The Official December 2009 Car Rental Thread

Keisha, I looked on Mousesavers for the $40 coupon code but can't find it. Could you tell me where to find it or what it is? TIA!

ND1881jdk, not sure if you must be member of emerald club to use (couldn't hurt to join to get to use the EAisle:thumbsup2), no hard copy is required

good luck

ND1881jdk, not sure if you must be member of emerald club to use (couldn't hurt to join to get to use the EAisle:thumbsup2), no hard copy is required

good luck

Thank you, Keisha! I am a member and my rate is now down to $160.52 with your help! Every little bit helps for sure. (I used 5007160 along with Keisha's coupon to get this rate for 12/1-12/9. National EA rate is within a dollar of Alamo's rate for a compact for the same week. :woohoo:)

National $40 coupon now working for my dates early Dec.:thumbsup2

Thanks, I'll have to modify when I get home tonight. I've been trying that code for weeks now and nothing. National kept sending me emails about using it, but it just wouldn't work. Glad to hear it is now.

ND1881JDK worked for me too! Thanks for posting.

And boy, it came close!

My dates of 12/4-12/15, National came to $191.07 using the codes directly above (I'm not sure where they are from?)

However, Alamo still beats it by a few dollars. My Alamo ressie is for $182.30

If anyone still needs a car, definitely jump on National!!! Great rate!!!

And boy, it came close!

My dates of 12/4-12/15, National came to $191.07 using the codes directly above (I'm not sure where they are from?)

However, Alamo still beats it by a few dollars. My Alamo ressie is for $182.30

If anyone still needs a car, definitely jump on National!!! Great rate!!!

I just read up on Mousesavers about a new code for Alamo and saved myself another $10 on my rental!

I used the Costco code of 7014627 and $30 coupon AD2123JMC

It lowered my rate from $182.30 to $170.60!! Yahoooo!!!

Does anyone know how lenient Alamo is for return times?

Go to post #211 on this thread and choose the "2125 WEST LANDSTREET ROAD" location. It's about 10 miles from MCO and you will have to take a cab there. You can return to MCO at no additional charge. An intermediate is $340 plus tax (about $400 with tax). Not the best rate, but half of what you're getting now!

Is that Budget? Are you saying I can alter my ressie from Westland St to return my reserved budget car (getting frm Westland St to save big $$) to MCO directly for no additional charge?

Is that Budget? Are you saying I can alter my ressie from Westland St to return my reserved budget car (getting frm Westland St to save big $$) to MCO directly for no additional charge?
Yes, I think so. There didn't appear to be any penalties. It won't hurt to try it!

Thanks to all on this thread:

Went with National (like MCO pu/do) for a Minivan. Used contract ID 3717122 (have to book with Mastercard) and coupon ND1881jdk as others have posted for an additional $40. My dates are Jan 25-Feb 1 for a week-long rental and my total, all in, is $348.38 which I am pretty happy with for a minivan for a week!! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the minivans have a TV in them?

A lot of people must be planning on WDW for the holidays this year. I have always gotten great deals in the past, but this year, there doesn't seem to be any. I started looking in May and couldn't find anything. Ended up booking with Thrify (who I don't really care for) and got a total rate of $202.37 for a Dodge Charger or similar. Rates out there now seem to be in teh $600 to $700 range for Dec. 19 - 25. YUCk

Robin, Thanks for the tip on renting at Westland St and returning at MCO. Just made the switch for NO CHARGE! No taxi back to MCO from Westland St equates to about $25 more in savings!! SCORE! YOU ARE GREAT!!!!

Wow, some of you are getting fab rates - congrats! :thumbsup2

Right now lowest price is $239 (all in, no insurance) for an overnite! :scared1: Trying to get from Fort Lauderdale and dropping off in Orlando...sheesh, I can't believe my overnite rental costs almost as much as the weekly rate some of you are getting. I'm checking out getting it for a week now, which will also save us $36 to take Mears to MCO. The weekly rate is $700+ right now :faint:

In September we were bemoaning the $96 rate we got, now we're :worship: :worship: we got it. :rotfl: Guess I'm not even going to waste time looking for something less expensive now :lmao:

cheers,
:flower3:

Robin, Thanks for the tip on renting at Westland St and returning at MCO. Just made the switch for NO CHARGE! No taxi back to MCO from Westland St equates to about $25 more in savings!! SCORE! YOU ARE GREAT!!!!
You're welcome :)).

Hey, klam ... what is your date? I can probably find a better rate :).

You're welcome :)).

Hey, klam ... what is your date? I can probably find a better rate :).

Wow, appreciate the offer, robinb! :goodvibes

Dec 22 pick up around 9am, FLL
Dec 23 drop off early evening. The current rate of $96 is with Avis, dropping off on International Drive (location code e2f, but anywhere around US on International Drive would be fine). We picked a locale that had the car rental desk in a hotel so we could drop off the keys at the hotel counter if they were closed by the time we arrived. We're driving to Orlando after we finish visiting the Kennedy Space Center at 6pm.

If it is cheaper for us to keep the rental over a Saturday, that would be fine as we are flying out on Sunday evening, Dec 27, and can just park it at the hotel for free until we leave. Thx for any suggestions! :goodvibes

cheers,

Hi. Quick question on the national $40 coupon. Could someone tell me what the dates are on it? It is working for my late January rental and works out to be a few $ cheaper than my alamo rental. Just want to make sure I'm covered since the coupon isn't needed at check in.

Thanks,
Val.

Wow, appreciate the offer, robinb! :goodvibes

Dec 22 pick up around 9am, FLL
Dec 23 drop off early evening. The current rate of $96 is with Avis, dropping off on International Drive (location code e2f, but anywhere around US on International Drive would be fine). We picked a locale that had the car rental desk in a hotel so we could drop off the keys at the hotel counter if they were closed by the time we arrived. We're driving to Orlando after we finish visiting the Kennedy Space Center at 6pm.

If it is cheaper for us to keep the rental over a Saturday, that would be fine as we are flying out on Sunday evening, Dec 27, and can just park it at the hotel for free until we leave. Thx for any suggestions! :goodvibes

cheers,
You are really keeping the car for 2 days, so that's why it's so expensive. If you use the link mentioned in post #211 you can get an intermediate car from Budget and pick up at FLL and drop off at the the Doubletree for $112.41 with taxes. You will have to call the Doubletree location to see if you can return the car after hours.
Rate ( USD )
84.00 car
0.00 options
0.00 equipment & services
0.00 protections
28.41 taxes & fees
6.36 total taxes
22.05 total fees
$ 112.41 TOTAL
1 day 9 hour rental unlimited free miles rate code 0R

HOLLYWOOD/FT. LAUDERDALE APT - FLL
FT.LAUDERDALE , FL
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:00 AM
Return:

DOUBLETREE @ WALT DISNEY WORLD - M03
ORLANDO , FL
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 05:59 PM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter