down and spend her 19th birthday with us.
Special Notes: I'm considering making this a half-WDW, half-DCL (first timers!) trip. We shall see.....:rolleyes1

I simply can't wait. I actually tweaked my anniversary trip this Sept so that I could get a 2 day "fix" to last me until 2014!

You're welcome!

:welcome: Glad to see you found the new thread. Your 2-day fix comment made me laugh! :laughing: I know what you mean, though. I've been nagging my husband about a fast trip this year, but it's a no-go. :guilty:

I'm subscribed here now too!

We're looking at the first part of November - the rest is unknown. Looking forward to Halloween/Christmas trip if it all works out.

Resort - still undecided but will likely end up AoA.

Glad to be part of an "official" group again:banana:

Hey! Glad to see you over here! :welcome: I'll add you to the list.

Whereabouts in Ohio are you?

You're welcome!

:welcome: Glad to see you found the new thread. Your 2-day fix comment made me laugh! :laughing: I know what you mean, though. I've been nagging my husband about a fast trip this year, but it's a no-go. :guilty:

Hey! Glad to see you over here! :welcome: I'll add you to the list.

Whereabouts in Ohio are you?

I'm in north west Ohio, near Oregon (between Toledo and Port Clinton on Lake Erie)
I'm thinking you're from the Cinci area?

I'm in north west Ohio, near Oregon (between Toledo and Port Clinton on Lake Erie)
I'm thinking you're from the Cinci area?

Yep. ::yes:: I've been as far north as Geauga Lake, but that was many years ago. Have you ever been down this way?

Yep. ::yes:: I've been as far north as Geauga Lake, but that was many years ago. Have you ever been down this way?

I have but it's been quite awhile. The last time I was at Kings Island I was in high school and then a few years after that I came down with a friend to visit a friend of hers and we went to a festival downtown - but that was even about 15 years ago.

Also - saw your grand marshall notation - how fun that must have been! We missed having you on our home movie by 1 day - it took me a minute than I realized we taped the parade on 9/26/11!

I have but it's been quite awhile. The last time I was at Kings Island I was in high school and then a few years after that I came down with a friend to visit a friend of hers and we went to a festival downtown - but that was even about 15 years ago.

Also - saw your grand marshall notation - how fun that must have been! We missed having you on our home movie by 1 day - it took me a minute than I realized we taped the parade on 9/26/11!

We haven't been to King's Island in years and it's practically in our back yard. :laughing:

That's so funny about the Grand Marshal thing! I've often wondered if anyone here has us on video or in their photos. ::yes::

Found you! :cool1:

So right now the plan is May 23-29 again, but it may change by a day or two, depending on when school gets out. I don't mind them missing the last few days but I don't know when it'll be yet LOL

My plan was AoA in a LK or FN suite, but after reading a lot about Bonnet Creek and can cut the cost in half, we may do that instead but I am very much undecided. However if we go with BC, we may can do a split DW and US/IOA trip because I really really want to go see all things Harry Potter. ::yes::

So we'll see, but either way I am looking forward to May 14 and have been entering that dang disney contest in hopes to go this year:wizard:

Yay 2014! When we drove home last month we debated when we should go again. We always go in December and were flirting with the idea of trying a different time of year. Our oldest DS really wants to go for his birthday so we are planning on going in January of 2014, which probably means no 2013 trip...we'll see. Planning to stay at the Contemporary for the first time. DH really does not want to collapse the stroller any more than necessary!

We are actually moving back to the Gulf Coast of FL soon so we are flirting with the idea of getting passes and going at least twice. If so I think we'll aim for end of Sept/early October so we can check out the Halloween party and Food & Wine. Or maybe we'll just go back in Dec. or both?

I digress though. January 2014, looking at around the 11th-17th at the Contemporary. And my husband is insisting on the deluxe dining plan so I foresee a lot of food in our future!

We are planning an October 2014 trip. It was going to be an October 2013 trip, but my daughter had an unexpected surgery and our Disney money will be going to medical bills.

Our plan is to go October 19 -24. Not sure of resort, looking at POR, POFQ and AOA. MY daughter loves the look of the Little Mermaid rooms. We will be celebrating my daughters birthday (9) during the trip. :banana::banana::banana:

:welcome: It sounds like you have a lot to celebrate in 2014! :yay: Any ideas of where you want to stay?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm really hoping to stay at BWI or Dolphin for Christmas and the Princess Half. Then in August we are planning a split stay, a few days at Wilderness Cabins, and either BC or BWI. If it was up to the kids, they'd pick AoA, but being there in the summer I think they'd appreciate the pool at BC. It also kind of depends if there are any discounts offered. That may change where we stay all together.

Thank you for doing this! I don't know why my post said SO. It should have said WL! Sorry about that.

:welcome: I'll get you added to the list!

It sounds like you're going to have a large group - are you planning to make matching t-shirts or anything like that? It would be so much fun to celebrate a birthday at WDW!

The plan is to make matching shirts for at least one of the days. I am also planning to watch the Disney Store for when the personalized fleece goes on sale and plan to buy them for everyone for Christmas presents to get us ready to go.:cool1:

I will never be able to celebrate my birthday or my DD's birthday at WDW because we are both June birthday's and I would never want to go to Florida in the summer. Maybe next time we go we can celebrate my DS's birthday since he is an October birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter