**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

Hi all! Slightly late to this party but would love to join. We are arriving in Orlando 6/21, spending a few days at the dark side and switching to the house of mouse 6/24-7/2. We are staying off site at the waldorf-Astoria This is ouR first offf site I need 8 + plus years

Hi everyone! I live overseas and am visiting Orlando for a conference late in June. I am staying at Hilton BC 6/25-6/30. I wouldn't have found out about this forum if I weren't making solo plans for WDW (got scared and started searching), and although there are lots of good information around here, all the planning tips got me more and more nervous... ;D I haven't booked my tickets yet. I'm not sure if anyone in my conference party will join me but probably not, so if I end up going solo I hope I'll get to meet some of you! I am an extroverted introvert, a little shy but love talking and riding fast attractions. I am planning on 2 days in WDW and 1 day at US (6/25, 6/28-30).

We will be at the Waldorf which is on the same property as the Hilton. Maybe we can meet up.....I do have crazy kids though :tongue:

I'm having mild panic regarding FtP. I have been trying every day to FP that. Do you think we will be okay getting there at rope drop?

Just did online check-in for our SW flights tomorrow! (we paid for EB on the way back but not on the way down). Not shockingly, we got high A40s (small airport, not a busy travel time). This time tomorrow we'll be taking off!

Finishing packing today, organizing the kids' stuff for their grandparent-stays. DD9 totally just assumed we were going to Disney (even though I just said FL), and suggested we make sure to do all the movies and history stuff in World Showcase that I always want to do and go to a "fancy" restaurant (instead of character meals)! I'm so impressed with her! I told her we weren't doing MK and I wouldn't ride 7D without her - she was flabbergasted, how could I go and not ride! Told DS12 this am (because his sister will say something...) - he was highly offended and said he could certainly come on our anniversary trip, it would be fine :rotfl2:

Time to go drop all the dance recital stuff off at my parents so that they're ready to take DD to her dress rehearsal tomorrow (we'll be back for her recital on Sunday).

Checked My Disney Experience and it says my MB have shipped but I haven't received an email. 20 days to go!

Hope everyone has a magical vacation!!

I leave one week from Today.

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
Watching weather in Orlando
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But I'm going solo
In the early morn
The Uber's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll walk the dog
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' for Orlando

Full apologies to John Denver.

Y'all are making me sad (because we don't leave 'til the 23rd)
and stressed (because you're so much more ready that I am at the moment)
and relieved (because I still have 3.5 weeks to pull everyone/thing together.)

I'll be watching for those trip reports, don't let me down, early birdies!!!

Just a heads up!

Disney released a new Happily Ever After firework show at Grand Floridian called "Gone Mad Party" the firework show is FREE to all but everything else $. Here's the scoop:
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/05/gone-mad-party-returns-to-disneys-grand.html

Here's some pictures from last year:
http://www.chipandco.com/journey-wonderland-grand-floridians-gone-mad-party-245945/

:ccat:
Wow! My Alice loving teen DD would LOVE that! Sadly we are going on our shortest trip ever from a Sat-Tues, so no Weds party for us. Any chance they'll have it more nights this year? BTW in full disclosure, we are going in July but I happened to peek into this thread since it is pretty close.

Wow! My Alice loving teen DD would LOVE that! Sadly we are going on our shortest trip ever from a Sat-Tues, so no Weds party for us. Any chance they'll have it more nights this year? BTW in full disclosure, we are going in July but I happened to peek into this thread since it is pretty close.

They might add more days if it's popular in June. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter