*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

A TON of FOP Fastpasses just went up. I got 9am on my first and third day!

I can't thank you enough. We are staying at AKL the first 3 days of our stay at DW and I couldn't get FOP for any of those days originally. Now I got them for two of them. I would have never thought to look again. I just switched our days around again but so thrilled. We were going to have to go to AK when we were staying at the BWI. Truly - thank you so much. :thanks:

I believe I read elsewhere on these forums that a FP window has a grace period of up to 5 minutes prior or 15 minutes after (someone else can confirm this) - so IIRC "The Seas" was not that long of a ride, so if you walk in at 11:35am you'll walk out around 11:45-11:50am and it's not that long of a walk over to Norway, so the times sound tight but do-able (especially if an ADR also has a small grace period). Again, others can chime in but it sounds workable. Good luck!
Good to know - thank you!

Is anyone else obsessively looking over your itinerary and trying to make little tweaks? I seriously think I have crossed the line into obsession. :D I'm so glad this board exists because my family and friends do not want to hear me rant about how I have a 4:20 Coral Reef ADR and a 5:50 Coral Reef ADR and I don't know which one to keep while I try for that elusive 5pm ADR! Just saying good morning and it's officially July so we get to go to Disney NEXT MONTH!

Is anyone else obsessively looking over your itinerary and trying to make little tweaks? I seriously think I have crossed the line into obsession. :D I'm so glad this board exists because my family and friends do not want to hear me rant about how I have a 4:20 Coral Reef ADR and a 5:50 Coral Reef ADR and I don't know which one to keep while I try for that elusive 5pm ADR! Just saying good morning and it's officially July so we get to go to Disney NEXT MONTH!
I’ve been over planning for months now… Decided not to talk about it with my daughter anymore so she won’t get tired of the trip before we even go LOL

Since we were just able to get FOP FPs weeks after day 60 I had to rearrange our plans yet again. I am so glad that they opened up more FOP FPs now we are going to AK on the days we wanted. We also have ADRs that we want to change times - so I am always looking for openings. It is fun.
I am so grateful for the Disboard - I would never had known they opened more FPs. We go next month too - we can't wait. Enjoy!

I got SDD 3 times lol. I mean we’re there 12 days and i wanted backup passes in case it’s down, weather, etc. A consequence though is no TSMM.

We have FOUR FOP FPs for our August trip, so I get it. SDD looks cool, hoping to get on it once, but wasn't my family's priority.

We have FOUR FOP FPs for our August trip, so I get it. SDD looks cool, hoping to get on it once, but wasn't my family's priority.

We got FOP twice and SDMT 3 times. My daughter was mad I got mine train so much but many a time I’ve had that ride go down on me.

Yep, me too. I changed a park day for FoP the other day, added in a night at UO, and am now debating adding another day in because we arrive so late and I got SDD FP, and I thought it might be nice to have a full day of rest at the beginning, too.

However, I’m deciding what we’d do during the 11am-3pm (plus) time we’d be out of a room. Unless I have shade at the pool near the kids (one is not a strong swimmer), I can’t do that long there -sun too strong, and I won’t be at a park at that time of day.

Anyone know - Can cabanas be rented by the pool at Beach/yacht club, Wilderness, or Kidani?

I've been pretty good so far; but now that we are in the month of our departure (3 days of our trip is in July, 6 in August), I know I'm going to be fiddling around with fast passes and dining. I'm thinking of adding a character meal. I'm also thinking of getting up early and driving down on the 29th instead of starting on the 28th and stopping overnight. If we leave on the 29th, I'm going to shift our park days out by one and may even add a day and come home on the 7th instead of the 6th. All of this because I was thinking that since we will have a car, we might go over to Universal for a day in the middle of the trip.

But it's fun.

Nope - what's done is done and the FPs stay as is... we stood in line from 11:00pm-1:15am for FOP when it first opened last year so now that I have an FP for our group of 7, everything else is gravy.

Actually there are 2 in our group (an 11 y/o and her grandma) of 7 that don't yet know when are going, and they are the first-timers. We are meeting for lunch on the 4th of July to give them the surprise that they will be leaving a month from that day, and so now THEY will then have weeks to obsess over planning above and beyond what's already been done.

I am obsessing too! Decided after doing fast passes that we DO want a ppo garden grill to get a spin on soarin. Our two EP days have TT and FEA fastpasses. We already have a dinner I booked at 180 Days, but the kids are thinking they rather do breakfast then dinner and try that cinnamon bun! DH doesn’t want to hear about it anymore!!

Okay friends, question for everyone. Any recommendations for quick service brunch/lunch at the resorts? We will have a couple QS meal credits remaining on our last day, and do not have entry into the parks (AP expire the day before we leave). Thanks! :goodvibes

Okay friends, question for everyone. Any recommendations for quick service brunch/lunch at the resorts? We will have a couple QS meal credits remaining on our last day, and do not have entry into the parks (AP expire the day before we leave). Thanks! :goodvibes

I enjoy Roaring Forks at WL. Also like the Kalua pork sliders at oasis pool grill and the nachos at Captn cooks at Poly.

Where will you be staying? We enjoy the Contempo Cafe at CR a lot - or the QS at the Poly, WL or the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter