*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Fastpasses are booked!!!!

Yay! Even though I couldn't get online until after 10 am (darn work!) I was able to get everything I wanted, including FoP and Slinky Dog!!

Currently I only have a 5 day hopper plus (most likely upgrading to AP upon arrival) so I could only book 5 park days for now. I will have to hope for the best when booking additional days later on. :)

Here's how it looks for now;
  • Epcot on arrival day (EMH until 11 pm)...... Soarin' 3:25 - 4:25, Spaceship Earth 4:25 - 5:25, Mission Space 5:55 - 6:55. I switched out my Via Napoli ADR for Tokyo Dining as I needed a later time to accommodate my FPs.
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 1).......Dinosaur 9:30-10:30, FoLK 10:30-11:30, UP! Bird show 1:15.
  • Hollywood Studios (evening with EMH until 12:30)......ToT 5:25-6:25, SDD 8:10-9:10, Fantasmic (late showing).
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 2)......Kilimanjaro Safari 5:25-6:25, FoP 6:30-7:30, Rivers of Light.
  • Magic Kingdom.......Peter Pan's Flight 9:25-10:25, SDMT 10:45-11:45, Haunted Mansion 1:00-2:00.

59 days to go!!!:yay:

I guess most of us August travelers have gotten FP at this point. My schedule is now perfect which makes me sad cause what do I do for the next 2 months??
Nope, haven't even booked resort yet LOL, will have DD do that next week for her discount.
glad everyone is getting the FP they want.

I have 2FPs and one ADR I'm still trying to tweak -- not too bad for 13 days. Every time I think of it I'm on the app ;)

I’m pretty happy with my ADRs, although I am still searching for my elusive Jiko wine tasting on August 22. My FP+ are fine but I figure I can always try and tweak them here and there.

I’m pretty happy with my ADRs, although I am still searching for my elusive Jiko wine tasting on August 22. My FP+ are fine but I figure I can always try and tweak them here and there.

I'm trying to tweak my Garden Grill BF a little earlier, not a huge deal, it's PPO and we will still get there for 8 am (8:20 ADR)
I have a 7DMT for 2:40 on our first park day, I'm trying to bump that up.
I did not get a FOP for 60+2, we will rope drop it if I can't pick one up before the day arrives.

It's actually the 7DMT one that I want to move the most because we usually break in mid afternoon.

Fastpasses are booked!!!!

Yay! Even though I couldn't get online until after 10 am (darn work!) I was able to get everything I wanted, including FoP and Slinky Dog!!

Currently I only have a 5 day hopper plus (most likely upgrading to AP upon arrival) so I could only book 5 park days for now. I will have to hope for the best when booking additional days later on. :)

Here's how it looks for now;
  • Epcot on arrival day (EMH until 11 pm)...... Soarin' 3:25 - 4:25, Spaceship Earth 4:25 - 5:25, Mission Space 5:55 - 6:55. I switched out my Via Napoli ADR for Tokyo Dining as I needed a later time to accommodate my FPs.
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 1).......Dinosaur 9:30-10:30, FoLK 10:30-11:30, UP! Bird show 1:15.
  • Hollywood Studios (evening with EMH until 12:30)......ToT 5:25-6:25, SDD 8:10-9:10, Fantasmic (late showing).
  • Animal Kingdom (Day 2)......Kilimanjaro Safari 5:25-6:25, FoP 6:30-7:30, Rivers of Light.
  • Magic Kingdom.......Peter Pan's Flight 9:25-10:25, SDMT 10:45-11:45, Haunted Mansion 1:00-2:00.

59 days to go!!!:yay:
I’m really thinking of moving some days around to go to Hollywood studios on that night that it’s open till 1230. I love the parks at night

Today is my sister's FP day since she gets there a few days before the rest of us, so I'm up and ready to do hers. Going for Epcot and AK. Wednesday, my brother will do DHS and MK for the rest of us.

For AK, I'm going for FOP, KS and EE. It's their first time at the park, so everything is new to them.
For Epcot, I'm going for TT, MS and I don't know the third yet. Probably Nemo or Spaceship Earth.

ETA:
We had a bit of a surprise today! A happy surprise. We thought we'd have to do separate FPs since my sis and brother in law are arriving 8/23 and we're 8/26 but we were able to book all our FPs today.

I got wanted I wanted, except for FOP, for my sis's AK/EPCOT days. We pretty much got what we expected for DHS/MK. We did get TSMM for 9 people at 9:40 that day, so we're going to rope drop SDD. My brother got Star Tours since it's on the way to lunch and ToT for late afternoon. Bro, sis and brother in law are going to single line RnR so the rest of us don't waste a FP.

For MK, we are doing EMM so we didn't have to do 7DMT or PP, so he got BTMR for late morning and POTC for after the kids BBB/PL appointments. We'll be ending the day at Buzz, my nephew's favorite ride before heading to Chef Mickey's for my niece's birthday dinner.

Our only hiccup was my parent's tickets. They each had a 1 day comp ticket and 1 day park ticket for DHS. It wasn't recognizing their comp ticket, but I called and 41 minutes later, they were able to go in and add them for FPs within 5 minutes of our time.

Last edited:

@jneen277 sounds like an extremely successful FP morning, especially for 9 people :-) Congrats! I'm 43 days out, so at this stage I'm like many others on this thread, just tweaking times. Really, I don't think I need to tweak times but it keeps me busy while planning our trip. So glad to have to the Dis around to discuss Disney as I'm driving my DH and kids nuts lol.

Going to Epcot moonlight magic on 8/15 Does anyone know if World Showcase is open for this event? Or just future world?

Still trying to move Slinky and FOP earlier, even though they're both before noon already. Just trying to get them around 11am.

Still trying to move Slinky and FOP earlier, even though they're both before noon already. Just trying to get them around 11am.

I managed to get Slinky at 9:40 on our departure day and FOP twice, one at 4:00 on the day we are doing the Tiffins ROL package and the second one at 10:40 on our other AK day.

Still trying to get that Jiko wine tasting...not sure why I've got such a bee in my bonnet about this one but I'm going to keep trying! :)

I'm trying to tweak my Garden Grill BF a little earlier, not a huge deal, it's PPO and we will still get there for 8 am (8:20 ADR)
For any PPO ADR, you're pretty much seated in the order of arrival at the restaurant. For example, if your ADR is at 8:40, but you head straight to GG at 8:00, they'll look to seat you upon your arrival at 8:00.

For any PPO ADR, you're pretty much seated in the order of arrival at the restaurant. For example, if your ADR is at 8:40, but you head straight to GG at 8:00, they'll look to seat you upon your arrival at 8:00.

Thanks so much for that tidbit of info. I definitely am planning to get there by 8am, so perfect!

So glad to have found my fellow August travelers! We'll be sweating together, lol. We'll be there Aug. 18-22. All of our FP and ADRs are set, but I went to look at the times for Jedi Training Academy (because my 8-yr-old son would love to do it), and it says "no performances" for every day we are there. We plan on doing HS on 8/20. Does anyone know if they run JTA all the time or only on certain days? Thanks in advance!

So glad to have found my fellow August travelers! We'll be sweating together, lol. We'll be there Aug. 18-22. All of our FP and ADRs are set, but I went to look at the times for Jedi Training Academy (because my 8-yr-old son would love to do it), and it says "no performances" for every day we are there. We plan on doing HS on 8/20. Does anyone know if they run JTA all the time or only on certain days? Thanks in advance!

I don't think they post Jedi Training times until much closer. I looked at the times for today to get an idea.

Seeing a 1:50pm SDD Fastpass for 8/3 and a 12:55 FOP Fastpass for 8/4 FYI (searching for 2 people). We have earlier times than this already but if anybody is searching, go take a look!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter