*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

Typical of my house also ::yes::

Seems I can't upload a pic from my own library/album into a post so I've just changed my avatar pic. From left to right it's dd Niamh (Neve) 14, me (Tina) & dd Shauna 11 :wave2:

Tina - looked on your contact info to send you an email.. not one posted there.. can you look under my profile and send me a hello email so I can respond with the attachment?

Just finalized our resort reservations today, July 14th - 19th :cool1:

Monday July 14th, non park day - Dinner at Steak House 55

Tuesday Start off in DL - Fantasmic Desert package 1st show

Wednesday Start off in DCA - Lunch at Carthay (woc menu) 1st WOC Viewing

Thursday DL for DL 59th Anniversary - Dinner grab Corn Dogs from the Red Wagon and stake out a spot for Fireworks

Friday Start off in DCA -

Saturday head back to the mountains of southern New Mexico

Still planning……….

Greg

I love the picture idea! I will of course be wearing my LGMH on my photo pass lanyard, there is also a crystal heart attached. But here is our cast of characters, my profile picture is also rather deceiving. One kiddo is taller than me now and the other 2 are right behind him on that.
Here is myself (Dawn) and the DH Darren
408846031.jpg

And my kiddos, L-R Matthew 12, Arielle who will be 15 and Caleb 13.
408846032.jpg

576074_3977543869387_979656646_n.jpg

Yay! I think I've managed it :yay:
Again: dd Niamh 14, me & dd Shauna 11, they were 12 & 9 in this pic.

268796_3977479387775_1311609032_n.jpg

This is probably the only pic of the 3 of us where I'm not wearing sunglasses-we don't get much sun in Ireland ;)

Thanks for the offer of help Bob but I knew I'd figure it out :thumbsup2

Nintfamily, fab pics :goodvibes

Just finalized our resort reservations today, July 14th - 19th :cool1:

Monday July 14th, non park day - Dinner at Steak House 55

Tuesday Start off in DL - Fantasmic Desert package 1st show

Wednesday Start off in DCA - Lunch at Carthay (woc menu) 1st WOC Viewing

Thursday DL for DL 59th Anniversary - Dinner grab Corn Dogs from the Red Wagon and stake out a spot for Fireworks

Friday Start off in DCA -

Saturday head back to the mountains of southern New Mexico

Still planning……….

Greg

:welcome:Dis Friend - Think I have your agenda listed, please check for me. :goodvibes

I love the picture idea! I will of course be wearing my LGMH on my photo pass lanyard, there is also a crystal heart attached. But here is our cast of characters, my profile picture is also rather deceiving. One kiddo is taller than me now and the other 2 are right behind him on that.
Here is myself (Dawn) and the DH Darren
408846031.jpg

And my kiddos, L-R Matthew 12, Arielle who will be 15 and Caleb 13.
408846032.jpg

576074_3977543869387_979656646_n.jpg

Yay! I think I've managed it :yay:
Again: dd Niamh 14, me & dd Shauna 11, they were 12 & 9 in this pic.

268796_3977479387775_1311609032_n.jpg

This is probably the only pic of the 3 of us where I'm not wearing sunglasses-we don't get much sun in Ireland ;)

Thanks for the offer of help Bob but I knew I'd figure it out :thumbsup2

Nintfamily, fab pics :goodvibes

Both of you have Lovely Families... hope to meet up with you guys during our trip.

Remember - our kids are hooked on Disney for life.... Later in years we'll be tagging along, waving our arms !!Yelling !! Wait for me........:lmao:

Remember - our kids are hooked on Disney for life.... Later in years we'll be tagging along, waving our arms !!Yelling !! Wait for me........:lmao:

Ha ha! I like it :rotfl:

I ordered our Disneyland tickets this evening - woohoo!! :cheer2:

I've decided we will definitely do our first park day in DL park July 4th, I know it will be crowded but we enjoyed the day/eve so much last yr in Seaworld Orlando and I can't wait to celebrate another July 4th :goodvibes

How are everyone else's plans coming along?

Ha ha! I like it :rotfl:

I ordered our Disneyland tickets this evening - woohoo!! :cheer2:

I've decided we will definitely do our first park day in DL park July 4th, I know it will be crowded but we enjoyed the day/eve so much last yr in Seaworld Orlando and I can't wait to celebrate another July 4th :goodvibes

How are everyone else's plans coming along?

Congrat's on landing your Disney tickets..:thumbsup2 Also I have you updated on the first page...:)

Last year at Disneyworld Hmmm!! We were at Disneyworld from the 13th - 21st at AKL.. Were you and your family around then?

Last year at Disneyworld Hmmm!! We were at Disneyworld from the 13th - 21st at AKL.. Were you and your family around then?

We were in Orlando July 2nd - 16th last year, we stayed at Doubletree at Seaworld and Royal Pacific at Universal. The furthest we got to Disney last summer was DTD a few evenings as we had been to DL Paris for 5 days in April so we wanted to do more of the other parks and this years trip was already in the planning process :rolleyes1

I can't wait to get to Disney this year! :cool1:

I can't believe we don't have more people that are planning trips in July!!! I got some goodies from the Disney store day before yesterday (you can see pics in my PTR, thread is in my signature) that is for our trip and its also my kids Easter basket stuff and I have been making some of our shirts, I got several more to do so I will probably be working on that some this weekend!! These four months can't go by fast enough!!

I can't believe we don't have more people that are planning trips in July!!! I got some goodies from the Disney store day before yesterday (you can see pics in my PTR, thread is in my signature) that is for our trip and its also my kids Easter basket stuff and I have been making some of our shirts, I got several more to do so I will probably be working on that some this weekend!! These four months can't go by fast enough!!

Right - not enough people on the thread yet and yes, yes , yes - make the next 4 months fly by. Ready to Party with Minnie and Mickey :lmao:

Love the Easter Basket Ideas and love the T-Shirts.... I really miss shopping at the Disney Store. DD says she is to old. Now she is into Sephora, Patagonia and on and on.....:crazy2: Shopping for DD has gotten expensive.. She loves online shopping - I have got to :badpc: so she can't shop anymore.

:rotfl2:

Bob

We were in Orlando July 2nd - 16th last year, we stayed at Doubletree at Seaworld and Royal Pacific at Universal. The furthest we got to Disney last summer was DTD a few evenings as we had been to DL Paris for 5 days in April so we wanted to do more of the other parks and this years trip was already in the planning process :rolleyes1

I can't wait to get to Disney this year! :cool1:

Paris Disney - Yes and WOW that was a great trip for DD and I.. We want to go again.. The only 2 Disney Resorts left after this years Disneyland trip will be Hong Kong and Aulani.... and don't even know when that will happen.

Last year DD went to Australia with the People Ambassador Program and I almost did not have enough funds for our Disney trip.

Your dd is a very lucky girl :goodvibes

I love the 'Disney bubble' at WDW, hopefully will get there again next year. My sis is off to DL Paris shortly and I'm so jealous but I've no plans for getting back there yet.

My dd 11 would love AK but I don't think it's in the budget, we stayed at Coronado Springs before and it was fab but I think next time maybe Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans.

Maybe there is not going to be many people at Disneyland in July :rotfl2:

We went to DL on a Saturday in July in 2012 and 2013 and were shocked how uncrowded it was. It really helps to have all the AP' blocked out. Even in 2012 when Cars Land was brand new, only Cars Land felt crowded, the rest of the park was great! Hoping for a repeat this year for weekend and weekdays! I love the warm weather and not having to worry about bundling up at night. We just have to keep on our kids to drink their water and we take frequent breaks to sit in the shade and have a snack/re-hydrate. If we go enough days, maybe we will actually check out the pool for once! LOL. Hoping to stay at DLH or PPH and keeping fingers crossed for deals in the summer!

We went to DL on a Saturday in July in 2012 and 2013 and were shocked how uncrowded it was. It really helps to have all the AP' blocked out. Even in 2012 when Cars Land was brand new, only Cars Land felt crowded, the rest of the park was great! Hoping for a repeat this year for weekend and weekdays! I love the warm weather and not having to worry about bundling up at night. We just have to keep on our kids to drink their water and we take frequent breaks to sit in the shade and have a snack/re-hydrate. If we go enough days, maybe we will actually check out the pool for once! LOL. Hoping to stay at DLH or PPH and keeping fingers crossed for deals in the summer!

WOW!!!! -- Thanks for the information, very valuable..

Glad we have a family with DLR July experience...:cool1: I will surely ask questions to help educate our family.. :goodvibes Had to edit my response and ask Deals?? Please let us about the deals in the past.. WOW!!! if there is a summer deal for DLR.. maybe we could stay at one of their Resort Hotels.

Hope you get some pixiedust:

We were there July 2011 and July 2012 and had the same feeling. Carsland was the busiest but the rest wasn't bad at all! We always take a break midday to swim, cool off (this born and raised in the rain Washingtonian gets over heated!) and have lunch.

Your dd is a very lucky girl :goodvibes

I love the 'Disney bubble' at WDW, hopefully will get there again next year. My sis is off to DL Paris shortly and I'm so jealous but I've no plans for getting back there yet.

My dd 11 would love AK but I don't think it's in the budget, we stayed at Coronado Springs before and it was fab but I think next time maybe Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans.

Maybe there is not going to be many people at Disneyland in July :rotfl2:

AKL is pretty reasonable...:thumbsup2 Summer GP discount of 30% for 8 days last year ended up at 1600.00 and some change. WDW has GP discounts every summer.

We have stayed at CBR and POFQ, you will love both and CBR has 20% Summer GP discounts. POFQ - no GP discounts because its small and very popular but PORiverside does offer a 20% discount.
I bet the flights are the most expensive part of your vacation... Since its just my DD and I, vacationing is very affordable.. Wife left us when DD was not even a year old

We were there July 2011 and July 2012 and had the same feeling. Carsland was the busiest but the rest wasn't bad at all! We always take a break midday to swim, cool off (this born and raised in the rain Washingtonian gets over heated!) and have lunch.

Hooray for the July thread. :yay: . More DL July Veterans. We will be well rounded DLR travelers by the end of our trips. :woohoo:

AKL is pretty reasonable...:thumbsup2 Summer GP discount of 30% for 8 days last year ended up at 1600.00 and some change. WDW has GP discounts every summer.

We have stayed at CBR and POFQ, you will love both and CBR has 20% Summer GP discounts. POFQ - no GP discounts because its small and very popular but PORiverside does offer a 20% discount.
I bet the flights are the most expensive part of your vacation... Since its just my DD and I, vacationing is very affordable.. Wife left us when DD was not even a year old

I'm not sure what a GP discount is? When booking direct with Disney (no savings to be made with 3rd parties for Disney hotels) we automatically get directed to the UK site so we book in UK-Sterling, we don't get those fancy discounts ye get on US site :sad2:

For my dates next yr - I know, I know get through this years first but I always like to keep 2 steps ahead :crazy2: -CB/CS/POR/FQ are approx £2200 ($3600ish) for 14 nts and AK is £3600 ($6000). In another couple of months for those same prices we should get free dining on offer. Hold out longer room rates will be cheaper but no free dining. AK would have more of a discount than the others but still a big difference in total price. The free dining is a better offer to us because it saves us more. Yes, flights are a killer :sad2:

Sorry for going off topic talking about WDW when we should be planning DLR for this yr :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter